View Poll Results: How Much NEMO?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The rehab is just fine. Kids love Nemo. Why not go 100%?

7 24.14%
  • Disney should update the pavilion, but a little more Nemo is OK.

10 34.48%
  • Update the pavilion, but no more Nemo! What we have is good, but this isn't Fantasyland...

10 34.48%
  • Do not touch the pavilion. It's perfect as-is.

0 0%
  • Get rid of Nemo! The characters don't belong in Epcot.

3 10.34%
  • Other - you decide

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    I'm all for the character theming if it's done the right way and not overdone to a point where adults can't enjoy it. i.e. not over-commercialized.
    Exactly. We're not trying to take out the education aspect here, we're actually trying to help the kids learn MORE than what the pavilion was originally. Epcot is NOT solely based on education. If it was, it would just be a museum. Epcot is about the combination of education and entertainment, and that's exactly what they're trying to do. LS isn't very entertaining anymore, and the character connection will help kids identify with the education portion. Kids will learn far more with Nemo than they will with the current LS (mostly because they're bored out of their minds).
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

• Minion

A LOT of mixed reviews!

I'll throw in mine: I'm VERY pleased with what we've seen so far at the Living Seas. Turtle Talk with Crush is amazing. I do have one problem with it, and it's that the attraction isn't as educational as I would hope. Crush does spout out a few turtle facts, but that's about it. Regardless, I have plans to see this wonderful new show during every trip to Epcot. I think it's one of the best things to come to Epcot in many years: it allows kids to learn and have fun in a totally new way... and just as well entertains adults who wonder, "How do they DO that?!"

As the Living Seas stands now, nearly the entire bottom floor is completely themed to Nemo. But the "realistic" story of Seabase Alpha still exists, allowing guests to be submerged into an original experience WHILE having a variety in types of show. The balance works, and I think it can stick through during the potential rehab.

Because whatever happens, the Living Seas needs a tasteful update. The serene atmosphere should stay, but a general refreshening would be awesome.

There are a few things I would be against - i.e. a show based on Nemo or The Little Mermaid that doesn't focus on the Seas (i.e. a musical revue). However, I don't think Disney would ever do this. (At least at this point ).

I guess a good example of what I'm envisioning can be seen in the Land. Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa were added to the pavilion in one show, but they didn't take over the Living with the Land Boatride, Harvest Theater show, or Sunshine Season Food Fair. A "symbiosis" was created, allowing the magic originality of Epcot and the Imagineers to shine through along with the movie tie-in experience.

I don't mind Nemo being added a tad more, but if "Nemoland" results, we may as well call the Living Seas "Fantasyland." As it was sung in Epcot's Opening Celebration, "It's no fantasy - it's all alive and real!"

It would pain me to see Toy Story take over the Wonders of Life (as it was once rumored), Monsters Inc. take over Energy, etc. The same "character invasion" exists in Tomorrowland with Stitch and Buzz. Although I'm not against what we have now with Buzz or Nemo, a further spreading of the characters can tip the balance and lead to the other extreme.

Case in point, Toy Story space aliens potentially taking over the Carousel of Progress.

Balance, then, sums up my post.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

i guess you all are right. maybe more of Nemo in the LS will get kids more interested in going into there to explore. I just don't want to see a name change or anything like like, even if they change the name to The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends. I really DON'T want to see that when I head down to WDW in May.

OH, Indy95, you need to add exploration onto your synopsis of what Epcot is for. Exploration is one of the things that makes epcot so great!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Minion

i guess you all are right. maybe more of Nemo in the LS will get kids more interested in going into there to explore.
    BigDaddy, I've read some of your other posts and you always have great ideas and thoughts.

It seems like there's definitely an issue with attendance at LS and they need to do something. I happen to think the Nemo idea is a good one, but hey...it's not the only idea out there! If you have a more effective idea than character theming the attraction, please share!

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I was thinking about an upgrade of the Hydrodulators into an actual sit down expeience. Let the hydrodulator take you around sea base alpha. Kinda like the 20k ride. I know they have plenty of room in there to do it, and I would love to relive the days of 20k. I can't think of a whole lot to do with LS, but this is one thing that I think will work.
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by General Grizz
    A "symbiosis" was created, allowing the magic originality of Epcot and the Imagineers to shine through along with the movie tie-in experience.
    Pretty ironic, since that's the show Circle of Life replaced.

Anywho, although I like LS I am in favor of them doing any type of update. After all, although it's great, there are only so many times I can here "And it rained...and rained...and rained."

Living Seas, as it was, was nothing more than a giant aquarium. No rides, the attraction being the fish, it only attracted those who love fish. Bringing in a new theme would be great. I think they need to take away the aquariums from the seacabs part of the attraction and use that whole area (in addition to the hydrolator area and preshow area) for an actual ride that leads into the main part. Now, this shouldn't be a rollercoaster, but it should also be a ride, not just a look at more fish. They could use this part as a SSE-type ride that would replace the film as an intro to the ride. It should give us background (like the film), but also provide some effects (like maybe the seas being formed---we'll let the imagineers to their magic) so this way no one can bypass it, giving everyone the information. (Maybe they can even use "And it rained...and rained...and rained" somewhere in it. )

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Social Imagineer

Well, I personally think that if you can't enjoy that giant aquarium, you need your pulse checked.

• Been there-Doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by AndRu
    Disney should forget the things like "The Living Seas" and leave them to Sea World who are the experts in this field. Epcot deserves better rides and attractions than fake lifts and small fish tanks.
    I think Disney should learn from Sea World rather than leave it to them. Sea World proves that the seas can make an interesting attraction if done right. LS has become dated and something needs to be done. As for Nemo and Little Mermaid I think they have their place in the pavilion to help excite kids about learning but they shouldn't become the whole attraction. I would hate for Epcot to become just another ride theme park. I enjoy learning things.

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Quote Originally Posted by General Grizz
    As it was sung in Epcot's Opening Celebration, "It's no fantasy - it's all alive and real!"
    Ironic considering that Journey Into Imagination opened less than a year after Epcot's opening.
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

I would be in full support in changing the exit to the entrance of the pavilion... every time I leave the Hydrolators I always hear "We're in a gift shop?"

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Well....

I really don't mind the overlay's. Its not like the pavillion was getting attention before Nemo, and it needed it! My vote is for a nice attraction to take the place of the fish tank ride-through. Maybe the Storm Rider attraction from Tokyo Disney Sea, but with a more nautical theme? Plus, they can add on as much Nemo stuff as they want, IMO. As long as the theme of Sea Base Alpha stays the same, maybe beef up that angle, they can make all the sea creature exhibits Nemo to their heart's content.

Xero, Agent Xero...
    Member of the 30+ Visits Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12