Trim Some Trees, Disney

One of the things I've noticed from looking at some of the old pictures posted here and from blogs elsewhere is that the trees seem to be over taking Disney. I also ran into some tree issues when trying to find a place to watch the fireworks when I visited WDW last year.

Can somebody at Disney please hire someone to trim the trees back a little?

Check out the trees before and after in some of these pictures:

THEN AND NOW: MK Fantasyland [Part*1] - Imagineering Disney - Imagineering Disney

THEN AND NOW: Liberty Square [Part*1] - Imagineering Disney - Imagineering Disney

THEN AND NOW: Epcot Future World [Part*1] - Imagineering Disney - Imagineering Disney

Re: Trim Some Trees, Disney

Personally, I like the trees. With out them it looks too open. With them it gives that feeling of always having been there, part of the land. To me it completes the views much better.

Of course I'm from New England, and the only thing we have more of than trees are rocks, so it makes it fell more like home.

You can see some more out of control trees with Mexico's pavilion in the photos in this blog:

Walt Disney World Then & Now: World Showcase at Epcot, Part 1

• Program

I didn't see anything wrong with the trees when I visited...

and your links don't seem to change my mind at all. Just doesn't even seem like an issue.
    Last edited by mess98; 07-23-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typo

I love the tall trees. In fact, the more the merrier. The new Mexico pics look a lot better than the old ones. They especially help hide those ugly telephone lines in the background (to the right). I was disappointed when they removed the trees on Main Street in front of the castle. As far as i'm concerned, they've removed to many. I like the tall plentiful trees.

I like the trees - they offer some needed shade in a few spots. Secondly, they keep the place from having that "new development" look. The early shots (thanks for posting those BTW) make the place look like a brand new park where the vegetation hasn't had a chance to grow in yet. Now, it looks lush and green, and, to me anyway, more inviting.

Also - please correct me if I'm wrong somebody - they ripped out a bunch of trees up around the hub in Magic Kingdom a couple of years ago and a whole heap of people lost their minds over it. I actually miss those trees as well.

• Minion

Seriously. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of trees, but they're definitely overgrown. It messes with the forced perspective on a lot of buildings, and muddles the clean lines of the original EPCOT architecture. Moreover, they look untidy.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Seriously. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of trees, but they're definitely overgrown. It messes with the forced perspective on a lot of buildings, and muddles the clean lines of the original EPCOT architecture. Moreover, they look untidy.
    I have to agree for most of the pictures.
    Things just seemed a bit more grand in the older pictures. I think the trees should should be trimmed a bit, & I love trees in the park. But not let the trees take away from the main attractions.
    It doesn't have to have that "developement" look just to trim them down some.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Environment wise I think the tree in Liberty Square do make sense. Fantasyland could go either way. But I would agree that Future World is in greatest need of tree trimming. It takes away from the look of Future World than add to it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about removing them.

I'm talking about trimming them up, so that they don't take away from the look and feel of the buildings around them.

Also, notice, that I didn't post as anything about Animal Kingdom. If there is one park where Disney could let its trees take over a park, it's Animal Kingdom.

If I wanted to go to a forest, I'd hit Yosemite, not Disney World.