• WDW will always be home.

Official Magic Kingdom 40th Celebration Pseudo-Confirmed

So I filled out the survey to express interest in the Haunted Mansion Room for 1 More event (before I saw the price tag) because I knew I'd be on property then anyway. Today I got an email informing me that I hadn't been selected to the guest list, but there was some very interesting info at the bottom of the email:

We appreciate your enthusiasm to volunteer to join us for the Room for 1 More Haunted Mansion Event, but our ghost hosts are deeply saddened to say that you have not been selected to purchase a ticket for this event. As you can imagine, there were many more requests for plots than we were able to fulfill. You are, however, included on the waiting list. Should not all of the foolish mortals choose to purchase their tickets, names from the waiting list will be emailed as space allows.
    Questions may be directed to the spirited team at Walt Disney Event Services by calling 407.827.7600 or emailing to [email protected].
    Don’t forget to mark your calendar for the 40th Anniversary Celebration of Walt Disney World® Resort on Saturday, October 1st at Magic Kingdom® Park.

So it sounds like there will be some sort of official 40th anniversary celebration in the MK on the actual 40th. Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone heard anything about this? AFAIK this is the only official source that's even mentioned something like this.

I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Official Magic Kingdom 40th Celebration Pseudo-Confirmed

This is news.... must inquire...
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Shubisha

Kinda just sounds like they were reminding people of the anniversary date and is completely unrelated to any plans :P I don't doubt they'll do "something" but I question whether it'll be more than what they did for Epcot's 25th. I'd imagine less but maybe they'll toss a cavalcade onto the street, play Roy's dedication speech?(not sure I've ever heard them choose to use this, they always use Walt's Disneyland dedication for stuff :P), and even chuck some Remember the Magic after Wishes or something if we're lucky. =P

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Kinda just sounds like they were reminding people of the anniversary date and is completely unrelated to any plans :P I don't doubt they'll do "something" but I question whether it'll be more than what they did for Epcot's 25th. I'd imagine less but maybe they'll toss a cavalcade onto the street, play Roy's dedication speech?(not sure I've ever heard them choose to use this, they always use Walt's Disneyland dedication for stuff :P), and even chuck some Remember the Magic after Wishes or something if we're lucky. =P
    I don't know... I think everyone already assumed that they'd make an announcement and play the dedication speech, but the fact that they're specifically calling it a "40th Anniversary Celebration" and this is an email from "Walt Disney Event Services" to me implies that it'll be a little more than that. Honestly, I'd be OK if they even just did as much as they did for Epcot's 25th (at least what they ended up doing after the fan celebration shamed the company into holding a public ceremony). We already know there won't be any major attractions or refurbs (unless one counts the Tiki Room, the pyramid thing at Epcot, and whatever the heck Project 2011 is). I don't need a pepto-bismol Castle again, thank you very much.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

That would be cool. The family and I will be there that week, and would certainly enjoy a little extra magic

So this may lend credence to the idea that something official is being planned for October 1... Disney preparing for WDW’s 40th behind the scenes | The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia
    -Walt Disney