Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Angry Off Our Rockers on Main Street!

ORGOCH: Okay, ducklin's, listen up! Ya all knows I ain't the type ta complain much. But after goin' ta the Tragic Kingdom earlier taday--Friday--I just gotta say I'm mad as a wet hen! It was hotter 'n HADES taday. Me an' my two looney sisters went ta do some frog huntin' at the park--

ORDDU: Speak for yourself, dear. Orwen and I aren't into frogs like you are. I was there to stalk--I mean find--Flynn Ryder--

ORGOCH: Stop interruptin' me er I can make it so somebody's house falls on ya! Anyways, there the 3 of us was--walkin' up ta the front porch of Expose Yerself Hall--when we was all shocked inta next week 'cause there weren't no rockin' chairs fer us ta sit in!! I mean, we couldn't believe it!! Where'd they go?

ORDDU: When a male cast member came strolling by, we inquired about the missing rocking chairs and he politely replied, "Oh, yes! The rocking chairs! They had to be removed. Someone got hurt by one of them."

ORWEN: As soon as she heard this, a certain nasty old biddy had to be held back by Orddu and me because she looked like she was about to hex the messenger!

ORDDU: I did express our displeasure over this explanation by pointing out that if Disney management removed everything from the parks that was a potential hazard they'd have to close down all the parks. He seemed to agree but would only say there was nothing he could do to bring the rocking chairs back.

ORGOCH: So, what I wanna' know is who I gotta HEX fer takin' away one a the best rides they had in the whole dang park?!?! I cain't even tell ya's how many times the 3 of us used ta sit there rockin' away on the front porch a that place--givin' out free advice ta strangers, tryin' ta keep one dumb sister from openin' her big, fat mouth too much, whilst hopin' the other one didn't git carted off by some insecurity guard fer flirtin' too much with married men. The point IS I really needs ta know who ta git revenge on fer this! Any a ya happen ta know????

Re: Off Our Rockers on Main Street!

A sad day indeed. I don't know whats worse, guests complaining about things that can obviously hurt them (if they do something stupid) or management for actually taking unnecessary action.

And now, the complete list of Disney rides to be shut down due to a high risk of injury:
    - Rocking Chairs
    Last edited by mr. taag; 08-07-2011 at 11:45 AM.

• Bangarang!

What's next? Round tickets to prevent sharp edges?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

No, we can't have paper tickets anymore- too high a risk of a paper cut. Instead, all ticket media will be printed on small Mickey-shaped swatches of fabric.

no, no, that would be a choking hazard.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Ok, everyone will be given a queen-sized comforter piece of fabric with their ticket information printed on them.

Although that could be a tripping hazard.. hmm.... I don't envy the Disney Legal department one bit.

um can you say "Heat Stroke" geez

man, the society we live in...
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's amazing how sue-happy and dumbed down our society has become.

They should fine people for being stupid like that. Maybe someone should tell the government that if they start charging people for making stupid lawsuits just because they, themselves did something stupid. If they did that we would get at least partially out of this pickle we're in.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Koubu Pilot

I guess Disney just couldn't justify the installation of the safety loading gates for the rocking chairs...

So when does all the NERF get installed from berm to berm?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Everybody take a deep breath. This entire scenario is the result of one conversation with one cast member. We berate CMs every day for not always having the correct info, and this could very well be the case here. Disney takes things off stage all the time for refurb, and this might be what happened to the chairs. I have no info either way, but I'm not at all willing to accept the word of a CM as gospel - nor should any of us.

• Minion

ORDDU: Indeed. Those rocking chairs COULD come back. One cast member's word isn't good enough. BUT...IF what he said is true, the reactions many are having about it are justified. That's all this thread is about--reacting to what actually was said at the time.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The only problem is that they're reacting as if this is a done deal, when it's only the word of one CM, a notoriously unreliable source.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Everybody take a deep breath. This entire scenario is the result of one conversation with one cast member. We berate CMs every day for not always having the correct info, and this could very well be the case here. Disney takes things off stage all the time for refurb, and this might be what happened to the chairs. I have no info either way, but I'm not at all willing to accept the word of a CM as gospel - nor should any of us.
    I'm not. I'm just having fun with it.

Either way- I hope they come back. I can't imagine what it would be like without the little porch with chairs on it in Disneyland's Main Street. It adds so much to the charm and lived-in feel on the place. I hope Magic Kingdom doesn't loose this wonderful part of Main Street.

I'm sorry, but if you're the type of person who is prone to getting hurt on a rocking chair then you're the type of person who deserves to get hurt on a rocking chair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast