Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Agrabah at Animal Kingdom

Disney needs something to compete with Wizarding World, (Fantasyland won't cut it,) and Animal Kingdom needs attractions. What about an Aladdin themed land similar to Arabian Coast at Disney Sea. It would include an E-ticket flying carpet ride using robotic arm technology with AAs, and digital projection. Whaddya think?

(Yes, I know that it's kind of similar tech as Dinosaur, but hpatfj is in the same park as taaosm!)

• Minion

Re: Agrabah at Animal Kingdom

Aladdin makes no sense in Animal Kingdom. It would be a much better choice for that expansion plot in Adventureland they had in mind for Fire Mountain
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

The only fantasy world that belongs in Animal Kingdom is the Beastly Kingdom. Agrabah doesn't even exist, and the whole point of AK is to see things from around the world.

• Minion

I think it would work better in Epcot

• Bangarang!

I agree with FigmentJedi, it'd work a treat in Adventureland. And if they wanted a cheaper option, I'm sure they could just clone elements of TDS' Arabian Coast (Magic Lamp Theatre and Sultans Caravan for instance). Sure it would be a clone, but it would be unique to the US parks.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I'm a Lutheran

Animal Kingdom? Hmm...well I like the idea of having an Arabian Coast-like area at WDW but not in Animal Kingdom. What Animal Kingdom needs is either Beastly Kingdom, an Arctic area, Australia, or a North American area.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Animal Kingdom? Hmm...well I like the idea of having an Arabian Coast-like area at WDW but not in Animal Kingdom. What Animal Kingdom needs is either Beastly Kingdom, an Arctic area, Australia, or a North American area.
    I have been thinking turning Camp Minnie Mickey into a Brownstone Park themed North America area and adding an animal trail and maybe an attraction based on Bigfoot and the Fearsome Critters of Lumberjack folklore would work.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

yeah the agrahbah idea just doesn't work anywhere except maybe a small magic kingdom expansion if they had the space. definitely not AK or epcot.

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I have been thinking turning Camp Minnie Mickey into a Brownstone Park themed North America area and adding an animal trail and maybe an attraction based on Bigfoot and the Fearsome Critters of Lumberjack folklore would work.
    That's an excellent idea. Especially with the animal trail, after all a lot of visitors to Animal Kingdom are from abroad and aren't probably familiar with some of the native species in the country.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    That's an excellent idea. Especially with the animal trail, after all a lot of visitors to Animal Kingdom are from abroad and aren't probably familiar with some of the native species in the country.
    I say let's have some northern exposure too... not just Floridian gators and what not. Let's see some Beavers, Moose, and Geese!

They already have a "big foot" based attraction at the other end of the park.. Everest.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    They already have a "big foot" based attraction at the other end of the park.. Everest.
    They're both big apes, but Yeti and Bigfoot aren't the same thing.
    Besides, keeping with the animated feel of that part of the park, the Brownstone Park Bigfoot would be on a whole other side of the spectrum to Everest's Yeti
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Banned User

North America should be the LAST continent to be featured in Animal Kingdom. Disney Parks need to be more exotic, when you go local you're stuck with thematic junk like DCA. Look at DisneySEA, every "Port of Call" there takes place on an entirely different continent. Obviously, it's been successful.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    North America should be the LAST continent to be featured in Animal Kingdom. Disney Parks need to be more exotic, when you go local you're stuck with thematic junk like DCA.
    Or Frontierland.
    Really, I'm just thinking using the National Park setting of the Humphrey Bear cartoons would be a good extension of Camp Minnie Mickey and make it actually worth venturing into besides just going to see Festival of the Lion King. Not to mention incorporating the lesser known American fantasy creatures falling under the Fearsome Critter banner like Wampus Cats, Hodags, Argopelters, Sidehill Gougers and Squonks would be a good way to go with the "Imaginary animals" part of the park only Everest has really tapped into and introduce guests to the unfamiliar while doing so
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    what about south america

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

They're both big apes, but Yeti and Bigfoot aren't the same thing.
    Besides, keeping with the animated feel of that part of the park, the Brownstone Park Bigfoot would be on a whole other side of the spectrum to Everest's Yeti
    but both are practically identical in description except maybe in hight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast