Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    21

    WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Much like the one in the Disneyland Section of this forum,

    WHAT IS THE WORST RIDE IN WALT DISNEY WORLD HISTORY?
    Mine goes to ELLEN'S ENERGY ADVENTURE at EPCOT

    oh yeah please give reasons why


  2. #2

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Jounrey into YOUR Imagination :P lol. Bland, bland is a reason. Mostly cause it took away a MUCH better attraction and replaced it with sterile boringness of such magnitude they'd almost have done better to just destroy the building and not misslead guests into thinking there was an attraction there at all

    I can't think of many others cause I don't visit WDW enough
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

  3. #3

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,825

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Quote Originally Posted by moger999 View Post
    Much like the one in the Disneyland Section of this forum,

    WHAT IS THE WORST RIDE IN WALT DISNEY WORLD HISTORY?
    Mine goes to ELLEN'S ENERGY ADVENTURE at EPCOT

    oh yeah please give reasons why

    ...And your reason?
    Personally I think it is entertaining and a nice cool break on a hot, sweaty Florida day.

    I think Captain EO is the worst anything in Disney WOrld history. Mostly because it is a ploy to make money using a washed up, yet for some reason popular, allegedly dead guy. OH and it sux.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    Jounrey into YOUR Imagination :P lol. Bland, bland is a reason. Mostly cause it took away a MUCH better attraction and replaced it with sterile boringness of such magnitude they'd almost have done better to just destroy the building and not misslead guests into thinking there was an attraction there at all

    I can't think of many others cause I don't visit WDW enough
    Totally agree. The fact that figment wasn't there really ruined it for me, glad they added him in the latest incarnation of the ride. Imagine a world with no figment?! Ide rather not

    Why would you say Ellen's Energy adventure is bad let alone the worst? I actually like it a lot. It is rather long and I cant do it every time I'm there due to available time but it still makes me chuckle after all these years.

    Kind of a depressing thread there isnt it? lol

  5. #5

    • Disney aficionado
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Stich's Great Escape.

    I never rode it, so I can't knock it really. I just hear awful things about it. Enough to detour me from riding it in the first place.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    lol you cant say something is the worst if you've never even seen it. Stitch really isnt that bad, i just think a lot of people are disappointed because its not as good as alien encounter was. Also the fact that stitch had better potential.

  7. #7

    • Honorary Jungle Skipper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Primeval Whirl. Even at a county fair, I would hate this attraction - every time the ride feels like it's about to gain momentum, it slows down and punches you in the stomach with the restraint. Terrible. Add to that the terrible theming (great Disney artists made to imitate terrible carnival artists), and you've got an embarrassment of an attraction.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,252

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    I suprised no one said sounds dangerous.Oh you want me to sit in the dark with headphones on...no thanx I can do that at home.

    ---------- Post added 08-10-2011 at 01:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol you cant say something is the worst if you've never even seen it. Stitch really isnt that bad, i just think a lot of people are disappointed because its not as good as alien encounter was. Also the fact that stitch had better potential.
    I like stitch to.everyone says children don't like it but I didn't hear one scream, but it still doesn't take place in the future

  9. #9

    • Honorary Jungle Skipper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I suprised no one said sounds dangerous.Oh you want me to sit in the dark with headphones on...no thanx I can do that at home.
    Probably because we established that we shouldn't mention attractions we haven't actually experienced... and no one has ever gone into Sounds Dangerous.

  10. #10

    • Disney aficionado
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol you cant say something is the worst if you've never even seen it. Stitch really isnt that bad, i just think a lot of people are disappointed because its not as good as alien encounter was. Also the fact that stitch had better potential.
    OK, out of the rides I been on at WDW, I'll say Captain EO was the worse. It definitely felt like I was in something from the past that was awful back then and still is awful even with it's nostalgic coolness factor added. I couldn't believe it ever was created.

    Sounds dangerous does sound awful, hence I steered far from that atrocity of an attraction.

    Prince Caspian also was a pretty poor attraction. You might as well have watched the prequel to Prince Caspian in my living room on my big screen TV while I flashed lights for special effects.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    TriceraTop Spin

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    TriceraTop Spin
    Triceratop spin is actually a really good attraction in my opinion. Its a step up on dumbo in quality, however the issue with it is that there are already so many spinner rides in WDW that with out the nostalgia factor it just cant match the others. Just because there's too many of something it doesn't make the individual thing bad on its own.

    From clockworkmonkey:
    Primeval Whirl. Even at a county fair, I would hate this attraction - every time the ride feels like it's about to gain momentum, it slows down and punches you in the stomach with the restraint. Terrible. Add to that the terrible theming (great Disney artists made to imitate terrible carnival artists), and you've got an embarrassment of an attraction.
    I actually don't think Primeval whirl is a bad ride either. I mean it is a wild mouse so you know that it will jostle you around a little bit as that is the nature of the ride but it is much smoother and a better overall ride then any carnival format I've been on. I think this is more a case of having certain expectations of a ride format without previously experiencing it. The whole theme of Chester and hesters really does work in the scheme of things as well, you just need to take in the broader Americana theme of that section of dinoland. I find this area to be one of the most interesting in WDW and is a testament to the imagineers attention to detail. I have a feeling you will probably disagree with me though.


    also as a side note I would have put sounds dangerous and EO before my choice as well, however they are shows not rides so i didn't think they counted .

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    414

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    My vote is for any Spinner ride that doesn't have nostalgic value. Arbitrary, I know.

    I guess generally vote for not necessarily the worst ride, but the most disappointing one.

    I personally find the existence of Test Track and Mission Mars an affront to my fondness for Horizons and World of Motion. But they hardly qualify as bad rides.

    So yeah, any Spinner attraction.

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    phealn ca
    Posts
    1,531

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    sound dangers is the worst ride
    Last edited by mickeyfan4ever; 08-11-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: WORST RIDE in WDW History

    I actually like Sounds Dangerous!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] What is the worst ride in the history of Disneyland Resort?
    By DisneylandMaster in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 02:53 PM
  2. Pinocchio's Daring Journey is the WORST ride in Disneyland!
    By QuinnR14 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
  3. What do you think is the worst ride to go on at DL when it's raining?
    By Princess Buttercup in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 09:10 PM
  4. March's Own a Piece of WDW History Pin
    By BigDaddyKyle in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 12:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •