Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monorail Peach

• MiceAge Columnist

Monorail Peach

This fall, Monorail Peach will debut at WDW. The color will likely be close to Monorail Coral, which has deltas (white cutout sections), so expect the Peach stripe to be solid. Peach will bring the fleet's size back up to 12, which will hopefully help with the recent maintenance issues.

The story was run in a blog entry on the official Disney parks blog briefly on the morning of 8/12, but then pulled. Presumably, this was supposed to be a surprise announcement at D23.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• World Traveler

Re: Monorail Peach

I wonder if the monorail will be peach scented inside.

• WDW will always be home.

Wow. That's big news that we'll be getting a brand new monorail. Had this been announced previously?
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

I don't think it's a brand new one. I think it was pieces of the damaged trains. I'm not surprised. We knew this was happening for some time now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Welcome news. Monorail problems have affected our last few trips. I for one, will be happy to have things back to normal.

On a side note, anyone noticed air conditioning issues on the Epcot line? The air didn't seem to be working on two different trains going to and from Epcot-TTC. On a near-record high temperature day, it was absolutely brutal. Then the trains on the express line were cool and comfy

Cool. When will WDW allow visitors to sit in front again? When I went as to a kid, I remember always riding in the front of the monorail, but when I went last year, I was told that Disney no longer always folks to ride in the front of the monorail.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    Cool. When will WDW allow visitors to sit in front again? When I went as to a kid, I remember always riding in the front of the monorail, but when I went last year, I was told that Disney no longer always folks to ride in the front of the monorail.
    That's probably never coming back. There was a collision last year that killed a driver.

• Thrill Seeker

Hey it could be worse, you could be like Disneyland lol.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

"Thank you Monorail Mario, but our princess is in another castle."
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Disneyland still allows guests to ride in the front and back cabs of the trains. The ban is only at WDW. Disneyland's logic: "If it's not safe for guests to be in the front, how is it safe for our CMs to be in the front?"
    -Bill

Ah... That "New Monorail" smell!

Doesn't not letting guests ride up front say that they don't think it's safe? That's not the message I'd want to send.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I don't think it's a brand new one. I think it was pieces of the damaged trains. I'm not surprised. We knew this was happening for some time now.
    This is incorrect. You're thinking of Monorail Teal which started operation in late 2009.

---------- Post added 08-13-2011 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    Ah... That "New Monorail" smell!

Doesn't not letting guests ride up front say that they don't think it's safe? That's not the message I'd want to send.
    The idea behind it is not that it's unsafe for guests to be located in the front, but that it's unsafe for guests to be in the same cabin as the pilot as it creates a potential distraction for the pilot.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    This is incorrect. You're thinking of Monorail Teal which started operation in late 2009.

---------- Post added 08-13-2011 at 12:02 AM ----------

The idea behind it is not that it's unsafe for guests to be located in the front, but that it's unsafe for guests to be in the same cabin as the pilot as it creates a potential distraction for the pilot.
    as far as i read it's going to contain old parts from the damaged trains and new parts to replace what's needed. monoral teal was a combination of the mostly "undamaged" halves of the 2 monorails that weren't collided with each other.

And guests aren't allowed to sit in the back anymore either at WDW. I side with the previous statement that it makes it seem like we should be worried there's going to be another crash or something. It shouldn't be a distraction for a monorail driver, I feel more comfortable with a monorail driver and a family than a disney bus driver and an overcrowded bus with noisy guests spilling over the yellow line at the end of a park day.

There were two trains and teal got one of the sets of cars. My guess is that Peach will have the other set of passenger cars.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    There were two trains and teal got one of the sets of cars. My guess is that Peach will have the other set of passenger cars.
    If it's a cling peach color, the other set of cars will not only be attached - they will grow from it. It should be a healthy ride, with lots of vitamin C when you look at the sights thru the window.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast