• Future Imagineer

Armchair Imagineering: Walt Disney World Expansion

Even though I live on the opposite side of the country and 20 min. from DLR, I have my share of ideas for all Disney Parks. I happen to have a huge planned expansion for all of WDW.

The Magic Kingdom:

Main Street-
    - have Mickey and Minnie's mouth move in the meet and greet.

Fantasyland-
    - Belle's Storybook Adventure. A BatB dark ride replacing the Belle walkthrough, and using some extra area.
    - Casey Jr. Circus Train. A mini train ride that will be on the other side of the tracks from Storybook Circus. Part of the Storybookland (altered from its DL counterpart).
    - Storybookland Canals. A slow boat ride through the Storybookland.
    - update all the AAs on the dark rides.
    - add a randomness factor to Mickey's Philharmagic. Different songs and scene, different host (Donald, Minnie, or Goofy).
    - The Nightmare Journey. A Nightmare Before Chirstmas dark ride to be next to Storybookland.

Tomorrowland-
    - Walle's Great Escape. A replacement for Stich's Great Escape. Would be themed to the defected robots room on the spaceship in the movie.
    - Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Remove all toy inclusions, and retheme it to the Buzz Light TV show.
    - Tomorrowland Hovercraft Speedway. A hovercraft/futuristic version of the Indy Speedway. Would have 2 versions/sides, one is an actual high speed race, the other is a slow version for kids.
    - Venture Through Time. Monsters Laugh Floor would move to DHS. A dark ride where you go back through different periods of time to try and find a missing time rover. (all rights go to buddybasket101, just loved his idea alot).

Adventureland-
    - close PotC for a referb

Frontierland-
    - close Splash and Big Thunder Mtn for a referb.

Liberty Square-
    - give HM the halloween/x-mas overlay we have in DLR.

DHS:
    Hollywood Boulevard-
    - Pacific Electric Railway, transportation from the enterance to the ToT

Sunset Boulevard-
    - Toon Studio Tour, from my thread: Armchair Imagineering: DCA Expansion- (re) Toon Studio Tour, but would take up the area next to ToT and Fantasmic.
    - Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular. When the show in DCA gets replaced, I plan to move it to replace the BatB musical. The theater would be entirely redesigned to be like our Hyperion Theater with multi-level seating.
    - Fantasmic would recieve improvements and new scenes. Added to the bubble scene would be Never Had a Friend Like Me, When We're Human, and an extended Be Our Guest sequence. After the Pocahontas fight scene, a Whole New World sequence would be added before the romance scene. Malificent's Dragon would be update to look more like DL's version. Steamboat Willie would have more characters on it.

Pixar Place-
    - Monsters Inc. Door Vaulters, a dark suspended rollercoaster, themed to the scene near the end of MI. Would be in the place of the old Millionare building.
    - Mater's Carstoon Spin (a parody of Roger Rabbit in DLR). This would be next to TSMM, and use the area behind it. This would be a journey through Mater's Tall Tales. It would feature different scenes from different shorts, Moon Mater, Mater the Greater, El Materdor, Monster Truck Mater, Unidentified Flying Mater, Tokyo Mater, Rescue Squad Mater, and Mater Private Eye. The vehicles would be minature Mater's and Lightning (each one is from different stories).

Echo Lake-
    - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Atlantis, a different version of the Indy ride here in DL. Indiana Jones has discovered a temple that holds a portal to Atlantis. His good friend, Sarah, has made a buisness having guest enter the portal and recieve either the gifts of riches, youth, or future knowledge. But guest were forbidden from looking at a statue of the head of Posiden, who put the curse on the city and temple. Would be in between the Indy show and Star Tours.
    - Donald's Duck Bumps. A bumper boat ride themed to sailor Donald. Would be in the lake

Streets of America-
    - Muppet Studios. A mini land based of the never built one. Muppet Vision would become The Muppet Show 3D, which would include elements from the show, but specially made for this attraction. The AA would be updated, and the penguins would be replaced with the Muppets band, from the show. The Great Muppet Movie Ride would replace the area next to the Muppet store. Would feature parodies of favorite movies, but mixed with the Muppet's goofy-ness. Rizzo's Pizzerela would replace the Pizza Planet.

Animation Coutyard-
    - Disney's Animation Academy. A class that would teach guest how to draw classic Disney characters.

Backlot Studios (Mickey Avenue)-
    - The Backlot Studio Tour would recieve a Star Wars segment through a replica of the Hoth battle scene, next to Catastrophy Canyon.

Star Wars Studios (a new land)-
    would be next to Rock and Rollercoaster's Warehouse.
    - Death Star Laser Tag, a giant laser tag arena that would take place on the Death Star.
    - Speeder Bikes, and outdoor rollercoaster that goes through the forest of Endor.
    - Mos Eisley Cantine, the restraunt of the land. Based on the restraunt from the movie. Would serve exlusively served foods and drinks.
    - Ewok Tree Village, a walkthrough attraction that would look like the Ewok's village. Next to Speeder Bikes.
    - Star Battles. A special effect, indoor rollerocoaster that would put you in the middle of the batte to destroy the death star. Would have two different tracks with different endings, one would go into the death star and destroy the power generator and the other track would end with dropping the missle into the little hole. The vehicles would be styled after DL's Space Mountain. There would be a unique lightspeed sequence.

DAK:
    The Oasis-
    - nothing

Discovery Island-
    - Dolphin Cove. A dophin stadium which would have a show and a backstage area where you can pet, feed, and swim with the dolphins.

Dinoland-
    - The Excavator. A wooden-looking coaster that would replace Primeval Whirl and most of Dino-rama. Would be themed to a junkyard on top of a dinosaur graveyard. The spirits of the dead dinos come to life as you go through it. The Neverland Files: The Excavator
    - T-Rex, a restraunt from Downtown Disney that would take up the rest of the Dino-rama area.

Asia-
    - close Expedition Everest down for a referb (bring back the effects and fix the Yeti)

Africa-
    - Nature's Wonderland. A train ride (name taken from the former ife in DL) that would Kiliminjaro Safaris from a suspended POI.

Rafiki's Planet Watch-
    - nothing

Jungleland (Camp Minnie Mickey replacement)-
    would be about Disney's animal stories.
    - Festival of the Lion King. same show.
    - Tarzan's Vine Coaster. A thrilling, outdoor coaster that would go through Tarzan's Jungle.
    - Treehouse Gifts. The exit gift shop of the Tarzan coaster.
    - The Trashed Camp. A restraunt themed to the camp Tarzan's friends trashed in the movie.
    - Critter Canoes. A canoe ride around Discovery Island.
    - Journey into the Jungle Book. A dark ride based on the film.
    - King Lui's Hangout. An outdoor restraunt that would have special show where kids can go wild.
    - Bambi's Forest Seekers. A dark ride, similar to TDL's MI Ride & Go Seek, that would have guest use flash lights and journey through Bambi's Forest.
    - Luis' Jazzin' Bayou Boat. A dark ride, based off of the Princess and the Frog, that would journey through the great moments/songs of the movie.
    - Mama Odie's Tree Boat Restraunt. A restraunt the would be themed to Mama Odie's house, and would serve exclusive themed food and drinks.

Glacier Peak-
    1 of 2 lands that will connect Africa to Jungleland.
    - Artic Voyage. A walk-through attractions where you see polar bears, walrus', killer whales (2-4), and beluga whales.
    - Penguin Playground. An Antartic themed playground area that would have a water area for the summer.
    - Goofy's Ice Aquarium. A "frozen" aquarium where you get to see different kinds of fish, sharks, jellyfish, octopus, and some squids.

Beastly Kingdomme-
    based off of the never built land. The Neverland Files: Beastly Kingdom . The other land connecting Africa with Jungleland, but would be next to Africa.
    - Dragon's Castle. A floorless coaster that would take you through a castle thats ruled by a dragon. You would be traveling with fantasy bats that are there to rob the dragon of his riches. Would have a highly detailed queue and a high speed section through the castle.
    - Quest for the Unicorn. A maze where you are seeking to find a mythical unicorn.
    - Fantasia Gardens. A musical boat ride through Fantasia.

Epcot:

Future World-
    - Discovery Mountain. A replacement for Journey into Imagination (possibly Captain EO if space is needed). Would basicly be a renamed Space Mountain: Mission 2.

Arabian Coast-
    a new pavilion for the World Showcase. Would be between the Canada and UK pavilions, and like DisneySea's land.
    - Arabian Flights. A suspended dark ride themed to Aladdin.
    - Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. A clone of the boat ride in DisneySea.
    - Abu's Bazaar. A chain of shops in front of the Sultan's Castle (the enterance to Arabian Flights).
    - Jasmine's Garden View. A restraunt themed to Jasmine's Garden.

• Banned User

Re: Armchair Imagineering: Walt Disney World Expansion

I don't like these ideas.

I just don't. I don't think they benefit the park in anyway, as for the majority of these either a) ruin the park thematically, b) are not good additions, or c) are ripped from another park, plopped in WDW to make WDW even more of a clone dumping ground.

I don't have the time to write out why each idea is bad, but these just don't make sense most of the time. Jungleland for Animal Kingdom? What? Before posting do you look at a park see how it thematically fits together. For Animal Kingdom, the main attraction based lands are based on continents, and non-existant animals. So why would you build the generic, Jungleland? That has conflicting themes with the attractions themselves. Bambi doesn't take place in a jungle, Mama Odie is not in a jungle. These are all just shoe-horned in movie tie ins.

Discovery Mountain is based off of the visions of tomorrow from the turn of the century, such as Jules Verne. The whole concept behind the land from Disneyland Paris is completely different from Future Showcase which is suppose to be a realistic vision of tomorrow. Plus, you even bring in the lesser version of the attraction.

World Showcase is based off of all the various countries of the world and then we have "Arabian Coast". Not "Saudi Arabia Pavillion" or anything like that, just plopped all the Arabian countries together and threw in some characters and called it a pavillion.

Bumber boats....in a Disney Park....seriously? Is WDW your local fun center? I don't think so.

How is riding a train through the Kilamanjaro Safari area either better, or from a different perspective? They're both ground level!

Pacific Electric Way is just ripped from DCA. Making the two resorts even similar. More (identical or slightly different) clones include Casey Jr, Storybook Canals, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Hyperion Theater, Maleficient in Fan, etc.

Tomorrowland is continued to be a muddled mess with more Pixar attractions despite your plans for expanding the Pixar devoted land in Disney Hollywood Studios.

This doesn't just apply to you, but the masses of new users who just post 15 threads a week: Put some effort and hard thought into an idea. that means pinning down what you consider a great concept that would improve a park while maintaining/improving it's thematic cohesion. Find out what's wrong, and fix it. Don't destroy a park (or whole resort in this case) with a case of "gimme gimme" from the other resorts or "This part of the movie would make a great ride" because that's how we get stuck with half a billion dollar expansion being spent on 1 (IMO lackluster) movie franchise.

Let's see some good ideas folks. Put some thought into it.
    Last edited by Ice101; 08-15-2011 at 09:05 PM.

• Imagination is the Start

"- Monsters Inc. Door Vaulters, a dark suspended rollercoaster, themed to the scene near the end of MI. Would be in the place of the old Millionare building."

Millionaire isnt all there. At least according to wikipedia, which obviously isnt a reliable source. TSM actually uses the millionaire building.

also to comment on Mickey and minnie in the theatre, i dont think thats a very good idea, not only are the moving mouths kinda creepy but from what ive seen over the past year ive lived in Florida and been going to MK some kids barely enjoy seeing life sized versions of mickey and minnie, adding a creepy factor to that i dont think would be a good move at least for the target audience those meet and greets are for.

Imagination is just the start

• Minion

My pet armchair redesign project would be to remove the traffic-jamming Magic Carpets from Adventureland into the expanded Fantasyland, where it's a better fit both thematically and aesthetically. I'd also replace the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh with a clone of TDL's Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and dig out the blueprints and rebuild Mr. Toad's Wild Ride now that there's room for both him and Pooh.

• Future Imagineer

OK, I admit these aren't my best ideas. I just thought, with the recent blow against WDW (WWoHP), that WDW could use some reasuring that they're the best, to some people. How do you end a thread?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    OK, I admit these aren't my best ideas. I just thought, with the recent blow against WDW (WWoHP), that WDW could use some reasuring that they're the best, to some people. How do you end a thread?
    None of these ideas even remotely compete with the beast that is Wizarding World.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    None of these ideas even remotely compete with the beast that is Wizarding World.
    What's the point of trashing someone's ideas? The way I see it, the only people that should be criticizing the ideas of amateurs on a discussion board are actually Imagineers who have designed things in the park, not people who get their jollies out of dishing insults from behind a computer. Posting ideas takes courage, why knock them down?

Also, I love some of your ideas. Obviosuly, there's a lack of money to do all of them right now, but over time I think the addition of aquatic animals and the Excavator into Animal Kingdom is something I'd wanna see happen someday, and Toon Studio Tour and Adventure Through Time sound like very neat, original E-tickets that I think WDW should add sometime in the near future

• I'm a Lutheran

I think that Fantasyland should be generally untouched for now until its huge remodel is done and over with so one can see how much room there is for expansion. I wouldn't mind a Nightmare dark ride somewhere in Hollywood Studios though. Your ideas are good (Some of them I REALLY like) but it does have some things here and there I personally don't agree with. I'm not saying they're bad ideas I'm just saying I would do them differently. Keep up the good work, Right Ear, keep working on your ideas and you'll get better and better every day.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    What's the point of trashing someone's ideas? The way I see it, the only people that should be criticizing the ideas of amateurs on a discussion board are actually Imagineers who have designed things in the park, not people who get their jollies out of dishing insults from behind a computer. Posting ideas takes courage, why knock them down?
    Are you an Imagineer? If an Imagineer is the only one that can criticize one's idea, they should also be the only one's to comment entirely. Believe it or not, "Great idea!" and "Nice job!" helps no one in no way. Criticism creates progress.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    Are you an Imagineer? If an Imagineer is the only one that can criticize one's idea, they should also be the only one's to comment entirely. Believe it or not, "Great idea!" and "Nice job!" helps no one in no way. Criticism creates progress.
    ummmm.....constructive criticism makes progress.your comments do nothing but insult the person they were made for.I've never seen you make a single constructive or progressive post nor have AI seen you concieve any ideas of your own but you love to disagree with other peoples don't you.some of his ideas are good and some need work you see what I did there probably not.

• Minion

Calm down, guys. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I agree 100% with Ice. Criticism creates progress. If someone's ideas are not good, then you should tell them.

There is no need for personal attacks.

• Minion

Jungleland's a pretty bad idea and messily put together idea. Turning Camp Minnie-Mickey into Brownstone Park from the Humphrey Bear shorts on the other hand...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Jungleland's a pretty bad idea and messily put together idea. Turning Camp Minnie-Mickey into Brownstone Park from the Humphrey Bear shorts on the other hand...
    yea I don't like this too much either.its a mix of too many Biomes and environments