Thread: MK late entry?

MK late entry?

After our trip to Disneyland, we're going to Florida to see family. Because we will have just been at Disneyland, we want to go to the Magic Kingdom only to see the Electic Light Parade. So my question is, is there a discounted price for entry after a certain time? And do you know what that price is (and what time)?

• WDW will always be home.

Re: MK late entry?

Well... not really.

There are two late entry tickets - one for after 2pm (for MK, Epcot, DHS, or DAK) and one for after 4pm (for MK, Epcot, or DHS) - but they're only available if you're there for a conference/meeting and you generally have to buy them from the conference/meeting organization or an affiliated ticket seller.

When I was in Orlando for a conference in late May of this year, the after 2pm ticket was available for $71 and the after 4pm ticket was available for $61. You can't park hop with either ticket.

If you're not there with a conference/meeting, unfortunately you'll have to pay for a full day.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the info, though! It's not stopping us from going. And let this be a lesson to those who think "One Disney" is the best way to go. Disney diversity is what's bringing our averaged income family to two parks this year.

A follow-up question... You say that "we want to go to the Magic Kingdom only to see the Electic Light Parade." Are you planning on going into other WDW parks? Cause if so, the most cost-effective thing to do would be to get park hopper tickets and use the bulk of the tickets on the other unique parks that DLR doesn't have, and then just pop into the MK for the Electrical Parade.

Btw, there are quite a few things worth doing in the MK even if you've been to DL. IMHO, WDW has the more impressive Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, and there are several unique attractions worth experiencing such as The Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, the PeopleMover, and Mickey's Philharmagic.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    A follow-up question... You say that "we want to go to the Magic Kingdom only to see the Electic Light Parade." Are you planning on going into other WDW parks? Cause if so, the most cost-effective thing to do would be to get park hopper tickets and use the bulk of the tickets on the other unique parks that DLR doesn't have, and then just pop into the MK for the Electrical Parade.

Btw, there are quite a few things worth doing in the MK even if you've been to DL. IMHO, WDW has the more impressive Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, and there are several unique attractions worth experiencing such as The Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, the PeopleMover, and Mickey's Philharmagic.
    ditto, also most people says winnie the pooh is better, space mountain is completely different, actually all the cloned rides are at least a little if not a lot different.... sure you want to just do the parade? Because if you're paying for the day, you might as well spend the day... just my opinion of course!

(And by the way, I don't think anyone around here is happy about the whole "one Disney" thing)

Oh, be sure to catch the ridiculously awesome fireworks, and that new show on the castle just before the fireworks (someone help me with the name?)

We're still debating what to do about Disney World. Disneyland is home for me. I grew up there, know it really well and want it to be my daughters "home", too. Of course, IMO, the Electric Light Parade is essential Disney and I'm still sad that it's moved (though I'm grateful that it's available for WDW'ers and that it's still accessible for DL'ers in some way). My daughter's only 4 and I don't want her to get TOO confused between the resorts, which is part of why I want to minimize what else we do at WDW.

That said, I'm not unfamiliar with WDW. Before I got pregnant, my husband and I lived, worked and played at WDW for 6-months.... literally. We worked at Rainforest Cafe at AK and lived in a short, converted school bus not far from Downtown Disney. With both of us working full time and no rent to worry about, we had lots of money to play with and WE DID PLAY the whole time! It was awesome. So I'm familiar with WDW and I like it. But, after 5-days at Disneyland and not wanting to confuse my daughter, I wanted to limit our activities there this trip.

But, now, having to pay full price, I'm kind of bumed out and a little unsure of what to do. If it was just me and DD, I'd just pay for the day and only go for the parade, but we'll be there with family (my husbands, obviously) who didn't grow up with Disney and wouldn't understand that course of action. A one-day parkhopper might be the better option. We've been thinking of maybe camping at Ft. Wilderness to make the trip more worthwhile too.

*sigh*

On a separate note, I wonder what that new show on the castle is? I wonder if it's like the new show they've got on IASW at DL? I think it's called "The Magic The Memories and You". Haven't seen it yet but we leave in 3-weeks.

(SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG HERE) I'm afraid there is no such thing as a one-day park hopper They really getcha with those single day tickets. The biggest price per day, and no hopping. They are, of course, trying to get you to come more than one day! There are no two-day tickets either. This is not what you wanted to hear, right?

I wouldn't worry AT ALL about "confusing" your daughter. I understand what you're saying, but one trip to WDW isn't going to mess anything up, assuming you go back to "raising her at Disneyland" after this

Quote Originally Posted by Hoku View Post
    On a separate note, I wonder what that new show on the castle is? I wonder if it's like the new show they've got on IASW at DL? I think it's called "The Magic The Memories and You". Haven't seen it yet but we leave in 3-weeks.
    Yes, that's pretty much exactly what it is, though I've been told the show on IASW at DL is somewhat underwhelming (I have yet to see that myself). The show on the castle at MK is very popular and very impressive - if you make it into the MK, be sure to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    (SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG HERE) I'm afraid there is no such thing as a one-day park hopper They really getcha with those single day tickets. The biggest price per day, and no hopping. They are, of course, trying to get you to come more than one day! There are no two-day tickets either. This is not what you wanted to hear, right?
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that neither of those are true. You can add the park hopper option regardless of the amount of days on your ticket, and WDW does sell two day tickets. Please see Walt Disney World Ticket Store. You may be thinking of buying tickets through discount ticket brokers like Undercover Tourist (highly recommended btw) in which case you can't buy anything lower than three day tickets.
    -Walt Disney

Just checked the WDW website and looks like we can get one day park hoppers for $120 per adult and $114 for DD. I think we'll just do that. And now I have even more reason to go: comparing the IASW vs Cinderella Castle shows. I'm such a dork! Thanks again to you both for your care and ideas!

Well I stand corrected. (thanks for stepping in there, PSUMark) Sorry about that! Actually I was thinking of the Florida resident magic your way tickets, as seen here Florida Resident | Tickets & Passes | Walt Disney World Resort No two-day, though I'm not sure why I thought you couldn't hop on a single day

Again, my apologies, and I'm glad you figured out what you're going to do. Sounds like you're going to spend a full day, enjoy!
    Last edited by lily23; 08-18-2011 at 03:40 AM.