• never late, never early

Romantic dinner and beach trip.

So, I recently got engaged and couldn't be more excited. My fiancé and I have, of course, decided we'll be honeymooning at WDW. I need some help, though. What are some good romantic dinner options? Price isn't a huge factor, but nothing that will cost me my first born. Another question, does anyone visit the beach while at Disney? I know Daytona Beach is roughly an hour away. My fiancé really wants to include a day at the beach in our week and I want to work it in for her. Any info is much appreciated.
    “If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
    -Winnie the Pooh

• WDW will always be home.

Re: Romantic dinner and beach trip.

I'm not much of a beach person myself, but yes Daytona is a little over an hour and a half away. Cocoa Beach would actually be the closest at a little under an hour and a half away. I haven't been myself, but Clearwater Beach on the opposite (west) coast of FL is supposed to be one of the nicest beaches in FL/the USA and is a little under two hours away.

Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian as the premier restaurant at WDW and the only five star restaurant in Central FL is in a class by itself. It also has the reputation of being the most romantic restaurant in WDW. The prix fixe menu is $125 per person (wine pairings an additional $60) and requires formal attire.

The next step down from V&A in terms of dining experience (and price) would be the "Disney Signature" restaurants. Those are, in no particular order:
    • California Grill at the Contemporary Resort
    • Citricos at the Grand Floridian Resort
    • Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian Resort
    • Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
    • Bistro de Paris at Epcot
    • Le Cellier (dinner only) at Epcot
    • Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club
    • Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk
    • The Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios
    • Jiko - The Cooking Place at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

The above are what Disney considers to be the best restaurants at WDW and will charge a premium for. You will usually find better service, more elegant surroundings, more variety and quality in the menu, and a more intimate and romantic setting at the above. I'd recommend taking a look at the menus at Disney World Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort and selecting from among the above based on what kind of food you and your fiance most enjoy.

Four highlights that, IMHO, would provide the most romantic experience are below:
    • California Grill - beautiful view of the sunset over the MK if you time it right
    • Narcoosee's - excellent view of the Seven Seas Lagoon
    • Artist Point - The restaurant itself features beautiful artwork of the American west, and a window seat at the right location will offer a great view of the beautiful landscaping at what is probably Disney's most beautiful and exhaustively detailed resort.
    • Bistro de Paris - IMHO this may be the best all-around Disney dining experience available. Even among Signature restaurants, the service and food here are a cut above, and the location is very intimate, elegant, and romantic. Ask for a window seat for a beautiful view of the World Showcase lagoon, and if you time it right, Illuminations. (Note: This is on the second floor of the France pavilion, not to be confused with Chefs de France on the first floor.)

Among non-Signature table service restaurants, I'd recommend considering the following:
    • San Angel Inn at Epcot - great Mexican and a beautifully themed indoor atmosphere
    • Chefs de France at Epcot - excellent food with great service, but the restaurant environment can be loud and wouldn't be characterized as "intimate"
    • Le Cellier (at lunch) at Epcot - Basically the same as Le Cellier at dinner, but slightly less variety/sophistication in the menu, less elegant place settings, and cheaper prices is why Disney doesn't classify this as "Signature"
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In at Hollywood Studios - This is very kitschy and may be considered tacky so it really depends on your tastes, but this could be considered a "fun romantic" restaurant. Not at all elegant or intimate, and the food is pretty plain, but a fun and nostalgic "date" meal.

You won't necessarily find too many romantic experiences among quick service restaurants (how romantic can fast food be?) but I would like to point out the Columbia Harbour House. In terms of menu selection, it's one of the better quick service restaurants at the MK IMO, but more importantly, it has a somewhat secluded second floor which is not stroller accessible. This means it's generally free of young children and thus a lot calmer, quieter, and more relaxing. The second floor also features a room that forms a "bridge" over the border between Fantasyland and Liberty Square which is a great place to people watch and tends to be even a bit more secluded/quiet/intimate than the rest of the 2nd floor.

As far as romantic non-dining experiences, definitely look into fireworks cruises for the MK or Epcot (which can actually optionally contain dining), or even just strolling on the Polynesian beach during Wishes (especially if your fiance is into beaches). Strolling through World Showcase after Illuminations is also very quiet, beautiful, and romantic.

For more on romantic restaurants, you can check out Best Disney World Restaurants for Romance | the disney food blog
    Last edited by PSUMark; 08-17-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

I agree with all of the afore mentioned choices. Also, if you like the Polenysian flair, Ohana's is family friendly, but with your special someone, can be romantic. Like being in the islands. Also, at the Polenysian Resort, there is a dinner show/luau. With both of these, a nice stroll along the beach hand in hand would be very nice.

I honeymooned there, as well. One of our nicest dinners was Boatright's Dining Hall at the Dixie Landings Resort. (They now call it Port ORleans Riverside). Casual, but nice.

WDW is one of the most popular honeymoon spots in the country - if not the world - so there's romantic spots everywhere. Have a good time and take (and post) lots of pictures.

Thanks for the advice!! I'll be using any given to do more research.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    WDW is one of the most popular honeymoon spots in the country - if not the world - so there's romantic spots everywhere. Have a good time and take (and post) lots of pictures.
    You can count on pictures. I'll be doing my first trip report on this trip. Hopefully with the help of my wife.
    “If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
    -Winnie the Pooh

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with the previous list. You can't really go wrong with any of the signature restaurants. Personally if you're looking for "romance", I would say to pick something at a resort. After a day in the parks, you can go back, change and get ready for your "date". This can help make it more enjoyable. Signature restaurants usually go the extra mile for special celebrations, like Honeymoons so be sure it is notated in your reservation notes with names included (often helps for personalized menus). Go with a good appetite and save up for wine and dessert as the options are great at signature restaurants. The expanded signature wine lists are amazing at each location, unique to the style or region of the restaurant. You will also find this at The Wave, Sanaa, and a few others that aren't signature.

Good luck planning! If you have more questions as you plan, ask!
    Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

You can even have a little Disney cheer during your day the beach. If you go to Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach (same beach just different location). the big difference is that Cocoa Beach charges for parking (except if you park at Ron Jon's) and Cape Canaveral beach parking is free. After a fun day at the beach, go to The Cove at Port Canaveral, they have some great and reasonable seafood restaurants like Milliken's Reef, Rusty's, Fishlips, Grills and others. Then just have an outdoor seat overlooking the water and check the schedule of the Disney Dream, it usually departs around 5:00pm and as goes along the Port Canaveral canal passing the restaurants it starts playing Disney songs with it's ship horn. A lot of people watching and taking photos and waving!

• formerly very helpful

As for beach, I'm not a beach person myself. But maybe she'd prefer spending time at the beach at Typhoon Lagoon or even Blizzard Beach. There's all the water fun, including waves at the wave pools, but you don't have to leave Disneyworld for it.

Thanks again, everyone. Rest assured that all this info is being put to use. I think we've decided to skip the beach and instead do two days at Magic Kingdom.
    -Winnie the Pooh

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

As far as beaches go, personally I recommend spending time on the National Seashore out in titusville. It is pristine, quiet, and a lot less crowded than Cocoa and Daytona. It will also allow you some intimate moments where you can really just be alone with your new wife, and the sounds of crashing waves.

Also while you are out there, you can go alligator spotting in the wildlife areas, and just enjoy the natural beauty that is florida.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by