Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Talking Video of what Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster will look and feel like!!

Just released, check out the video of a model of what it will look like!!

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - YouTube
    <font size=4> </font>

• Program

Re: Video of what Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster will look and feel like!!

Looks good!

• Mouseketeer since 1994

Looks awesome. I'm a bit worried about the banked curves though (I know it's an animation but still)...And in a way it's a Seven Dwarfs version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad XD
    I'm Silver. And I've been a Mouseketeer since 1994!

• Hello Dolly.

Looks like Big Thunder. Even the drop was like the one off the final drop in Thunder. Still looks fun though excited to see it grow.

• Minion

Looks a little like the Casey attraction at Disneyland Paris. I wonder if they are going to put anything out there in the green belts to look at....or if it will be moving too quickly to make it worth the while? I liked the different take on Casey/Paris, but there was a lot of green space that I thought could be used.

• Minion

Looks like fun! I hope the interior scenes are as beautifully executed as the ones in SWSA.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Waiting and Seeing.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Musical Fireman

It really looks like fun. I especially like the ride system with it swinging back and forth talk about reacting with the scene.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" Uncle Walt

• In a Disney World Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    It really looks like fun. I especially like the ride system with it swinging back and forth talk about reacting with the scene.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" Uncle Walt
    I agree. I realize this is more of a concept video on the ride system and the show scenes....Just hope it isnt a concept of the length of the ride. I also hope there is some sort of hommage to snow herself and the evil queen somewhere in the ride. It would be a shame to remove SNSA and not have them be somewhere. (and a grave in the haunted mansion wouldnt cut it )

The walt quote you wrote I almost bought the "Vision" picture when I was there yesterday....So Cool...just want the big one and in a nice frame...!!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    . . . I wonder if they are going to put anything out there in the green belts to look at. . . .
    That would require more money and more imaginative thinking.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I want the Evil Queen/Witch and more show scenes...hopefully this is a wait and see thing, but neutering/removing that element of it entirely wouldn't bode well to me. Hopefully a case of not releasing everything about an attraction (Little Mermaid ride) instead of it being there will be no more 'dark ride' parts than the Dwarves' mine.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• In a Disney World Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I want the Evil Queen/Witch and more show scenes...hopefully this is a wait and see thing, but neutering/removing that element of it entirely wouldn't bode well to me. Hopefully a case of not releasing everything about an attraction (Little Mermaid ride) instead of it being there will be no more 'dark ride' parts than the Dwarves' mine.
    And the Snow Queen is one of the more classic evil characters out there. Her face is clearly the most popular evil queen figures in all of disney history....I think it would be a bad thing if she wasnt recognized!

Just dont let Snow White speak or sing
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DWD Imagineer View Post
    . . . Just dont let Snow White speak or sing
    I thought I was the only one who disliked her voice.

I'd like Pixar to use the same characters from Snow White and even keep their now famous appearances and have the same songs, but create "Show White: The Pixar Edition." The visuals of a movie made in 2012 could be unbelievable. Then make the Pixar versions of Disney's "Pinocchio," "Bambi," etc. After the theatrical run, a DVD release could include both animated versions.

--Tom Sinsky

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who disliked her voice.

I'd like Pixar to use the same characters from Snow White and even keep their now famous appearances and have the same songs, but create "Show White: The Pixar Edition." The visuals of a movie made in 2012 could be unbelievable. Then make the Pixar versions of Disney's "Pinocchio," "Bambi," etc. After the theatrical run, a DVD release could include both animated versions.

--Tom Sinsky
    Pixar is capable of truly beautiful imagery, but there's no improving on the beauty of Snow White, Pinocchio, and Bambi. Do you want a digital Mona Lisa too?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Pixar is capable of truly beautiful imagery, but there's no improving on the beauty of Snow White, Pinocchio, and Bambi. Do you want a digital Mona Lisa too?
    Haven't you seen photos of the Mona Lisa? I have and I've also seen it behind a huge crowd in Paris. Not ideal. Do you think no one should ever have been allowed to make reproductions of the Mona Lisa or make other art using the famous original as a starting point? Not even Gary Larson?!

I didn't suggest burning all prints of the original "Show White." It's endured because of its classic music, characterization, artistry a, yes, cutting-edge technological breakthroughs that amazed crowds in 1937. If it got good reviews, I would like to see a new version. Despite my annoyance at Snow White's voice, they could even keep the original soundtrack, and again, keep the look of Disney's most classic characters. With Pixar I think it would be at worst, a most interesting failure, and that's not bad.

I heard someone claim that it would be impossible to improve on "Casablanca," but if I get to heaven and one of the many movie theaters there is showing "Casablanca," almost exactly the same as the original, but with a 35-year-old Jack Nicholson and a 30-year-old Meryl Streep, I'm going to watch it. It might be interesting. "Casablanca" with JLo and Ben A., nah.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-29-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast