Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MaliBOOMer

Talking There are plans to fix the yeti on Expedition Everest!!

Question are there plans to fix the yeti in expedition everest.

Imagineer: Yes, although it won't be as good as when the attraction opened it will be better than what it is right now.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

Re: There are plans to fix the yeti on Expedition Everest!!

it is really to bad they can't return it to its original glory but anything is better then what they have now so hope their plan works!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Not here to help

That sucks! This proves what Disney thinks of the visitors in WDW. The AA is amazing. It is a waste to make a half***** atempt. BOOOH!
    I hope the entire ride breaks beyond repair after this. To it like it should be done Disney!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I sure hope the Imagineer wasn't talking about disco yeti because disco yeti is uncool.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    That sucks! This proves what Disney thinks of the visitors in WDW. The AA is amazing. It is a waste to make a half***** atempt. BOOOH!
    I hope the entire ride breaks beyond repair after this. To it like it should be done Disney!
    The only way they can completely repair it to it's original glory is if they rip up the entire mountain. There was a thread a few months ago explaining why it couldn't be done very easily.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    The only way they can completely repair it to it's original glory is if they rip up the entire mountain. There was a thread a few months ago explaining why it couldn't be done very easily.
    I know... it would be worth it in the long run. The Yeti is amazing when it works as it should. They could make additions to a ride that in many ways no longer work as it should. The Yeti is just one of the problems.
    Itīs all a waste. Now itīs just an average coaster in a nice package. The Yeti is a symbol of what is going on in Disney today.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 08-20-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I know... it would be worth it in the long run. The Yeti is amazing when it works as it should. They could make additions to a ride that in many ways no longer work as it should. The Yeti is just one of the problems. Itīs all a waste. Now itīs just an average coaster in a nice package. The Yeti is a symbol of what is going on in Disney today.
    I agree 100%! Disney is letting too many things slip, not getting their priorities straight, etc...
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

I understand that they can't get all the movement back, but we need some. Blinking lights and yeti don't cut it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Shubisha

I'm sure they've had "plans" to fix it for a long time now the real question is when can we expect them to cough the money up to do it.

Y'all complain about the Yeti too much. Yeah, it sucks that it doesn't work and it's a huge waste and I'd like for them to get it working again too, but ripping up the entire mountain over an AA? That's just ridiculous. The ride is still great without it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I'm sure they've had "plans" to fix it for a long time now the real question is when can we expect them to cough the money up to do it.
    This is what I've been thinking for a long time...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

If you can't fix the existing one without ripping out the mountain.....

Why not just imagineer a brand-new one with updated functionality and the ability to be installed in the space left after pulling out *what you can* of the old one?

• Forgotten Spirit

What happened to being happy they are fixing it?
    I myself do not find it feasible to tear up the entirety of the mountain to fix the animatronic.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    What happened to being happy they are fixing it?
    I myself do not find it feasible to tear up the entirety of the mountain to fix the animatronic.
    This! I'm very happy they ARE going to do something about it! The ride as-is is fantastic, but if the Yeti could move, that would make it that much more special.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Exactly. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Y'all complain about the Yeti too much. Yeah, it sucks that it doesn't work and it's a huge waste and I'd like for them to get it working again too, but ripping up the entire mountain over an AA? That's just ridiculous. The ride is still great without it.
    No. Disney lets effects slip too much. It used to be the case that if a single animatronic went down on PotC or HM, the entire ride would be closed until it could be fixed because it's bad show to allow guests to see a non-functional animatronic. This was true on PotC or HM which have well over 100 animatronics between them.

Everest - which has one absolutely incredible, show-stopping animatronic that WDI still brags is the most advanced animatronic ever built in their orientation video - has been in full operation for years despite the fact that that animatronic doesn't move. That animatronic is the show-stopping climax of the attraction, and it's broken. The fact is that TDO cares nothing about quality of show, is unwilling to invest the necessary funds to maintain/repair its existing attractions/infrastructure, and has the same opinion of its guests that Rizzo the Rat does.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast