Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

The SparksofInspiration blog has the only piece of the Muppet Studios area concept art I've seen (apart from the Great Muppet Movie Ride pieces).

Looks great:
    Sparks of Inspiration: A Spark of Inspiration-- The Muppet Studios

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    ON a side note: I recently pruchased Muppets: The Green Album. It is highly recommended to any Muppet fan out there!
    Agree 100%

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Except Touchstone is entirely owned by Disney. And looking at Mickey's Toontown, you don't necessarily need the Warner properties to do a Roger Rabbit area.
    Oh good to know! it must have been a problem with one of the other production companies then as i recall that has been the main reason no roger rabbit advancement in the parks has been made. there were two others that received top billing over touchstone and the un-credited Disney.

Also with the Warner characters, they may not be needed per say but they really add to the experience. where else would you ever see daffy duck vs. donald duck on dueling pianos .

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Oh good to know! it must have been a problem with one of the other production companies then as i recall that has been the main reason no roger rabbit advancement in the parks has been made. there were two others that received top billing over touchstone and the un-credited Disney.

Also with the Warner characters, they may not be needed per say but they really add to the experience. where else would you ever see daffy duck vs. donald duck on dueling pianos .
    The whole Rodger Rabbit/Disney issue is with the writer of the original book Who Censored Rodger Rabbit.​ It's been an ongoing ugly battle.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• In a Disney World Daze...

Its a shame because it was such a great movie!

So back to the muppets. Wouldnt it be awesome if they added the Muppets to Epcot? Stay with me before the fires burn my face off!

WOL Pavillion...Its empty, used for convention or food and wine festival activities....yes the park needs something like that, but i think its time to build something for those events.

What if the muppets gave us the future of the world, in a VERY obscure and wierd way. Thats what the muppets do. How funny would it be if you were on a great new Omnimover expereience going form scene to scene about what they think the future would hold. Miss Piggy of course would be president and you would have segments of rule under her. Dr bunsons future lab, Kermit saying the future is green getting back to his back swamp roots, Janice telling those in the rat race to chill out ...

and so on..

I am hesitant to grant an entire area or "land" devoted to one topic. WDW had 4 parks and instead of building an entire area for one media concept spreading them out in the other parks would be far better. This would also attract people to staying on the property longer and visiting all the parks rather than just one.

With the Harry Poter land openeing up in universal it seems like everyone wants to copy that. That area is awesome no doubt. But the movies are about done, the books are all told and who knows how long the novelty will stay alive and that the next big thing wont blow it out of the water. Devoting an entire land on one specific thing could be VERY costly...

The muppets deserve to come back into the spotlight. They are fun, they were edgy, they were appealing to children and adults (something disney always strives for), and are timeless. Unfortunately they have been out of the spotlight for quite some time and with the new movie I think its time to rethink the Muppet Show for television. Adults who grew up with it will probably tune In and get their kids involved.

I do think its time for the muppets to be dusted off and spotlit as much as possible!
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

Aint gonna happen. (this coming from someone with Animal, Kermit and Dr Teeth tattoos).

Disney isn't even bothering to upgrade The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Treasure Island or Muppet Christmas Carol on Blu Ray (and they still haven't bothered releasing the last 2 seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD).

I think the most we can hope for is a short term Meet and Greet with Kermit and Piggy.

Now's a good time to dust off the plans for anything and everything at that sorry excuse for a theme park.

Personally, I'd like to see them completely refurbish "The Great Movie Ride", replacing it all with Muppetized scenes from the movies (they could even use the same scenery that's already there - just replace those (imho) sub-par animations with Muppets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12