•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Post Residents and Guests of Golden Oak Are Now Part of Extra Magic Hours

Effective immediately, residents and guests of Golden Oak now have Extra Magic Hours access. Not much else to say on this one.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Residents and Guests of Golden Oak Are Now Part of Extra Magic Hours

except... whhhhat? lol Must be nice to be rich.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• All-American

Oh boy. More reasons for 99% of WDW visitors to love the Golden Oak idea. Longer EMH lines

• Lurker No More!

I wish Celebration also had EMH access.
    ABOMIBOT
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Personal Site ABOMIBOT.com | Professional Site Playhead.com | Follow My Tweets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

This will have a very minimal impact on the parks at all. There's no reason for them not to be granted that level of access.

• WDW will always be home.

This has been known since at least early June. Apparently they're having difficulty selling and tried to make it more enticing. I think the bigger problem is not lack of benefits, but the lack of intersection between the multimillionaire and Disney fanatic crowds. Will be interesting to track this project as it progresses.

There's also been a lot of rumors lately about WDW phasing out EMH, the reduced monorail hours and lack of evening EMH at DAK being the first step in that process. I'll be interested to see how long this "incentive" lasts...
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    This has been known since at least early June. Apparently they're having difficulty selling and tried to make it more enticing. I think the bigger problem is not lack of benefits, but the lack of intersection between the multimillionaire and Disney fanatic crowds. Will be interesting to track this project as it progresses.

There's also been a lot of rumors lately about WDW phasing out EMH, the reduced monorail hours and lack of evening EMH at DAK being the first step in that process. I'll be interested to see how long this "incentive" lasts...
    There is a lot of steam behind this right now. The idea of adding other value opportunities for hotel guests. Like priority FastPasses dinning ect, that won't incur the overhead cost that EMH costs.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Huh? What overhead? EMH saves money, it does not cost money. Although I am all for getting rid of evening EMH altogether, EMH is not a cost to the park operations. Without EMH, hours at the parks will be extended daily... IE Magic Kingdom will be open until 12am every night of the summer, Epcot & DHS would stay open until 10pm every night of the summer... With EMH, daily hours were cut in exchange for one of the 4 parks being open an extra 3 hours 1-2 nights a week. Unless Disney thinks they can get away with just cutting EMH and not restoring the correct hours (this would be a mistake), there is no way this would save money.
    -Bill

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Huh? What overhead? EMH saves money, it does not cost money. Although I am all for getting rid of evening EMH altogether, EMH is not a cost to the park operations. Without EMH, hours at the parks will be extended daily... IE Magic Kingdom will be open until 12am every night of the summer, Epcot & DHS would stay open until 10pm every night of the summer... With EMH, daily hours were cut in exchange for one of the 4 parks being open an extra 3 hours 1-2 nights a week. Unless Disney thinks they can get away with just cutting EMH and not restoring the correct hours (this would be a mistake), there is no way this would save money.
    They could just get rid of the EMH portion of EMH. Still close all the parks early and leave 1 open longer but made it open to everyone so they still get more misc sales since they were running most of the rides already anyways.

<b> golf </b>

Crude. Ignore this comment. I would delete it but I don't know how.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    They could just get rid of the EMH portion of EMH. Still close all the parks early and leave 1 open longer but made it open to everyone so they still get more misc sales since they were running most of the rides already anyways.
    If you don't leave at least two parks open later nightly, crowds get insane. The reason you can do one with EMH is because it is limited access. If you closed all the other parks early, say 8, and only Epcot was open until 11... well, Epcot would be packed miserably... though I feel like there is a detail I'm overlooking here...
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If you don't leave at least two parks open later nightly, crowds get insane. The reason you can do one with EMH is because it is limited access. If you closed all the other parks early, say 8, and only Epcot was open until 11... well, Epcot would be packed miserably... though I feel like there is a detail I'm overlooking here...
    But if you close all the parks between 7pm - 9pm then no problem... ta da! lol

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yeah, that's right, close the parks early and everyone can go party at Pleasure Isla... oh wait.
    -Bill