• former CM

Question A new haunted mansion for the studios

If the new Haunted Mansion movie has enough original creative ideas unrelated to the ride in Liberty Square, how about a new E-ticket haunted mansion in the Studios park at WDW?
    Call it the _____Mansion (Gracie?) named after the family that owns the house.

• In a Disney World Daze...

Re: A new haunted mansion for the studios

I Doubt they would ever do that. To distract from the huge draw that is the mansion? Its ride capacity is enough to tell you when it goes on a wait that they dont need something to distract from this attraction. I would rather they extend the current attraction......but not sure how that would work with a lengthy refurb...

If this was the case I could see them doing a refurb like pirates and added to a scene here and there.

I wouldnt mind them retheming the endless staircase room again (yes I was there for the spiderweb...groan). That room could use another change without compromising the house....

If they do another haunted sort of ride it also wouldnt fit in DHS because i think HTH fits that bill nicely...

Epcot could use a spooky ride it may even boost its attendance...but where would it go? What country is in epcot that a haunted house might fit in? That would be my first guess....Germany is the first place to come to mind because of all their spooky casltes....but even still Im not sure it would fit. Over in Future World if they had one it would have to be in the future....and I think an Aliens ride might work better...or even remake Alien Encounter near Mission Space and this one start turning all of the future world pavillions into lands instead of lone buildings.....the buildings would just be the entrance to those lands and be their icon...

Animal Kingom....This one I could see a new haunted house with nods from the movie. A small land devoted to spooky forests etc....and simplly put, Sleepy Hollow. Perfect place to put something like this and use some of the original aspects that might be in the new movie and use older unused concepts from icabod crane....as well as appease the Toadies that saw the toad ride removed from fantasy land, after all the two characters were in the same storyline at some point. It could even get large enough to host halloween aspects.....However....the animals. Disney is closes this park usually at 6pm and you cant even be in there in the dark saying they dont want to disturb the animals....Thus no big fireworks at AK

yet..

Busch gardens hosts late night attractions with animals near by and does a great job at it....they even have VERY late night functions especially during halloween, and no animals seem to being hurt or disturbed by this....

Soooo...perhaps this area to host an attraction like this should be away from the animals in some fashion...

Or mabye its time for an original E-Ticket attraction at AK based on a spooky woods in a haunted setting....Its not Beastly Kingdom, but its a start

Peace love and Disney
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

• Minion

I get the idea that del Toro would be EXTERMELY careful about limiting the number of things he puts in the movie that would be different from the existing Mansions.

Love the idea of a spooky ride in EPCOT. Maybe something based on the stories of E.T.A. Hoffmann for Germany.

• Tomorrow's Child

Isn't the Tower technically the Studio's answer to the Mansion?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Isn't the Tower technically the Studio's answer to the Mansion?
    I know ToT has some great theming,
    but it's not a very loud answer to the great HM, my all-time favorite attraction.

The Studios could handle two scary attractions, in fact it could use something since it is now considered by many to be the 4th best park at Walt Disney World. (I don't think that's too insulting, by the way. It's like being the shortest center in the NBA.)

• MiceChat Partner

I've always thought a haunted villains forest might work well in Animal Kingdom. Sort of like Sleeping Beauty Castle's walk-through, but with different villain scenes.

As a huge fan of Disney villains - I really do think this could be a cool edition to a park that needs more to it.

A mansion at the studios? I'm not too sure about how that would work...unless there was a walk-through/interactive queue built to the Hollywood Tower Hotel (winding through the lobby?)...but that's another topic for another time
    A Live365 Editor's Choice Award Winning Station!
    magic247radio.com | Facebook | Twitter

• Nutty about Disney parks

I was thinking a permanent dark ride version of "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I call it The Ridemare Before Christmas. Har. But I think this would be a great candidate for the Pooh's Hunny Hunt technology where the cars split up, spin around, do unique things other than just run along a track.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I was thinking a permanent dark ride version of "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I call it The Ridemare Before Christmas. Har. But I think this would be a great candidate for the Pooh's Hunny Hunt technology where the cars split up, spin around, do unique things other than just run along a track.
    I'd like to see a dark ride with the Nightmare Before Christmas characters too, though I'd rather it be a new experience rather than a move re-telling (I posted once before about a ride with Jack and Zero touring through all the holiday worlds).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DWD Imagineer View Post
    Busch gardens hosts late night attractions with animals near by and does a great job at it....they even have VERY late night functions especially during halloween, and no animals seem to being hurt or disturbed by this....
    That's only for 2 months during the summer (their Summer Nights promotion... the park is open til 9pm Sun-Thursday and 10pm Fri & Sat) and then for select nights for Howl-O-Scream (it's not every night... just each Thurs-Sat through October). The rest of the year, the park closes at 5 or 6 on weeknights and 7 on weekends.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

What if it was more of a tour through an abandoned soundstage and studio that closed down due to mysterious accidents attributed to the ghost of a late leading man?

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    What if it was more of a tour through an abandoned soundstage and studio that closed down due to mysterious accidents attributed to the ghost of a late leading man?
    Good, seafaring_ghost!

Or the ghost of a deceased director has taken over a studio and designed a ride (heavy on film effects) with "real" ghosts and monsters to provide the ultimate scary experience.

--Tom Sinsky