• In a Disney World Daze...

Alien Encounter..Holiday

Name:  Alien01.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  77.4 KBDisney loves to have some of its attractions be converted to the Holidays...IASW Holiday, HM Holiday...etc

WHy not bring back Alien Encounter for October for Halloween? They could have signs and banners that X-S Tech is in town for a demonstration to teleportation etc....and revert it back to the original show. Have signs outside that it is scary for children and in the spirit of halloween you should consider going to another attraction...

The preshow itself seemed like it was a temporary atraction so the theme would work completely for this. With the addition of the Fantasyland Expansion it would not hurt Disney to add something to MK that would be more for older kids and adults to ride. It might be the an easy change as all they have to change is one character in the preshow, the main creature in the main show, and the signage. Could happen in one night with little labor and have a great sci fi themed holiday show...Heck the rest of it is all programming that is probalby as easy as putting in a USB drive...well not that easy but for disney it might be!

Who Knows...maybe with the way younger people are with shows, especially with vampires and sci fi...it will win out to stitch..perhaps it was just ahead of its time.....granted I was a teenager when I rode this and bought a t-shirt and had immediately after riding this attraaction....It was my favorite atttraction after I rode it...and Only got to experience it twice (both times in the same visit)

What do you think?
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

• Minion

Re: Alien Encounter..Holiday

As much as I would love to see this happen as it is one of my favorite rides. It would be impossible as too much of the ride would have to be changed over for example the main animatronic would have to be totally replaced. thats not something that would happen over night.

moved to its own thread - sorry for the attempted highjacking.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 09-05-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: highjacked post

I thought I did start my own thread...sorry if I didnt
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

• Minion

I love this idea! However, like some said, it might not be do-able, but Disney definitely needs more adult-oriented stuff, ESPECIALLY around Halloween. I always thought it would be cool if around the same time Halloween Horror Nights started up, Disney could turn some of the Pleasure Island clubs into haunted houses, and have an adult-Halloween carry over into the general adult-oriented Pleasure Island. But I guess that will never happen now...

Now thats a great Idea with the closed clubs at PI. Never thought of that!

With alien encounter I am sure the prop still exists...and not much of the show changed when it went to stitch it just seems like moving one large figure is easier than turning an entire attraction into a holiday with every scene modified or changed completely. HM Holiday is almost every scene with props and figures all changed out. One large figure and rebooting the old software and hangning a few signs seems like an easier change than that...

Maybe I was too ambitious with saying it could happen in one night. But certainly easier than changing multiple scenes a a long attaction?

Disney is starting to be too afraid to cater to adults lately that it puzzles me. Why arent they trying to keep the kids interest who are now adults and dont have children? They just seem to keep these events more hidden, casual, and to a minimum....

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.