•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

1/2 Day - Two Parks - Fun Times - Pic Heavy!

A good friend of mine was visiting for the weekend, so after a quick noon meeting, we headed over to make the most of the day at WDW.

Should you like to see all the photos I took from our trip that day, please click here.

After parking at the TTC, we were lucky enough to park within walking distance and we headed over to catch a monorail.

I love the Contemporary, the design, the personal history, I never tire of looking at it.

We arrived to the Magic Kingdom to discover that just in a weeks time they had added the new Halloween decorations. Autumn is my favorite time of year and this got me super excited for the fall season.

After a brief bathroom stop, we headed over to Adventureland to meet up with our friends.

We convened and took in the Tiki show, then proceeded to head to Main Street as my friend wanted to check out the new (to him) Mickey meet n greet.

After a quick run to the car, we headed over to DHS to finish the day.

First attraction of the day! Star Tours of course!

While they were inside riding, I took the opportunity to snap some pics of the exiting store area.

Its a cute store, nicely themed to the movies and of course stocked completely with nothing but Star Wars merchandise. lol

There's a nice bench next to a water fountain that you can sit at while waiting for your party to exit. It was there that I encountered some really sweet CM's and we had a wonderful conversation regarding waiting for your family.

It's a great escape from a hot day with air conditioned seating.

We then decided to grab some dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In, the food was exceptional, the tomato soup tasted WONDERFUL.

Here my friend Matt decided he would try and fill his water bottle with the leftover tea.
    He was a lot more successful than it appears, I promise.

It was getting close to close and our party split up so the thrill seekers could get in a ride or two at the end of Sunset while the more laid back of the group headed over to Pixar Place.

Along the way we ran into Mulch, Sweat and Shears who were performing in front of the sorcerer hat, I have to say I've never seen them before and really enjoyed their performance! They sang some great songs, had the crowd singing along and they really had the energy going.

After their final performance we headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania to get in one last ride, the wait was listed at 90 minutes but we waited "maybe" 20 minutes, I always have this theory that they grossly exaggerated wait times at the end of the night to discourage people from getting in line. Not sure how true it is but they've proven me right on every occasion I've tested the theory.

After getting off the attraction we met up with the rest of our party and decided to check out the meet and greet with Woody/Buzz. My family and I don't see characters much, mainly because my kids think they're "too old" for characters. However, my party convinced us to head in for a visit and I have to say this whole queue is really impressive.

These little standees from the movie are such a cute touch.

Oooooooooooo The Claw!!!!

No one puts my baby in a cage!

She may not seek out characters but clearly she jumps right into it once we get her there.

Duck!

Oh no! Stinky Pete!!

I would never check her at the airport! She would always be a carry on.

Fist Bump? lol

Woody and Jason

The best part of the evening happened about 5 minutes after the park closed. Buzz and Woody came outside and started playing around near the entrance to TSMM. They held a few duels, had some playful fun with each other and it was one of those magical moments you just wouldn't get with a park full of people.

Rabbit ears!

You want to duel?

No cheating Woody!

Aww, he got you!

Last time!

This time Woody got the drop on Buzz but it seems that Buzz had some Matrixy moves to save him! hehe

Posing for photos.

Karate chop action!!

After the two of them left us and the park was officially closed, we headed towards the front very slowly. I snapped a few pics but without a tripod so I apologize for the quality.

Streets of America

I love walking through a park when no ones around, in the case of Streets of America, you really get to hear the ambient noise that they add in to really make you feel like you're in the city it features, like hearing the streetcars screech to a halt in San Francisco. I'd never noticed this before and I must say it made it even more spectacular for me.

Overall I have to say I like the 1/2 days a lot better than a full day, we still got about 6-7 hours in the parks and I'm not exhausted for that 1.5 hour drive home at the end of the night, we will definitely be doing this again!

• formerly very helpful

Re: 1/2 Day - Two Parks - Fun Times - Pic Heavy!

Looks like a lot of fun.

Great report, and I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. Sounds like a fun day!
    Steve Burns
    Burnsland.com - Disney Railroads and more! Home of the Disney Railroads Discussion Board.
    Burnsland Blog - Pictures and new stuff daily!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Mulch, Sweat & Shears is a fun act to catch! I love how they get people who stop to watch involved. I still have an inflatable microphone the singer gave me when he saw me singing along to every song.

• Mostly Harmless.

Looks like you guys had fun! I'll trade ya... you can come here for a half day and I will go to WDW!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^LOL I'll take a Vegas vacation. I haven't played the slots in years!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    ^LOL I'll take a Vegas vacation. I haven't played the slots in years!
    I'm in Afghanistan ATM...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^Aww, well, then I hope we both can be in Vegas. LOL

In the mean time, you can have internet pictures to keep you company.

Great pictures Summer! I love the angles and points of view that you get - you have a great eye for detail. One of my favorite things about the parks are the little details, which you seem to pick-up as well.