Disney college program

Hi ! Im new to this site so hi to all

I wanted to know whats the disney college program
    i know you can work there and something about credits. but i want to know like if you continue your career there or what you study there ? and how long is that program . ? thank you

Re: Disney college program

Disney's College Program is a chance for students to work and learn at one of the most successful business in the world. Depending on what program you choose, Fall, Fall Advantage, Spring, or Spring Advantage, the amount of time you're there varies. The regular fall and spring programs are August to December and January to May respectively. I think Spring Advantage is January to August but I forget what Fall Advantage is.

The program itself is set up in a way where you gain working experience as well as credits that can be transferred back for your school. You work probably around 40 hours a week, and you take 4 classes as well, though I don't know the schedule of the classes or how often you have to go to them. You live in an on-site apartment with I think 4-6 other people. You gain freed admission to the park whenever you're not working and you can also get one guest in free for, I believe, 5 days. There's also 24 hour transportation to off-site malls and grocery stores.

In terms of what happens after the CP, you can continue working there by simply applying as if it was a regular job, but they wouldn't provide housing or transportation to you. The alternative is either returning to the CP again, or applying for the internship programs. The intern programs are a bit more serious as you get far more important jobs that put into more real world situations. Of course if you do well with these, there is a good chance you could apply for a permanent job there and be given the job.

Hope this was informative!

• Characters are my friends

Fall Advantage is May-Jan.

The CP is a great experience. After doing my programs, I was lucky enough to be able to go Fulltime, and I am still working at Disney
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Have you checked out the new website? It's a lot easier to find information on it now that they changed their format. Disney College Program Home | Jobs and Careers

just in case that wasn't enough info, there's a wikipedia style site called WDWIP - Walt Disney World International Programs that has more information and discussion boards so you can talk to other people who've done the CP/ICP/CRP.

but just so you know, it's not run by disney, just some people who did the programs...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

There's already a HUGE thread here on MC about the College Program. Just use the search feature and you'll be able to find it.

It's a great program. I've learned a lot. I know many people from my program that moved onto perminate jobs there.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003