Escape From The Cave Of Wonders

I posted a thread about this idea long ago, but I've since thought about it and have come up with a really coherent way of going about making it. The ride is obviously based on the scene from Aladdin where he and Abu have to escape the Cave during its collapse. Here goes:

The outside of the ride, obviously, is a giant recreation of the head of the Cave of Wonders.

Name:  Cave_of_Wonders.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  14.0 KB

The entrance to the line starts just outside of the mouth of the Cave and as you go through the queue, you come across the same things that Aladdin and Abu saw during their trek to the lamp. The rooms could include:

The Entry Stairwell:

The Treasure Room:

Inner Caverns:

The Lamp Room:

You would board the Carpet where Aladdin, in the film, crosses the stones in the waterway to get to the mountain. The Carpet would gently ride along until you hit the first incline which also serves as the stairwell Aladdin climbs to reach the lamp. As you climb closer to the top the lamp comes into view and maybe have an AA Aladdin speaking the dialogue, "This is it? This what we came all the way down here to-ABU NO!". A booming voice over of the Cave of Wonders hits, "INFIDELS! YOU HAVE TOUCHED THE FORBIDDEN TREASURE! NOW YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!"

Your arrival to the top of the incline coincides with this dialogue where things take a turn for the worse (or in this case, the more exciting ) and the room all of a sudden turns from a cool blue aura to a flaming red one. The coaster begins rolling as you zoom down the mountain similar to the way Aladdin slides down it in the film. You would then follow a similar path to the one Aladdin and the Carpet take, coming back the way you came, but the scenes have turned to complete turmoil and are barely recognizable. You follow a track of ups and downs twists and turns and maybe even a loop de loop or corkscrew.

Eventually you'd end up flying right out of the mouth of the cave where the ride would transition back into a calm one, maybe accompanied by some Genie dialogue, "Thank you for choosing the Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Please don't stand until the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, goodbye. Goodbye now." until the ride has come to an end. The exiting queue could be either the oasis or maybe even the palace as "Friend Like Me" plays over the speakers.

Thanks for reading! Opinions and critiques are welcome and encouraged!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

• Program

Re: Escape From The Cave Of Wonders

This would work fantastically as a Bolliger & Mabillard Wing Coaster or Inverted Coaster.

(To be honest, I'm only suggesting B&M because of my mad crush I have on them because of their recent and upcomming ride they have at my local park.)

I didn't actually think of that! That'd be veryyyy cool! I was thinking more along the lines of a standard coaster car designed to resemble a magic carpet, but a wing coaster could provide an even more immersive experience of flying.

Blog Entries

This has been the one ride that made the most sense to make ever since I first saw the movie, the fact that it has never been done has always left me in wonder.

I've always had the same thought. The entire groundwork of the ride is right there for the taking. Literally all the imagineers would have to do is design the coaster track itself. Everything from the queue to the scenery is right there waiting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    This would work fantastically as a Bolliger & Mabillard Wing Coaster or Inverted Coaster.

(To be honest, I'm only suggesting B&M because of my mad crush I have on them because of their recent and upcomming ride they have at my local park.)
    There building a second coaster in my local amusement park.
    I love their ride systems.

Very nice idea you got there!
    Last edited by Twist1234; 09-24-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Thank you sir. I'd love to see this come to fruition. WDW and WDI need to create a system where you can submit ideas. To be honest, I wouldn't even care about taking credit for it as long as I got to ride it and enjoy it.

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    There building a second coaster in my local amusement park.
    I love there ride systems.

Very nice idea you got there!
    Canada's Wonderland?

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    Canada's Wonderland?
    Yep, went on Behemoth 6 times last time I went. Going there in two weeks. Can't wait to see the new coaster next year.

It's an interesting idea. I'm just curious about where you would put it? I mean, the only Adventureland with the room would be Paris. Maybe HK? I'm not sure. Your thoughts?
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Very interesting question that I didn't previously consider. There is a bit of land they could utilize just to the left after the main entrance of Adventureland they could use:

Anywhere encompassed by the circle really they could use. If you notice there's a small section of land with water on either side. They could use that as an entrance way to the attraction to avoid clogging at the Adventureland entrance. Then the large area of forestation could be used for development. That's all I could come up with hahaha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    Very interesting question that I didn't previously consider. There is a bit of land they could utilize just to the left after the main entrance of Adventureland they could use:

Anywhere encompassed by the circle really they could use. If you notice there's a small section of land with water on either side. They could use that as an entrance way to the attraction to avoid clogging at the Adventureland entrance. Then the large area of forestation could be used for development. That's all I could come up with hahaha
    There's also the expansion pad next to Pirates they were thinking of putting Fire Mountain on that could probably house the attraction.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Totally forgot about that actually. I mean, when it comes down to it, if Disney wanted to do it, they'd find somewhere to put it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

This sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! The only problem is finding a spot for it (oh yeah- and the money needed to build it ).

Thanks! And yes, the two issues are definitely price and location but again, Disney could do it if they really wanted to. I don't mean to toot my own horn here but I think this ride would be fantastic. Any Aladdin and the Cave of Wonder based thrill ride would be excellent.