View Poll Results: What new pavilion would you like to see at Epcot?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russian Pavilion

13 35.14%
  • Spanish Pavilion

2 5.41%
  • Indian Pavilion

5 13.51%
  • Brazilian Pavilion

8 21.62%
  • Korean Pavilion

1 2.70%
  • Australian Pavilion

8 21.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What new pavilion would you like to see at Epcot?

What new pavilion do you would like to see at Epcot? Personally, for myself I think a Russian Pavilion to replace the African sub area between China and Germany.
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 10-02-2011 at 09:10 AM.

• In a Disney World Daze...

Re: What new pavilion would you like to see at Epcot?

I voted for Brazillian. Never been there and think it would be interesting. I also would like to see a Russian area as I think the buildings would be beautiful. Another I would like to see is Africa get its own section and not a bunch of retail kiosks.

Future world aslo needs another something.

By the way, you want to see a Swiss Pavillion but its not in the poll?
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

Quote Originally Posted by DWD Imagineer View Post
    I voted for Brazillian. Never been there and think it would be interesting. I also would like to see a Russian area as I think the buildings would be beautiful. Another I would like to see is Africa get its own section and not a bunch of retail kiosks.

Future world aslo needs another something.

By the way, you want to see a Swiss Pavillion but its not in the poll?
    I changed my mind to a Russian Pavilion since the Swiss Pavilion is not in the poll.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

Voted for a Korean pavilion, as it would round out Asia quite nicely and would help differentiate the "Big 3" cultures (China, Japan, South Korea) from the layperson who doesn't know much about Asia. Plus, I'd rather Disney bring attention to a country that isn't so stereotyped by American standards (Russia, India, and Australia come to mind) and that most people don't really know a whole lot about.

Photo Via jdhilger

For me it was Brazil with India in second. Europe is already covered pretty well in WS with most of our cultures being represented. Whilst Spain would be nice, I think to keep the WORLD part of this area, EPCOT needs other international countries; and this is coming from a European :P

• All-American

I voted Brazil, for a couple of reasons.

1. South America is one of the few major continents without a country in World Showcase, and Brazil is the largest country in S. America.

2. Brazil is one of the largest countries in the world by population (coming in at number 5), and along with India, China, and Russia, is expected to be an economic superpower in the coming decades.

3. Portuguese is one of the most-spoken languages in the world, but it isn't represented anywhere in World Showcase.

4. Besides Morocco and Mexico, World Showcase doesn't have any tropical countries.

5. The country will have a lot of international interest in the next couple years, due to the Olympics being held there in 2016.

6. Lots of national imagery to work off of - rainforests, beautiful scenery, Carnival, cable cars (ride vehicle), Iguazu falls, famous food, the samba... heck, they could even pave the waterfront of the pavilion with the famous Copacabana beach tiles:

For many of the reasons listed above (size, economy, upcoming Olympics, etc.), I think I would pick Russia as my second choice. However, it's still another European country (kind of) and I don't think World Showcase needs more of those.

India and Australia would also be nice in terms of regions of the world not represented in Epcot, but India might feel redundant after effectively having its own entire land at Animal Kingdom, and quite frankly I think Australia might be better represented at AK anyway. Also, and I don't mean to offend the Aussies on here in any way, but once you get past the Sydney Opera House and Glenn Murcutt, I'm not sure Australia has an immediately recognizable architectural style, which to me is one of the most important characteristics of a World Showcase pavilion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Israel was at one time a proposed country. It still deserves a place, especially being such a central part of World for it's historical and religious significance. It's certainly a major part of world affairs today. And just because some radical extremists are posed at it's extermination, makes it even more important that Israel's culture and history be represented.

It's also interesting to point out several countries have had conceptual artwork, and some were even announced to be coming to EPCOT. Among those are Israel, Venezuela, Spain, Switerland, Russia,and equatorial Africa.

Greece's culture and history is unique, and would be a perfect place for Hercules to make his home.

Brazil would be south america's 1st country to be represented in EPCOT, although Peru with Machu Picchu would be interesting, as well. Perhaps a combination of the two countries?

India, the 2nd most populous country in the world certainly deserves a place. and Tah Mahal is obviously one of the most iconic buildings in the country

Egypt also has a unique history, and of course the pyramids and sphinx would be a great addition. In fact, Egypt, with many of it's mythological creatures might be a better fit in Animal Kingdom, perhaps partly in lieu of the missing beastly kingdom. ( although it might be seen as a copy of what busch garden in Tampa st. pete has, or what universal has in the Mummy)

Australia also would be a better candidate for Animal Kingdom.

• Minion

They would all be great. For me it was down to India or Brazil.

India would have amazing food, a tie-in to The Jungle Book, and I'd love to see a replica of the Taj Mahal.

However, I voted for Brazil in the end because the street entertainment would be amazing, and I'd love to see Zé Carioca get some love. Also, they could do an exhibit of "El Grupo's" stay in Brazil, and I'd love to see a rainforest dark ride.

Spain or Brazil. Having been to Spain it's easily my favorite country in the world that I've been to and I've been to quite a few. I'd love to see a Disney version of Plaza Mayor:

Brazil would be awesome too though.

I'd like to see Russia represented. Brazil or Greece would be nice too. Or Egypt.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My choice isn't on the list. I'd like to see a pavilion of The Netherlands.

• In a Disney World Daze...

I would like to see everything that has been suggested to be honest. World showcase may have to snake out at its boarders to future world to make something like that happen.

India sounds interesting though. Lots of great statues and structures that are very unique!
    Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

• Nutty about Disney parks

I prefer countries with cultures and architectures that REALLY stand out.

I guess I could put mine in order of preference (top one most preferred)

Greece
    Russia
    Egypt
    Israel
    India
    Korea
    Denmark
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•   
    • Minion

I went with Russia the architecture and food would be an awesome addition. And Vodka of course Brazil was almost my pick either of those two offer a lot as countries.

• Mkcoastie

I'm going for Russia. I think the architecture would make a perfect addition. I also think Greece would be awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast