• Dreams do come true

Planning Honeymoon to WDW and Cruise, dining plan? transportation?...

My fiance and I are doing WDW and the Disney Cruise next December and I'm trying to figure things out so I can push it to the side. I'm thinking about purchasing the vacation package including the dining plan, I'm not sure if this is a better price in the end since it seems like a $600 difference. I know my fiance will most likely be getting the most expensive item on the menu he tends to do that haha and I like the idea of trading two sit downs for a character dining or something fancy but is it worth it?

The day after we arrive and settle down we will be heading over to IOA to see the Harry Potter park but I'm not sure what is the best means of transportation. We will only be out for that one day and spend the rest at WDW so I'm not sure if renting a car would be right.

We will have four full days to enjoy the parks so we will do one park a day. Is the an order you seem to like better as an experience?

I do know there are free shuttles from the airport to the hotels but what is the best way to get to the port for the cruise? I think disney offers a shuttle for a fee has anyone done this?

Thank you, I know I have a lot of questions. I seem to know a whole lot about DL but have never been to WDW or on any cruise.

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: Planning Honeymoon to WDW and Cruise, dining plan? transportation?...

Congrats to you, I was engaged to be married on the 15th of October and we were going to WDW For a week and then on the Dream Cruise, I hope better of your plans than what happened to mine. Congrats and love every moment you have together, cause you never know when you will lose it.

• Minion

Congratulations!

I liked the convenience of the dining plan, and it got me to try restaurants I otherwise wouldn;t have spent the time and money on. There were three of us in a room at a Moderate resort, so the money thing worked out, too.

• Mkcoastie

CONGRATS! well, first off, where will you be staying? (that could be important in deciding which park to do in what order). in your position, I would definitely do the dining plan. It may seem like a bit up front (an there are definitely those who have issues with it), It is still a great idea if your looking for those romantic meals. WDW has some great restaurants, but as with anything.........they are expensive. The dining plan definitely helps you to experience new restaurants that would otherwise be out of the question due to price. Just make sure you get reservations in advance. I would also recommend looking at dinning options outside the parks. some of the resorts have excellent restaurants. As far as order for the parks (once again, depending on where your staying) on consideration might be crowds. I recommend touring plans for a good crowd calender. you might also want to see which parks are doing extra-magic hours on which days. just remember that parks doing extra magic hours are traditionally busier for the rest of the day. good luck!

• Dreams do come true

Thank you so much, I'm really excited my fiance adopted my love for Disney and he wants a complete disney honeymoon. I do like not worrying about having to wonder how much dinner will be since it will be taken care of for the most part. We will be staying at Pop Century Nov 30- Dec 6th then the cruise from the 6th.

Since we will be arriving on the 30th we wont be going to any parks so that nights sit down can be comined with another nights sit down and we can just do the quick service for our dinner that night. Then on the 1st we will be at universal so we might just do the quick service as breakfast and then push that sit down to another night that way we can enjoy two character dinners or fancy.

I did the math again and its a $520 difference all together and thats about $43 a day per person which I think is good anyways.

Awesome. When I went to WDW and Universal last year, I found that getting a rental car for a week cost me less than just for a weekend. I also ended up using the rental car a lot as WDW transportation was less than reliable. It's also easier to get to DTD with a rental car if you're coming from a theme park.

As for food, my girlfriend and I budgeted $100 a day, and we only broke that budget one day. We did sit-downs for lunch and dinner, packed cliff bars for snacks, and Starbucks like breakfast when in the parks. But I have now discovered Nutella, so I'd buy a loaf of bread and Nutella and make sandwiches for energy food. I'd also pack some Hammer Gel as well.

I found that the discounted room more than made up for the "savings" I expected to receive from a package deal.

But be sure to do all your restaurant reservations in advance. I booked one month before the trip and had some problems.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kaylas View Post
    Thank you so much, I'm really excited my fiance adopted my love for Disney and he wants a complete disney honeymoon. I do like not worrying about having to wonder how much dinner will be since it will be taken care of for the most part. We will be staying at Pop Century Nov 30- Dec 6th then the cruise from the 6th.

Since we will be arriving on the 30th we wont be going to any parks so that nights sit down can be comined with another nights sit down and we can just do the quick service for our dinner that night. Then on the 1st we will be at universal so we might just do the quick service as breakfast and then push that sit down to another night that way we can enjoy two character dinners or fancy.

I did the math again and its a $520 difference all together and thats about $43 a day per person which I think is good anyways.
    If you combine two sit-down credits for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness, they go around and ask for anyone with anniversaries or newlyweds and make a big deal over them. It's really nice. I just read an article about a couple who've been going there on their anniversary every year ever since it opened. They've been married 60 years.

• Dreams do come true

oooww thank you, we're going to be really cheesy and wear shirts that say we're on our honeymoon.