Going to Orlando!

Woo hoo! Found some time to make it down to Orlando January 2nd-January 11th. I'm going back to Islands of Adventure, and of course WDW. Can anyone help me with the best dates to visit WDW? Any closures and such? Any chance Everest will be open before my trip is over?

Much oblidged! It's only my second trip ever to WDW

• I was deleted.

Re: Going to Orlando!

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    Woo hoo! Found some time to make it down to Orlando January 2nd-January 11th. I'm going back to Islands of Adventure, and of course WDW. Can anyone help me with the best dates to visit WDW? Any closures and such? Any chance Everest will be open before my trip is over?

Much oblidged! It's only my second trip ever to WDW
    As of now, no such luck with EE anyway you slice it. The earliest CM previews would be is mid January. I can't exactly help you with park times but they should be listed on www.waltdisneyworld.com. Have fun on your trip!!

Aw, dang. Oh well....

Anyhow, being that I'll be in Orlando from Jan 2 - Jan 11, what days should I go to WDW? I know the marathon might make it more crowded and such, and that Test Track goes down on the 9th.... but if you were going these specific days, exactly what days should I hit each park? (or am I being way too anal?)

I have it on very good authority that Everest will be testing for guests MLK weekend, so I suppose it could be open when you are there. I'd certainly keep checking here.

As to what park to go to on what day ... I always go with what mood strikes me. I usually wind up at Epcot (my fave) more often than not. But if you are staying on property definitely take advantage of the EMH's at night. They are terrific.

• Disney Memory Maker

Everest is doing DVC previews from Jan 26-29, so the chance of it actually being open (in soft openings) is very slim.

Keep in mind that the Country Bear Jamboree is down from the 3rd-7th, Buzz Lightyear closes on Jan 4th, and Test Track & The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe set close on Jan 9th.

Other than that, I agree that if you are on property, take advantage of both the EMH mornings and evenings. Also make sure you are there for the 3 major night shows. Are you getting Park Hoppers or not. If you aren't, than plan around the nights. One final piece of advice...try to do as much before January 8th (on the 8th, MK's and DMGM's hours decrease an hour or 2).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Superbowl Sunday.

I'm serious. Everyone is at home watching the game.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    Superbowl Sunday.

I'm serious. Everyone is at home watching the game.
    usually.. lol

it's hard for me to know janauary... but everyone else does.. lol

Wish Everest AP was in january...