has anyone ever gotten into the WDW college program with a pending application?

i just got an email from the WDW college program thanking me for my interest etc etc and telling me that they were still reviewing my application and qualifications and my application was "pending" and i would know by december 19th 2011. they also told me how competitive the program was and things like that, kind of sounding like i wouldnt get it. i dont think they do this "pending" process to everyone because i know two people who just got in so i was wondering if anyone knows what this could mean, or if i'm reading too far into it or anything hahah.

has anyone ever gotten in with a pending application?

thank you so much for your time

Re: has anyone ever gotten into the WDW college program with a pending application?

I have heard of such a thing happening. I actually have a friend who I met on my CP. He wasn't even given a "pending" status, or wait listed. He just basically didn't know if he was in or not. He received a purple folder an acceptance letter with no role (impossible!) When he contacted the people in casting, they told him he basically didn't "exist" in the system, despite his acceptance letter. He was in the dark right up until a week or so before the program started, and he was thrown into food and beverage last minute.

If you want to, you can call the CP office in casting, but you probably won't get a straight answer. If your top choices of roles were also roles with limited availability (transportation, hospitality, etc.) this could also restrict your acceptance into the program. Just a few things to keep in mind.

Re: has anyone ever gotten into the WDW college program with a pending application?

thank you very much for your help! i've been talking to some other people who are currently "pending" as well and it seems like they've all been calling like crazy and not getting any real answers and idk it seems like pointless calling will just put everyone in recruiting behind so i think i'll wait. maybe after like four weeks if i've heard nothing i'll send a quick email asking if there's anything else i can do to show my enthusiasm and help me get in. it might not help but it couldnt hurt.

thank you so much again

• Nutty about Disney parks

That's funny because I was rather surprised that I got into the program without pending. I feel as if the WDW CP basically accepts anyone that can read, lol. Which role did you sign up for exactly? It could be that they might be filled up for the positions you wanted and are trying to look for a place for you elsewhere.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

i said at least medium interest for all the roles except the life guard one and the one for transportation because i dont have my life saving certificate or my license. i applied the 28th of september which is kind of late so that could be a reason, also where to place me etc etc. i had a really strong application and online interview thingy buuut i was really nervous for the phone interview and i think that's where i screwed up. my theory is they didnt want to straight up reject me but with a lousy phone interview they werent for sure on hiring me so if there's enough room in the end then maybe i'll get hired, but i found a facebook group of over a hundred people for spring 2012 all pending and it's a lovely support team although a little intimidating to know that i'm probably behind all those people lol. all i can do is hope for the best and if not, apply next semester
    oh and congrats on getting accepted!!! that's awesome!

• Golden State of Mind

I applied last Feb. got pended midway through the month, and was accepted into my first choice role end of March.

I could be quick, but it could be a while too, but don't lose faith! It was torture waiting that long, but that purple folder did come.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever