Disney Cast Members: Is it possible to transfer from East coast to West coast?

Hi, I don't know if anybody out there can answer this question, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask anyway...

I'm a seasonal WDW cast member. I've been with the company a little over two years (one year CP, one year CR, presently CT) and have been considering a move out to California (for reasons outside the realm of Disney lol.) I was wondering if there was protocol for putting in transfer requests for DLR?

I was thinking of doing the DLCP in the future, but was told by several other friends at Disney that in order to do a CP at DLR, you have to put in transfer request paperwork before you do a CP. I was curious if ANYONE out there has any incite into transferring to a DLR role from a WDW role.

Is this even possible?

Thanks alot. Sorry if it's kind of a ridiculous question!

• formerly very helpful

Re: Disney Cast Members: Is it possible to transfer from East coast to West coast?

I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but I have a friend who used to work at WDW. He quit, but then got hired at DL a couple years later. He told me that it's fairly easy to get hired at DL if you've already worked at WDW.

• Program

Re: Disney Cast Members: Is it possible to transfer from East coast to West coast?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but I have a friend who used to work at WDW. He quit, but then got hired at DL a couple years later. He told me that it's fairly easy to get hired at DL if you've already worked at WDW.
    Makes sense. They are directly applicable skills.
    It's the equivalent of working at McDonalds and then quitting to work at Burger King, skill wise I mean.

Slightly different procedures, but on the whole... similar enough.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I don't know if the same, but I have some DL friends who transferred from DL to WDW. I believe it may be possible.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

Yes, it is possible. I know individuals who have done it in both directions on different levels; however, the number of and need of seasonal Cast Members at DLR is a lot lower.

Why don't you contact Casting or review transfer options on the internal site?