• disney dreamer

Question EPCOT Character Connection?

Anyone know the scoop on the new character set location at EPCOT, Character Connection? I heard that Disney Characters On Holiday has been abandoned--just wondering about the quality of what's succeeded it ... Pictures would be great! Thanks!
    Genie, I wish for your freedom!

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: EPCOT Character Connection?

Yeah Same
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

I don't have any pics, but its nothing special at this point. The idea of a central character meet and greet at Epcot is simply in a testing phase at this point. After the test (after the holiday period), they will do their survey crunching/cost analysis studies and determine if the new Character Connection is the way to go or if they should just stick to the Holidays around the World bus.

Right now, the Character Connection's themeing consists of a new window dressing/decal over the old Italian restaurant's outside windows. Inside, its just a series of photo areas with characters. Last I saw, they didn't even have simple themed backdrops like many other more permanent meet and greet locations have these days.

Honestly, its nothing special at this point. If they decide to stick with the Character Connection proposal after the test period, I imagine more work will be done to that area in the future.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like the On Holiday bus. People would be curious about what's going onw itht he festive music and all the characters on the bus. It looked like so much fun you couldn't help but follow the bus until it stopped. Indoor meet & greets are nice when the weather isn't cooperative, but I like having photos with characters outdoors in a "natural" setting.

• disney dreamer

was just there in january and this whole thing new location is quite sad! let's bring back DCOH!
    Genie, I wish for your freedom!

I just worked a shift over there recently and they were talking about how management was looking into making the old resturaunt's kitchen into a breakroom. So while Disney is officially saying it's in testing my money says it is permanent. After all Mickey's Birthday Land was meant as only a temporary land and look how long the area has lasted. There is one silver lining though. From what I've heard The Bus will return during the Flower & Garden Festival and during The Food & Wine Festival as both already occupy the building during these events.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I hope they go back to Characters on Holiday...it's much more Epcot to me...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Just wanted to add - the busier Epcot gets, the harder it is to operate the character bus. The walkways of World Showcase are large, but as the Tapestry parades proved, very tight in some points for there to be both foot and vehicle traffic.

Character Connection is really not bad, it's a good use of an otherwise empty space. I don't get why they don't put it in the Odyssey though - which has a stage and used to be for a character meal.

• The one, the only...

I think that the character's on holiday was good. I am sorry that they need to change it.

I believe that putting the characters into a vehicle that moves is a distinction for Epcot that is creative and exciting. Characters on the move...

If a large bus would not work, smaller driven vehicles would work. They would need to have a colorful and creative design. It would be fun to see them driving through the park and then stop for pictures. It could move the character through Epcot, both WS and FW.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!