Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantasmic! to be replaced/ Reworked?????

Sources who shall remain nameless have divulged some details about a new show that shall be replacing Fantasmic! The show is rumored to be called Festival of Fantasy. The show will feature the great song Imagination from the TDS version along with possible upgrades and (hoping) a new dragon. The show apparently will have a twist.
    Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

Re: Fantasmic! to be replaced/ Reworked?????

Fantasmic has had a good, long run and to me at least, it's beginning to feel a bit dated. I'm not sure the entire concept of Mickey fighting off villains on stage will be completely scrapped, but with all the new technology and resources available now, it's not a question of if, but when it will be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmicfan09 View Post
    Sources who shall remain nameless have divulged some details about a new show that shall be replacing Fantasmic! The show is rumored to be called Festival of Fantasy. The show will feature the great song Imagination from the TDS version along with possible upgrades and (hoping) a new dragon. The show apparently will have a twist.
    Last I heard Festival of Fantasy was the rumored new daytime parade for MK. Not a show in replace of Fantasmic.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Having a more unique U.S. show is a good idea. There will be less comparison to the better Disneyland version of Fantasmic.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I'd be sad to see Fantasmic go. I have no plans on watching Fantasmic on my next trip but part of me thinks I should because it could be the last time I can ever see it. Decisions! Decisions!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Partner

This is definitely interesting!

Tune in tomorrow (Monday) at 6am-9am Pacific as we will discuss this topic on Good Morning Disney on MAGIC 24.7!

Be sure to tune us in at MAGIC 24.7 | Your Vacation Superstation!!
    A Live365 Editor's Choice Award Winning Station!
    magic247radio.com | Facebook | Twitter

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I would expect to see Fantasmic! replaced with World of Color before any other show.
    -Bill

• Minion

I find it really odd how so many ridiculous, unfounded, nonsensical rumors have been popping up recently. folks this, for the third time this week is false. All the op did from the looks of things is take the name of the previous rumor about a new MK parade and change it to fit a rumor about Fantasmic. Until I see a rumor that actually has some sort of backing or is from a reputable source, I'm not believe any of this stuff.

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I find it really odd how so many ridiculous, unfounded, nonsensical rumors have been popping up recently. folks this, for the third time this week is false. All the op did from the looks of things is take the name of the previous rumor about a new MK parade and change it to fit a rumor about Fantasmic. Until I see a rumor that actually has some sort of backing or is from a reputable source, I'm not believe any of this stuff.
    I thought it was already established that Fantasmic WAS getting some sort of refurb in the near future?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

According to Martin and Lee on WDWmagic, it WAS planned for Fantasmic to undergo a major refurb. But they claim things have completely changed and the refurb it's getting will just be a basic one due to a budget cut or something, to just patch some non-working things up. Lately apparently, the ending scene where Mickey appears and disappears from the bottom and top of the mountain is not working due to a lift being broken on top of the mountain. He no longer teleports to the top anymore and just stays on the bottom floor (which really kills it for me).

Festival of Fantasy was a rumor being spread by a guy called ThemeParkOne on Twitter. A new daytime parade including all new floats and none recycled (like that ancient castle float). If he's right in this regard, it'll be not because he really knew about it, but because insiders like Lee already said it was a possibility. TPO claims to know top imagineers and heads at the company, and states that he gets insider information. This is his page-

Twitter

Here's where he posted about Festival of Fantasy-

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4658580&postcount=2"]WDWMAGIC.COM Forums - View Single Post - ThemeParkOne- who is it? Real insider or fraud?

His predictions are notorious for being totally wrong unless he's careful to remain so vague that people will either forget or there's a 50/50 chance of something happening (like saying a new attraction announced for a certain park within 6 years lol), or something that has already been confirmed that he just claims to have predicted successfully (like Avatar, which he did NOT predict at all). He was teasing that a load of new rides and attractions would be announced for WDW at D23. None were, he was debunked completely. A couple were somewhat right, due to being vague and hard to debunk. The specific ones about D23 though were totally wrong. You can read about some of his predictions that i listed here, i took them all from his own Twitter page and went through them from several months back-

forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=772751
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 10-25-2011 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Link to non partner site with forums removed per board policy, grave dancing remark removed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    I thought it was already established that Fantasmic WAS getting some sort of refurb in the near future?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Merlin said it all

Although the name does hint at a new daytime parade, there is a big rework of the show coming. It should be announced soon. themeparkone isn't the only person with reliable info.....

No its not me!!!!!
    Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I would expect to see Fantasmic! replaced with World of Color before any other show.
    PERSONALLY speaking I would rather see Illuminations become half WOC half Pyro extravaganza.

While I would like to see a lot of upgrades/replacements/something new to Fantasmic, it just really isn't in the cards right now.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmicfan09 View Post
    Although the name does hint at a new daytime parade, there is a big rework of the show coming. It should be announced soon. themeparkone isn't the only person with reliable info.....

No its not me!!!!!
    TPO isn't a reliable source of info at all, he was debunked completely after the D23 prediction fiasco. A major Fantasmic refurb WAS planned a while back, but real knowledgeable insides such as Lee and Martin over at WDWmagic have confirmed within the past few days that this is no longer the case. According to them, Fantasmic's refurb plan has now been massively scaled back for a simple patchwork on broken elements, and will apparently open much sooner than expected.

This is new info just posted within the past couple of days. Lee and Martin know their stuff and have a proven track record of leaking true info in advance. TPO shows signs of just being some random Disney-fan who grasps at straws. He usually remains vague about his info and give it a long date before anyone even knows about it. Saying something like "new attraction announced within 6 years", which is both vague AND so far away that most people following will forget it when that time frame expires. And it often turns out to be true simply due to inevitability, but it's a prediction anyone can accurately and reasonably make, regardless as to whether they have any inside sources. As i said though, a few months ago TPO slipped up and posted an extensive amount of specifics regarding WDW, and that they'd all be announced at D23. Unfortunately for him, D23 was only a week or two away, came and went, and nothing he said came true.

I can't stress enough that if you're going to listen to insiders, don't listen to ThemeParkOne. It's unfortunate that some people still do. He's playing people to get attention. I'm sorry to post such a long message about this, but his true colors were shown and people need to educate themselves so they don't get taken for a ride by him.

• Minion

As others have said, Festival of Fantasy is the new Magic Kingdom parade and not a replacement for Fantasmic. Steve Davison is working on FoF, which I believe will be announced sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast