View Poll Results: Which meet-n-greet is better?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mickey's Country House (and Judge's Tent) in Toontown Fair

3 20.00%
  • Town Square Theater on Main Street

12 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mickey meet-n-greet preference (at MK)?

Which Mickey Mouse meet-n-greet at the Magic Kingdom do you think is better, Mickey's Country House (and Judge's Tent) at the former Toontown Fair or the Town Square Theater on Main Street?

I really enjoyed the new meet n greet in the town square more than Toon Town. I will miss Toon Town (although I would have preferred Disneyland's) just not the tents meet n greet
    "Maleficent is totally the best Disney villain ever. She nearly brought down a whole kingdom just because she wasn't invited to the baby celebration. Think about that."

• Minion

Re: Mickey meet-n-greet preference (at MK)?

ORWEN: I liked it MUCH better when Mickey and Minnie did their meet 'n greets in Toon Town Fair. It was much more appropriate to have them in an extended Fantasyland type environment. Having them in Town Square just isn't as magical and makes you wonder where they really live, now. When they had their own homes it seemed like they truly lived at the Magic Kingdom. Now they come across like they're a couple of homeless mice who must have to live under a bridge somewhere after the park closes each night.

I vote for the town square. I love the all the magic in the new rooms. I do miss the homes, but not quiet walking away from the experience with the story line from above^.

Am I the only one who misses the days when you could just run into Mickey anywhere? That​ was magical

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't done the new meet & greet yet, so I really can't compare the two from personal experience. However, I will say that I like the photos I've seen of the theming for the new location in Town Square.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I liked it MUCH better when Mickey and Minnie did their meet 'n greets in Toon Town Fair. It was much more appropriate to have them in an extended Fantasyland type environment. Having them in Town Square just isn't as magical and makes you wonder where they really live, now. When they had their own homes it seemed like they truly lived at the Magic Kingdom. Now they come across like they're a couple of homeless mice who must have to live under a bridge somewhere after the park closes each night.
    My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    It's been a rough couple of years for everyone...

• Minion

ORGOCH: Ain't it, though?

ORWEN: And now that Donald Duck doesn't have his houseboat anymore, he's become homeless, too! He's often seen swimming around the Seven Seas Lagoon bobbing for fish and has to take refuge under the docks at night!! It'a a cold, cruel world out there even for Disney characters!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Town Square is a much better location, and is much better equipped to handle the meet & greets.
    -Bill

• Banned User

Count me in as another one who prefers the Town Square Theater as well.

Here's one reason why I'm not particularly fond of the Town Square Theater: namely, location.

What do I mean by this, you ask? Well, it's an awkward position, right inside the park entrance. It's off to the side and I don't think people realize it's there. They're going in or out of the park and they're probably not thinking about doing anything right at that exact moment.

It's like with the Opera House at Disneyland where Mr. Lincoln is (which is in the same general vicinity as the Expo Hall). The location for that show is problematic. People are just walking in or leaving the park and are not thinking about doing attractions at that particular juncture. The hat shop next door actually does more business than the show does. This was why Disneyland tried time and time again to replace the sparsely-attended show, only to face opposition for fans whenever it does that.

So if Mr. Lincoln never did much business, how do they expect Mickey to do any better?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Because Mr. Lincoln can't sign autographs and Mickey isn't dead?
    -Bill

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Because Mr. Lincoln can't sign autographs and Mickey isn't dead?
    hahaha +1

• Minion

ORDDU: Every time my sisters and I have been to the Magic Kingdom, of late, it seems that Mickey's wait time isn't nearly as long as it used to be when he had his own home in Toom Town. It could be that a lot of people still don't know he's not there any longer. So they by-pass him, thinking they'll see him in his former spot which had plenty of room before it was demolished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast