• Epcot

22 46.81%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios

5 10.64%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's your favorite Disney park in the Walt Disney World?

We all have a favorite disney park every around the world, (though I admit I've only been to Disneyland and Disney World) but the question I'd ask everyone on this website is What's your favorite Disney park in Walt Disney World? Feel free to share your comments.

Re: What's your favorite Disney park in the Walt Disney World?

Magic Kingdom definitely. When I was in the CP, I found myself hanging out a lot at Hollywood studios because I love the architecture and atmosphere. The Magic Kingdom is my most favorite though.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

DHS is so densely themed I notice something every time I go. That is the peak of Disney theming for me.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

My favorite park is Epcot, followed by the Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom is and always will be my favorite park. Arriving at the Magic Kingdom monorail stop is the best feeling ever. I don't think I'm ever happier than I am at that moment.

For me its no contest, Epcot all the way. I love the mix of technology and culture. I also love the scale of the place, so grand, magnificent, and different. Epcot is unlike anything else I've ever seen, and I have always been instantly attracted to that. I used to have a saying when I was on my CPs, "All roads lead to Epcot", because on my days off, or even on days I worked (especially when I worked at Epcot) I would start at different parks and resorts, ride a few rides, experience different attractions, but somehow would always end up back at Epcot by the end of the day. I'm sure part of this was because Illuminations is absolutely my favorite night show ever, nothing even comes close as far as I'm concerned. But even if I didn't include that, there was, and still is just something about that park I love.

Honestly, when I enter its gates, I feel like I've come home.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Magic kingdom. I love SM, BTMRR,HM,HOP, Liberty Christmas Shop, Mainstreet, everything.

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Easy, Epcot.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

• MaliBOOMer

DHS because of Toy Story
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Epcot for sure. It's definitely not as great as it used to be and the majority of Future World could use a major overhaul, but I still love it. It's been my favorite park since my first visit in 1987.

• Minion

At one point I would have said EPCOT, hands-down, but Future World isn't as stunning or immersive as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    At one point I would have said EPCOT, hands-down, but Future World isn't as stunning or immersive as it used to be.
    But there are still some areas of interest there, right?

• Metro-Retro Historian

Gather 'round boys and girls and I'll tell you a bit of a story. Sure, I could answer this question in probably three words or less, but this is something that has popped into my mind a few times while at the parks and it's something I've wanted to post about for a while, but the topic never really came up before now. So, if you don't mind a bit of my usual long-winded windiness, I'd like to take you through it.

The story of my favorite Walt Disney World park begins right where it should, in Anaheim, California. More specifically on the outdoor section of It's a Small World back when I was about 12 or 13 years old. I've lived on the east coast my entire life so Walt Disney World has always been my home resort. I still like Disneyland and even then enjoyed the differences between it and The Magic Kingdom, but the younger park has always been more familiar to me. On this particular day in California It's A Small World was either our second or third ride of the day, and the first of the big animatronic E-tickets. While I was amazed by the facade, topiaries and the simple fact that the ride had an outdoor section. I remember asking my parents if we could go to Disney after this ride. When I asked it, I wasn't quite sure what I meant. I thought maybe I wanted to go on Pirates of the Caribbean or one of the Fantasyland dark rides. A little later in the day, probably when we were around Tomorrowland, I realized what I was really missing were the Future World rides at EPCOT Center.

I'm only a couple years older than EPCOT so, as long as I've been going to Walt Disney World it's been there and since, the Florida resort is by far the one I've visited most often, I've sort of taken it for granted as part of the Disney Theme Park experience. Going to a Disneyland and thus not having access to Epcot Center made me realize how much I missed it. It was at this point that I figured out which park was my favorite. There's really no way to test this in the other direction. It's not like there are any Disney resorts that have an EPCOT but no Magic Kingdom, but I think the fact that there is only one EPCOT Center makes me like it even more.

If only the story could end there. I suppose I could, then make the second part a sequel and film it in 3D so I can charge $20 a ticket then act like it's a really great story when really the super-inflated price is what's really responsible for it setting box office records. Sequels are rarely as good as the original though so I'll just get it all out now.

In 2009 I was in visiting the Magic Kingdom with my girlfriend. We were getting food at Pinocchio's Village Haus because I love eating at the tables overlooking It's a Small World (boy that ride is popping up in this story a lot) and she has an unnatural obsession with Disney pizza. While she held the table I ordered the food and while waiting for the order to be processed the cast member who took my order asked me what my favorite park was. I nearly blurted out EPCOT because that had long been my favorite and the response was so automatic that I hardly had to think before arriving at that answer. I did think though, and in that brief second of hesitation I realized that all the things I missed when I was at Disneyland all those years ago, all the things that made EPCOT my favorite park aren't there anymore, so I had to tell the cast member the only real honest answer I could give. I said, "This one."
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• formerly very helpful

Quite a story, Dapper Dan. Thanks for sharing.
    Me? Although it's changed quite a bit, and I really, really miss parts of it terribly, I'd say my favorite is EPCOT.
    I live here in California. (I don't even get to Disneyland as often as I'd like.) But to get to EPCOT is really a rare, rare experience for me. One trip every few years or so, if I'm lucky. That helps increase the mystique that EPCOT (and all of WDW) holds for me. I also love that there is no other version of EPCOT a nywhere in the world. It's one of a kind. And I like it that way.

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

I LOVE Animal Kingdom. I didn't say Magic Kingdom, because I visit DisneyLAND fairly regularly - Animal Kingdom is something WDW has that I can't get at home. Plus, being a biologist helps.
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast