Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115

    My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    I have an idea for a brand new Disney's Hollywood Studios, feel free to comment and suggest ideas.

    Anyway here's my ideas,

    DISNEY's HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS:

    1. HOLLYWOOD STREET:


    Overview: This land will be themed to more of a Golden Age of Hollywood themed street and the Sorcerer's hat will be removed. The area will annex the ABC Commissary, and Sci-Fi dine in theater areas of the park. Also this land will receive 2 brand new attractions and One Man's Dream will be re-located here.

    Attractions:
    1. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream: A exhibit/show
    2. The Great Movie Ride: A dark ride
    3. Disney Film Festival Presents Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Comedy Mash: A interactive 3D show
    4. Red Car Trollies: A transportation ride

    Shops:
    1. Disney Prop Store
    2. Crossroads of the World
    3. Kodak Film & Co.
    4. The Stars of Hollywood
    5. Mickey's Hollywood Gallery
    6. Donald's Gas & Co.
    7. Goofy's Tinstletown Treat Shop

    Dinning:
    1. Walt's Drive In
    2. Oswald's Soda Fountain
    3. Hollywood Cafe
    4. Glitz and Glamour
    5. The Brown Derby
    6. ABC Commissary
    7. Sci-Fi Dine in Theater



    2. LUCAS-FILM LAND:


    Overview: This land will replace Echo Lake and will contain a Star Wars (Tatooine, Dagobah, and Endor) and Indiana Jones sub areas.

    Attractions:
    1. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: A motion simulator attraction
    FP
    2. Ewok Village: A walk-through attraction
    3. Uncle Owen's Moisture Farm: A interactive walk-through attraction
    4. Yoda's Hut: a interactive attraction
    5. Jedi Training Academy: A interactive show
    6. Indiana Jones Adventure: A EMV ride
    FP
    7. The Young Indiana Jones Stunt Show: A special effects show
    8. The Temple of the Holy Grail: A roller coaster ride
    FP

    Shops:
    1. Mos Eisley Traders
    2. Imperial Outpost
    3. Indiana Jones Gallery
    4. Sallah's Truck of Gifts

    Dinning:
    1. Mos Eisley Cantina
    2. Wickett's Snack Hut
    3. Indiana Jones Adventure Cafe


    3. MUPPET LAND:


    Overview:
    This land will be themed to Jim Henson's The Muppets and will replace Streets of America.

    Attractions:
    1. Muppet Vision 4D: A indoor 3D special effects show
    2. Kermit's Movie Adventure: A dark ride
    FP
    3. The Great Muppet Movie Show: A Audio Animatronic show
    4. Fozzie Bear's Movie Spinners: A aerial carousel ride
    5. Mrs. Piggy's Movie Set: A meet and greet attraction
    6. Gonzo's Crazy Stunt Show: A live special effects show

    Shops:
    1. Mayhem Emporium
    2. Rizzo's Shop
    3. Sam the Eagle's Americana Merchandise
    4. Crazy Muppet Contractions

    Dinning:
    1. Gonzo's Pizzeria
    2. Dr. Honeydew's Cafeteria
    3. Swedish Chef's Bakery



    4. PIXAR STUDIOS:


    Overview: This land will receive a brand new Toy Story Sub-land along with new rides, that will replace the Backlot Tour. Also a Monster's Inc coaster will replace both One Man's Dream and the former Narnia attraction.

    Attractions:
    1. Rc Racer: A steel shuttle coaster
    2. Toy Solider Parachute Drop: A parachute drop attraction
    3. Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin: A caterpillar style attraction
    4. Green Army Meet and Play: A meet and greet attraction
    5. Ratatouille: Remy's Adventure: A dark ride
    6. Cars: Radiator Springs Racers: A enclosed high speed simulated ride
    FP SR
    7. Wall-e's Journey: A dark ride
    8. Toy Story Midway Mania: A 3D shooter dark ride FP
    9. Monster's Inc: The Search for Boo: A indoor roller coaster ride
    FP

    Shops:
    1. Andy's Wagon
    2. Midway Merchandise
    3. Walle's Expo
    4. Mike's Garage

    Dinning:
    1. Jesse's Snack Roundup
    2. World of Pixar Cafe
    3. Le Ratatouille


    5. TOON BACKLOT:


    Overview: This land will be themed to a place where Disney Toons work.

    Attractions:
    1. Steamboat Wille: A dark ride
    2. Goofy's Making of Movies: A indoor roller coaster ride
    FP
    3. The Magic of Disney Animation: A exhibit/interactive attraction
    4. Chip and Dale's Cartoon Experience: A interactive attraction
    5. Toontown Troopers: A trackless dark ride
    6. Donald's Crime: A dark ride
    7. Mickey's Studio Trailer: A meet and greet attraction
    8. Minnie's Studio Trailer: A meet and greet attraction

    Shops:
    1. Animation Gallery
    2. Mickey's Studio Merchandise
    3. Donald's Set Shop
    4. The Sorcerer's Hat

    Dinning:
    1. Animator's Plate
    2. Snack Corner
    3. Daisy's Snack Cart


    6. SUNSET BOULEVARD: Remains unchanged except for the additions of Tangled Show to replace Beauty and the Beast, and a red car trolly system.
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 11-30-2011 at 01:24 PM.

  2. #2

    • Musical Fireman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Already down on ol' Main Street
    Posts
    468

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Seeing as the Sorcerers hat is in front of the Great Movie Ride I don't like One Mans Dream to e Put in front of the Chinese Theater maybe remove a few store On Hollywood boulevard, save yours of course. All the surrounding streets could have its own Pacific Electric Trolley Car system since you have Roger. Check out my ride ToonTown Troopers its on the site AND NO ONE SAW IT!!! Its really cool and would have a real impact on attendance. Any who THIS IS GENIUS maybe rename the park Disney Brothers Studios in memory of Uncle Walt's first animation studio. Just remember to acknowledge Roy Disney.




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    Seeing as the Sorcerers hat is in front of the Great Movie Ride I don't like One Mans Dream to e Put in front of the Chinese Theater maybe remove a few store On Hollywood boulevard, save yours of course. All the surrounding streets could have its own Pacific Electric Trolley Car system since you have Roger. Check out my ride ToonTown Troopers its on the site AND NO ONE SAW IT!!! Its really cool and would have a real impact on attendance. Any who THIS IS GENIUS maybe rename the park Disney Brothers Studios in memory of Uncle Walt's first animation studio. Just remember to acknowledge Roy Disney.
    One man's dream won't be in front of the Great Movie Ride. And I'll definitely add the red car trolly system and your Toontown Troopers idea.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    200

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    These are all really good ideas, especially the revamp of Echo Lake as Lucas Film Studios. I've always thought the theming in that part of the park wasn't very good.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    These are all really good ideas, especially the revamp of Echo Lake as Lucas Film Studios. I've always thought the theming in that part of the park wasn't very good.
    Thanks for the compliments.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Nice suggestions.

    Mine are pretty simple:

    1) move the mouse hat, so that it doesn't kill theme. I remembered walking to the park last year and wanting to show my gf how cool the theatre looked, and bam, there was this big hat in the way.

    2) add more pixar based attractions

    That's it. Ideally, DHS would just copy IOA and have lands like the OP suggests.
    Last edited by thedude76; 11-25-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: typo

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    Nice suggestions.

    Mine are pretty simple:

    1) move the mouse hat, so that it doesn't kill theme. I remembered walking to the park last and wanting to show my gf how cool the theatre looked, and bam, there was this big hat in the way.

    2) add more pixar based attractions

    That's it. Ideally, DHS would just copy IOA and have lands like the OP suggests.
    Actually the Sorcerer's Hat could be moved to the Toon Backlot area and still be a icon of the park.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
    Actually the Sorcerer's Hat could be moved to the Toon Backlot area and still be a icon of the park.
    I like.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    625

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    I don't know if any of this would be feasible in actuality. You can't really expand the park beyond its borders too much, certainly not without butting up against the freeway. What about that?

    I'm also not liking the idea of just giving everything a "studio backlot" theme. That sounds too much like a cop-out, and too much like Universal to boot. I'm also not liking the idea of Toon Studios, again for the reason that it might be just nothing but huge soundstages to house where the attractions are. Basically, something like the Backlot Tour, which no one really cares for anymore. And why did you have to go and renamed Hollywood Boulevard and all the shops and such?

    Although I do like the idea of the removal/relocation of the Sorcerer's Hat.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

  10. #10

    • Musical Fireman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Already down on ol' Main Street
    Posts
    468

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    The whole park is already themed to Hollywood backlot's so I guess you don't like the park in general apologies if I said something wrong. The idea I had for my ToonTown Troopers idea was i to be set in an old abandoned gag factory where they are making huge amounts of "DIP". I get what you are saying about the expansion borders but, why don;t you like the removal of the sorcerer's hat it only detracts the areas theme like the wand on SPACE SHIP EARTH.




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    625

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    I get what you are saying about the expansion borders but, why don;t you like the removal of the sorcerer's hat it only detracts the areas theme like the wand on SPACE SHIP EARTH.
    No, I said I do like the removal of the Sorcerer's Hat. And I just think that the Toon area deserves better than just a studio backlot theme, one that may just seem to be a literal studio lot, albeit Toon-like, but still a lot.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    I don't know if any of this would be feasible in actuality. You can't really expand the park beyond its borders too much, certainly not without butting up against the freeway. What about that?

    I'm also not liking the idea of just giving everything a "studio backlot" theme. That sounds too much like a cop-out, and too much like Universal to boot. I'm also not liking the idea of Toon Studios, again for the reason that it might be just nothing but huge soundstages to house where the attractions are. Basically, something like the Backlot Tour, which no one really cares for anymore. And why did you have to go and renamed Hollywood Boulevard and all the shops and such?

    Although I do like the idea of the removal/relocation of the Sorcerer's Hat.
    The whole point of this idea was to make it have more attractions and better theming. And the Lucas-Film land would replace the entire Echo Lake area of DHS, also the entrance area to the park would be placed under the replica of the Pan Pacific aquarium sign replica. Which would allow the Hollywood Blvd to be more like Main Street and expanded with a new name of, "Hollywood Street".

  13. #13

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,789

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Wow looks as good as a presentation you would be showing the Disney Executives, Great Job

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    I would love to see a more cohesive story told in DHS. Right now it is just a hodgepodge of ideas that became attractions.

    I would love to see the mini "studios" concept fully fleshed out. Have a Pixar Studio, Lucas Film Studio, Muppets Studio, and Toon Studio, along with sunset boulevard, and hollywood boulevard.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    625

    Re: My idea for a brand New Disney's Hollywood Studios

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
    The whole point of this idea was to make it have more attractions and better theming. And the Lucas-Film land would replace the entire Echo Lake area of DHS, also the entrance area to the park would be placed under the replica of the Pan Pacific aquarium sign replica. Which would allow the Hollywood Blvd to be more like Main Street and expanded with a new name of, "Hollywood Street".
    I kinda liked Echo Lake. And isn't Hollywood Boulevard already the Main Street of the park?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I would love to see the mini "studios" concept fully fleshed out. Have a Pixar Studio, Lucas Film Studio, Muppets Studio, and Toon Studio, along with sunset boulevard, and hollywood boulevard.
    So basically have all the studio lands look like real studios, with cameras, camera cranes, director chairs, lights, people saying "Action!" or "Cut!",the whole nine yards? That would make the whole park (or at least everything not Hollywood Blvd. or Sunset Blvd.) all one big version of the Backlot Tour.

    I think the Imagineering Field Guide to the park probably put it best:

    As the public expressed more interest in learning about the world behind the scenes, the media obliged with more and more stories and features about these topics. The arrival of DVD media allowed for the movies we purchase to offer much of the backstage information that the Studios park used to focus on. Our recent projects have focused on more immersive experiences that put the Guest in the middle of the action. So, the Park is now less about the nuts and bolts of filmmaking craft and more about putting Guests into experiences inspired by film, television, and other media in new and exciting ways. The name Disney's Hollywood Studios reinforces this shift.

    Now, I'm not trying to be unreasonable toward your point of view, I'm just trying to figure out how to fix the park up without making it too much like Universal.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas
    By Mickey Mouse rocks in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •