View Poll Results: E-Ticket Avatar Ride That Would Send Your Inner Dragon Soaring Highest

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Soarin'r" Ride System That Utilizes Projected 3D Images

6 22.22%
  • Indoor Coaster &/or Darkride (perhaps w/Outdoor Coaster Element) Including AAs & Projected 3D Images

12 44.44%
  • Musical Attraction Similar To Small World, With Peter Pan Ride System

1 3.70%
  • More Than One of the Above Ride Ideas

6 22.22%
  • Other

5 18.52%
  • None

2 7.41%
  • I'll Be Back With You After Discussing This With Producer James Cameron

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Avatar Land: James Cameron Confirms 3D " Flying Attraction" That Is On The Board

Avatar Land - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

News is that Cameron has related that Avatar Land will feature a 3D flying attraction that includes "3D projections and creature designs that "were" cut from the original film." His use of the terms "flying attraction" and "3D procections" could mean a Soarin' ride system that utilizes 3D; or an indoor coaster and/or darkride (perhaps w/outdoor coaster component) that utilizes 3D interactive elements; or perhaps we are talking something else altogether defferent.

Whatever the case may be, it appears likely that riders would be soaring high on dragons, and encountering the natives of Pandora, military troops and scientists from Earth, and incredible animals in the air, on land, and in the water. The immersive entertainment possibilities for this ride are....well, high as the sky! There would be a combination of animatronics and 3D
    holographic projections of Pandora's natives and animals, along with helecopters, humans, etc.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

re: Avatar Land: James Cameron Confirms 3D " Flying Attraction" That Is On The Board

Boy, if they combine animatronics with 3D in a major Avatar ride, Universal is going to feel REALLY sorry they dropped the animatronic robots. LOL

• Iron-Clad Allie

re: Avatar Land: James Cameron Confirms 3D " Flying Attraction" That Is On The Board

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Boy, if they combine animatronics with 3D in a major Avatar ride, Universal is going to feel REALLY sorry they dropped the animatronic robots. LOL

Yeah. A multi-technology Avatar ride would be a smash hit.

Dropped animatronic robots just smash apart on impact when they hit the ground.

• Minion

And where did James Cameron "state" this?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    All of this speculation (and really, that's all it is at this point) comes from the Wikipedia article and its footnoted references.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Iron-Clad Allie

It's in the source link at the top of the opening post.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    It's in the source link at the top of the opening post.
    So Wikipedia?

As Wiggins said..... speculation, speculation, speculation.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    All of this speculation (and really, that's all it is at this point) comes from the Wikipedia article and its footnoted references.
    That;s your prerogative to say. I find it just as reliable as most news sources, if not more so. Name some news sources that you concider spot on 100% of the time.

---------- Post added 11-26-2011 at 09:58 PM ----------

So Wikipedia?

As Wiggins said..... speculation, speculation, speculation.
    First, where's the proof that the validity of Wiki's Cameron quote is speculation? Second, name some news sites (blog or otherwise) that are always reliable without question, and above speculation.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2011 at 08:02 PM.

• Senior Minion

That;s your prerogative to say. I find it just as reliable as most news sources, if not more so. Name some news sources that you concider spot on 100% of the time.
    The accuracy or inaccuracy of other news sources has no bearing upon that of the AvatarLand article in Wikipedia.

Read the footnoted articles that the Wikipedia article is based upon: what "Cameron says" can be interpreted dozens of ways. Nothing has been confirmed. It has been, and continues to be, smoke and speculation.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

First, where's the proof that the validity of Wiki's Cameron quote is speculation? Second, name some news sites (blog or otherwise) that are always reliable without question, and above speculation.
    The fact that we have no proof whatsoever that James Cameron said that and the fact it's on Wikipedia is enough proof for pure speculation. You do realize that anyone can go on Wikipedia and write whatever they want, right?

Wikipedia is not reliable.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The accuracy or inaccuracy of other news sources has no bearing upon that of the AvatarLand article in Wikipedia.

Read the footnoted articles that the Wikipedia article is based upon: what "Cameron says" can be interpreted dozens of ways. Nothing has been confirmed. It has been, and continues to be, smoke and speculation.
    The fact that Wiki sites it's sources makes it more reliable, and less speculative. Theme park news blogs that I know of do not list their sources a good deal of the time. If you cannot name any news blogs that are 100% reliable, am I to asume that you do not know of any?

• Minion

The fact that Wiki sites it's sources makes it more reliable, and less speculative. Theme park news blogs that I know of do not list their sources a good deal of the time. If you cannot name any news blogs that are 100% reliable, am I to asume that you do not know of any?
    I don't understand that need to site a 100% reliable news source, as that has nothing to do with the fact that Wikipedia is not reliable. Just because other news sites aren't 100% reliable, doesn't make Wikipedia 100% reliable.

Disney has not confirmed any attraction for Avatar-Land. That doesn't change because of Wikipedia.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The fact that we have no proof whatsoever that James Cameron said that and the fact it's on Wikipedia is enough proof for pure speculation. You do realize that anyone can go on Wikipedia and write whatever they want, right?

Not without there info being subject to being countered. You've drawn your conclusions, and I respectfully disagree. My thread has remaind off topic for over 10 posts, and I hipe it doesn't reman that way.

• Minion

Not without there info being subject to being countered. You've drawn your conclusions, and I respectfully disagree. My thread has re,aind off topic for over 10 posts, and I hipe it doesn't reman that way.
    Oh it's delightfully on topic. You are saying that Disney has announced a 3-D flying attraction when that is just not the case.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Direct quote from the Wikipedia article linked to: "Although exact details of the attractions have not yet been announced or even devised, James Cameron confirmed that a flying attraction featuring "3-D projections and creature designs that were cut from the original film" was a concept on the drawing board for the area."

That is a ride concept, and certainly not an official announcement by anyone involved, not even Cameron..he was speaking of a theoretical element, with many more left unsaid I am sure. Just my take on it from reading the source.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast