Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

First Phase of Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Expansion to Open February 2012

Disney has announced that the Fantasyland expansion will begin opening in phases beginning in February. First up will be the new Fantasyland Train Station, The Great Goofini coaster and half of the relocated Dumbo attraction (there will eventually be two spinners).

The remaining attractions will open as they are completed with most of the expansion completed by 2013 but final elements not complete until 2014.

It's the small section on the far right hand side of this image that will be opening first.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: First Phase of Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Expansion to Open February 2012

Sounds good. Nice pic. Hopefully I can afford a trip about the time all of Fantasyland is done. Then I hope to be blown away by the new Fantasyland. That land has always been my favorite land in both Disneyland, and the Magic Kingdom.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

So they are opening up an incomplete land, two years before all the elements are completed? That seems sloppy.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Blog Entries

Doesn't seem that sloppy. No reason to have Goofini and Dumbo sitting there unused for two years. What does seem a bit sloppy is opening Dumbo with only the one spinner. I'd go ahead and get both spinners out there and then open Dumbo.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    What does seem a bit sloppy is opening Dumbo with only the one spinner. I'd go ahead and get both spinners out there and then open Dumbo.
    Yeah, me, too. I wouldn't want to have to do construction on the second spinner while people are using the first one a few yards away, or to shut the first one down to build the second when it's been there such a short time.

I agree that they need to open parts that are ready as soon as they can. When I was there in June, the traffic jams in Fantasyland were awful.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I just want a complete land. That is all.

• Minion

ORWEN: But haven't you heard, KingEric, duckling? Neither Disneyland nor Walt Disney World will EVER be complete--as long as there is imagination left in the world...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: But haven't you heard, KingEric, duckling? Neither Disneyland nor Walt Disney World will EVER be complete--as long as there is imagination left in the world...
    **kingeric takes Orewn's face and dunks it in her cauldron**

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ LOL!!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Hey! KingEric up there! Let me know if'n ya needs any help! I been wantin' ta dunk my big, fat sister's head inta somethin' fer years!!!!

• Suspended

What does seem a bit sloppy is opening Dumbo with only the one spinner. I'd go ahead and get both spinners out there and then open Dumbo.
    The reason they are only opening one is because the original Dumbo that is there now is going to be the second Dumbo so they do not want to have a period of time when there is no Dumbo so once the new one opens, the original one will be closed so it can be rebuilt alongside the new spinner.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    The reason they are only opening one is because the original Dumbo that is there now is going to be the second Dumbo so they do not want to have a period of time when there is no Dumbo so once the new one opens, the original one will be closed so it can be rebuilt alongside the new spinner.
    I agree but this is sad. They should have just bought two Dumbos and the current one could have been retired. Seriously, its just a spinner, how much more could it have been to buy a second new one rather then spend months bringing the old one to like new condition. And in fact, we should not even assume its cheaper to keep the old one. When they moved the tree from Pooh's thoughtful spot play ground across the way to were it now is in front of the attraction, they learned it would have actually been cheaper to scrap it and build a new one then it was to move it.

And I thought Dumbo was going to open with "no line", just a new interactive area. But it sure looks like a line que is being built, and with only one opening up I would have to assume there is no way to keep the "no line" concept.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    This.

They want time to refurb the old one, hence opening the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    This.

They want time to refurb the old one, hence opening the new one.
    So let me get this straight: they've been neglecting the current Dumbo ride and now they're going to reuse it?

Can't they just use the Aladdin one? :P

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I agree but this is sad. They should have just bought two Dumbos and the current one could have been retired. Seriously, its just a spinner, how much more could it have been to buy a second new one rather then spend months bringing the old one to like new condition. And in fact, we should not even assume its cheaper to keep the old one. When they moved the tree from Pooh's thoughtful spot play ground across the way to were it now is in front of the attraction, they learned it would have actually been cheaper to scrap it and build a new one then it was to move it.

And I thought Dumbo was going to open with "no line", just a new interactive area. But it sure looks like a line que is being built, and with only one opening up I would have to assume there is no way to keep the "no line" concept.
    because quite simply the old dumbo is a piece of Disney history as much as its counter part in DL or Cinderella castle. it would be extremely sad to see it go which is why i appreciate what disney is doing here, mixing the new and the old together. were not talking about a fake tree here, were talking about one of the park's icons.

see this is where their marketing spin gets people, there was never going to be no line period. the way it was always going to be constructed was that there is an initial short line that takes you into a waiting area (kind of like the concept they have for shows) where you wait for your buzzer to go off and you then head to another short line before you get on the ride. technically there are "no lines" just two "transitional waiting areas" between one big holding tank. gotta love how those spin doctors work don't ya lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast