View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll

16 30.19%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter Phase II

37 69.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: If you could only visit Avatar Land or Harry Potter phase II

Geez, You know, "Discworld" is a natural. Pratchett, unlike Rowling, can actually write, and you want to talk about worldbuilding. 30 books -- all best sellers -- beats 7...

Unfortunately, Universal gets credit as the early mover, and at this point anyone who integrated Pratchett into their mythos would be seen as a Nobby-Come-Lately...

i go with potter phase 2

Id go to EPCOT.

• Minion

Potter II. Pandora can get Exterminatus'd by Space Marines or blown up by the Death Star as far as I care.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

I think at this point it will take a Harry Potter expansion to bring me back to Orlando. WDW needs some serious work, and the fantasyland expansion feels more and more like Animal Kingdom's Dinoland (dino-rama). The much anticipated Mine Ride videos up on youtube left me underwhelmed, and we already know that the Little Mermaid didn't knock off anybody's socks when it opened up this year in DCA.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    the fantasyland expansion feels more and more like Animal Kingdom's Dinoland (dino-rama)
    Whoa. Let's not go that far. FLE may be underwhelming, but it represents expansion in a park that desperately needs it and an overhauling of the overall theming of Fantasyland that looks very promising. Dino-rama is a festering blight upon WDW that is the antithesis of everything Walt wanted his parks to be. There are a very few things in any Disney park anywhere as odorous and offensive as Dino-rama and FLE is definitely not one of them.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

I missed it if someone brought it up, but Avatar does NOT seem like Disney at all. I liked the film when it released, but this new Avatarland would fit into any other theme park but of Disney's to me. Disney should stick with their own characters, franchises, and movies so nothing seems out of place in their parks. For that reason, WWOHP at Islands would be my choice.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by planetsix View Post
    I missed it if someone brought it up, but Avatar does NOT seem like Disney at all. I liked the film when it released, but this new Avatarland would fit into any other theme park but of Disney's to me. Disney should stick with their own characters, franchises, and movies so nothing seems out of place in their parks. For that reason, WWOHP at Islands would be my choice.
    Warner Brothers made Harry Potter FYI. Bringing in other film franchises has been happening for years. DHS was originally Disney's MGM Studios after all. Only 2 of the movies on the great movie ride are Disney made. It's nothing new for the parks. Do I agree with Disney finding outside franchises? Absolutely not, but it's nothing new. Avatar land will give Animal Kingdom some night life that it has never had. Will it be the potter killer Disney wants? Absolutely not. If Disney wants a potter killer the only way they could do it is if they throw $3 billion+ at WDI and tell them to go crazy and build beastly kingdom, a new WoL pavilion, a new Soarin' film, one or two new world showcase countries, and refurbishments for pretty much the entire resort.I honestly believe the exposure of WWoHP has really gotten to the point where there is almost nothing Disney can do to kill it within reason. What they should do is increase maintenance and continue building Disney quality attractions until the potter hype starts to die down and then expand the resort with another park.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Avatar land will give Animal Kingdom some night life that it has never had.
    this statement is totally false. nothing has been mentioned in this regard but using common sense we can see the expansion area being proposed is at the back, middle of the park meaning it could not stay open any later then the rest of the park due to all the animals on exhibit in the oasis discovery island and so on that people would have to walk by. There is absolutely no upside to this acquisition in my opinion and i would be rather impressed if someone could find one.

It's a bit difficult to choose cause we don't even have a render of Avatarland. Probably if the land at AK had an impressive appearance on a render, with a great icon like the Hogwarts castle is for TWWOHP, (could be the great tree of Pandora), the opinion of many of us could change easily.

I'm going to give Disney and Avatar the benefit of the doubt. I liked Avatar both the message and visuals. I can not stay awake for an entire Harry Potter film. I have tried, I really have but they are snooze fests to me.

I do think it's too bad that Disney has to dumb down Animal Kingdom to attract visitors but after having read enough comments on other boards, they need to, lol.

Animal Kingdom is currently my favorite park. (after MK). My vote goes to AK and Avatar.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    this statement is totally false. nothing has been mentioned in this regard but using common sense we can see the expansion area being proposed is at the back, middle of the park meaning it could not stay open any later then the rest of the park due to all the animals on exhibit in the oasis discovery island and so on that people would have to walk by. There is absolutely no upside to this acquisition in my opinion and i would be rather impressed if someone could find one.
    I was under the impression that it was going into camp minnie Mickey. Either way if Disney does not use Avatar Land and include night time lighting they are missing the most visually stunning part of the films.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I would like to see the world of Pandora at night. I would also love to be able to explore Animal Kingdom at night, but in order for that to happen they need more attractions that can stay open late.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Disney you have been served!

If you haven't read this yet... READ IT.... WOW just wow

Plans for Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida revealed
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Disney you have been served!

If you haven't read this yet... READ IT.... WOW just wow