View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll

16 30.19%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter Phase II

37 69.81%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: If you could only visit Avatar Land or Harry Potter phase II

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Disney you have been served!

If you haven't read this yet... READ IT.... WOW just wow

Plans for Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida revealed
    Sounds like The Mummy but more advanced. I think that would be cool - it's a ride that is far under valued I think.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Sounds like The Mummy but more advanced. I think that would be cool - it's a ride that is far under valued I think.
    I think it is more like Mummy meets Spiderman meets Forbidden Journey... which should equal amazingness!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Disney you have been served!

If you haven't read this yet... READ IT.... WOW just wow

Plans for Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida revealed
    I spent two days going through Universal the last time I went, and I didn't have enough time to see all the attractions. Is Universal turning into a 3-4 day park? And if Universal's show continues to trump WDW, I can see folks spending less and less time in WDW, especially if they have older kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    I LOVED Avatar in the theater because it was more of an attraction than a movie. The movie by itself without the immersive 3d effects is a grade B Dances with Wolves knock-off. Avatarland? Not interested. Potter? A recreation of a world based on books I've read over and over and loved, laughed and cried over for years and years, as have my kids, friends, and family members? Heck yeah, I'm there
    This is my take as well. I didn't see Avatar in the theater and when I saw it at home I was amazed at how bad a movie it was. I expected to lose something since it was touted as a "big screen" type of movie, but it was almost unwatchable. I've heard many other people say similar things. What's more, there seem to have been quite a few people with a negative reaction due to the film's "preachyness".

I'm not a Potter fan either though, and have no interest really in the books or movies. But it is clearly an enduring property with millions of loyal fans

Since all we have to go on at this point is the properties themselves, Potter phase II has a HUGE advantage. Combine that with the positive reaction phase I received, and I'd say Disney has some work to do.

• June 1963 I was hooked

They should move Dueling Dragons to US Jaws area with a new theme, whatever, and rework its queue building in IOA as a walk through shreiking shack attraction(with its entrance by the whomping willow perhaps) where visitors witness the events through the books that took place there, FB queue style, that all ages can enjoy together.
    A Burrow walk through attraction with a ride- say flying Ford Anglias as earlier rumored- might as well hog the technology.
    and the Gringotts ride and Diagon Alley, with the restaurant being part of the Leaky Cauldron- which- a ha- is also a beautique exclusive hotel for serious Potter fans who aren't afraid to spend extra bucks(with late and early priveledges of course!)
    Lose The rest of Lost continent. Mythos can stand alone. or hell, lose all of the Jurassic section except for the ride itself and camp Jurassic.
    Don't get me started on either Carsland, which looks great but just wrong, or Avatar land where just being human makes you basically the enemy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by fnord View Post
    They should move Dueling Dragons to US Jaws area with a new theme, whatever, and rework its queue building in IOA as a walk through shreiking shack attraction(with its entrance by the whomping willow perhaps) where visitors witness the events through the books that took place there, FB queue style, that all ages can enjoy together.
    A Burrow walk through attraction with a ride- say flying Ford Anglias as earlier rumored- might as well hog the technology.
    and the Gringotts ride and Diagon Alley, with the restaurant being part of the Leaky Cauldron- which- a ha- is also a beautique exclusive hotel for serious Potter fans who aren't afraid to spend extra bucks(with late and early priveledges of course!)
    Lose The rest of Lost continent. Mythos can stand alone. or hell, lose all of the Jurassic section except for the ride itself and camp Jurassic.
    Don't get me started on either Carsland, which looks great but just wrong, or Avatar land where just being human makes you basically the enemy.
    If they were going to incur the cost of moving any coaster, I would hope it was Rip, Ride, Rockit, and that the location would be the dumpster.

• June 1963 I was hooked

Six Flags moves coasters a lot.
    I think the two park wizarding world is problematic at best, particularly if the two are linked
    physically. Wizarding world fits into IOA's theming perfectly. It'll stick out like a sore thumb in
    USF. It will be interesting to see how they fare at UH as well. But I'm sure however it plays out
    it will be very successful compared to whatever Disney opens at the time.

• Minion

If they were going to incur the cost of moving any coaster, I would hope it was Rip, Ride, Rockit, and that the location would be the dumpster.
    rip ride rock it is officially in my top three favorite coasters worldwide after my latest visit

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    rip ride rock it is officially in my top three favorite coasters worldwide after my latest visit
    One of the worst coasters I have ridden. So shaky, it makes the old Iron Wolf a pleasure to ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    One of the worst coasters I have ridden. So shaky, it makes the old Iron Wolf a pleasure to ride.
    well i guess it must be hit and miss due to the technical issues it has had but both my rides on two separate days weren't like that at all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    well i guess it must be hit and miss due to the technical issues it has had but both my rides on two separate days weren't like that at all.
    Hopefully it will improve with the new trains that are ordered.

• Pilot EdForceOne

my kids didn't complain... but Dusty explained the problem is the track is too inconsistent in the construction which is causing the problem. A solution was to mount the wheel mounts so they could slide some to compensate.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• The Legend Ends

I would go with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I grew up with the books and they were enjoyable unlike how I found Avatar. I didn't see it in theaters but on a well sized screen at home (55 inches). I found the film to be painful. The acting, script and everything else besides the effects. I bet the effects would be amazing in theaters but the film itself did not stand up. I will gladly take the Wizarding World of Harry Potter over Avatar anything.
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty was real.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

We know way too little about Avatarland to say for sure, but based on my interest in the properties alone, Potter wins by a mile.

• Mkcoastie

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Whoa. Let's not go that far. FLE may be underwhelming, but it represents expansion in a park that desperately needs it and an overhauling of the overall theming of Fantasyland that looks very promising. Dino-rama is a festering blight upon WDW that is the antithesis of everything Walt wanted his parks to be. There are a very few things in any Disney park anywhere as odorous and offensive as Dino-rama and FLE is definitely not one of them.
    here, here. good point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast