View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll

16 30.19%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter Phase II

37 69.81%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Question If you could only visit Avatar Land or Harry Potter phase II

Ok so two big additions are coming to both Disney World and Universal Orlando. So if could ONLY visit 1 which one would your visit and why?

So Avatar Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom

or Wizarding World of Harry Potter Phase II at Universal Studios Orlando and Islands of Adventure
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Surf's Up!

Re: If you could only visit Avatar Land or Harry Potter phase II

Truth be told, I'd probably do neither, and without knowing the contents of both lands its a little tricky - but I'm over thinking it!

I'd probably go to Avatarland to see what the fuss was about as I'm more likely to go to Animal Kingdom than Universal (and that's not just the fanboy in me talking).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

If phase 2 is anything close to the quality of the first phase I would have to go with Potterland Avatar never had any of my interest and if i had to choose between i would have to choose Potter..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Nutty about Disney parks

They would have to visually blow me away to be interested in Avatar. Harry Potter for the win!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

I'd save my money and stay home.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have absolutely NO interest in Avatar, so Potterland Phase 2 for me!

• Insomniac

Well since we really know absolutely nothing about Avatar Land, I think this might be a little premature. But Avatar looks like it could have some amazing attractions if done right. Visually it should be stunning at night. So I'd say AL over WWoHP.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

potter purely on the basis that avatar should never have existed in AK

• WDW will always be home.

WWOHP Phase 2 no question. WWOHP is arguably the best thing in Orlando right now. Avatar holds little interest for me as its based on a terrible movie and I'm offended that it's being built in DAK.

And for the record, I have ZERO interest in Universal anything outside of WWOHP and generally never leave WDW for any reason when I'm in Orlando. But WWOHP is just that good.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Hello Dolly.

I have no idea since I know nothing about either of them in the parks.

Just off name, Potter. Avatar was cool movie I'm not interested in watching again.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Very interesting. The lack of love for Avatar is intense! lol

Personally I vote for Potter because WWOHP is just incredibly amazing!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Very interesting. The lack of love for Avatar is intense! lol

Personally I vote for Potter because WWOHP is just incredibly amazing!
    WWOHP IS AMAZING! and this poll is just going to show how many people think that it was done right that they are going to give it a second try with Phase 2 coming up...

Avatar COULD be amazing, but lack of interest IMO hurts it the most, I have little to no interest in seeing a land based off of a movie I have little to no interest in, to me it's one of those movies you flip through twice just to see if something better is on...

BUT we shall see, only time can tell
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• time to go

Unless they plan to CGI the whole of Pandora for Avatarland, it will ultimately feel like a lesser quality knockoff, with substituting rich digital details for real-world imperfections constructed on the cheap.

Harry Potter takes place in the real world, on our planet. Constructing Hogsmeade or Hogwarts castle to look and feel like the film version was easy. How the heck will WDI pull off the same theme park recreation for a fully digitized alien world? Put everything up as a green screen projection and hand out 3D glasses at the turnstiles?

Seriously... the more films move away from real-world sets and environments, the worse their theme park counterparts are going to look. Avatarland seems like a loser right out of the gate.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    ...to me it's one of those movies you flip through twice just to see if something better is on...

BUT we shall see, only time can tell
    Time will be one of the main downfalls of AvatarLand (the narrow vision of Disney's marketing-driven management being the other). By the time it opens years from now, Avatar's groundbreaking technology will be old hat. Other films will have come out with better tech, better stories and more memorable characters. Disney will be stuck with a 2009 franchise it doesn't own, with characters that no one can name and near-zero merchandise potential.

Bon appetit.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    Unless they plan to CGI the whole of Pandora for Avatarland, it will ultimately feel like a lesser quality knockoff, with substituting rich digital details for real-world imperfections constructed on the cheap.

Harry Potter takes place in the real world, on our planet. Constructing Hogsmeade or Hogwarts castle to look and feel like the film version was easy. How the heck will WDI pull off the same theme park recreation for a fully digitized alien world? Put everything up as a green screen projection and hand out 3D glasses at the turnstiles?

Seriously... the more films move away from real-world sets and environments, the worse their theme park counterparts are going to look. Avatarland seems like a loser right out of the gate.
    This, and

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Time will be one of the main downfalls of AvatarLand (the narrow vision of Disney's marketing-driven management being the other). By the time it opens years from now, Avatar's groundbreaking technology will be old hat. Other films will have come out with better tech, better stories and more memorable characters. Disney will be stuck with a 2009 franchise it doesn't own, with characters that no one can name and near-zero merchandise potential.

Bon appetit.
    This. I LOVED Avatar in the theater because it was more of an attraction than a movie. The movie by itself without the immersive 3d effects is a grade B Dances with Wolves knock-off. Avatarland? Not interested. Potter? A recreation of a world based on books I've read over and over and loved, laughed and cried over for years and years, as have my kids, friends, and family members? Heck yeah, I'm there

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast