Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disney Prince

Another group of changes I'd like to see on a more minor scale would be a good rehab and upgrade of the signature rides of the Magic Kingdom, Small World (which is already happening), Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain (Paris and California is getting major updates, us Florida folks are feeling left out after all our Space Mountain is the original), Big Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise

FIX the great wall of Fantasyland, they really have to do something with the old 20k, the wall is a huge eyesore site

Re-do Stitch's Great Escape's storyline, the concept is great but the story has so much loopholes.

EPCOT:
    Something needs to be done with the 'look' of Futureworld

Disney/MGM Studios
    The hat is the only real problem in this park right now
    wishful thinking===="Cinemagicque"...please

Animal Kingdom
    The only real problem here right now is Chester and Hester's Lame-O-Rama

If I were in charge of all the money required to fix WDW, here's what i'll do:

Magic Kingdom
    -Update all the rides
    -major re-do of Jungle Cruise, with a new storyline, new AAs new everything. Two brothers own a Safari company but both believe in two different modes of transportation one is the classic cruise, the other the more maneuvarable range rover. The new ride lets guests choose between two types of animal adventures that will intertwine from time to time leading to numerous taunting matches between drivers and passengers all leading to a climax where one brother must save another.

-Add in effects to Space Mountain
    -The long awaited Villain land and Bald Mountain in the place of the old 20k site
    -The legendary Western River expedition in Frontierland

EPCOT
    -Project Gemini
    -Russia
    -Switzerland (with Matterhorn)
    -Canada mountain ride to cover up Soarin'
    -Paint Spaceship Earth to look like Earth

Disney-MGm Studios
    -Cinemagicque (put it inside the Chinese Theater along with the Great Movie Ride)
    -"Whose Line Is it Anyway?" Comedy show to replace Millionaire
    -Alias-themed E-ticket
    -Upgrade the Backlot Tours with more movie scenes and another fictional movie shoot
    -Relocate the Sorcerer hat
    -Replace Voyage of the Little Mermaid with a new musical concerning all of the Animated classics
    -A new attraction for the Animation courtyard featuring a disney animator animating 2 audience members and making them fight the disney villains inside the aniamtion studio.

Animal Kingdom
    -add in Beastly Kingdom
    -add in The Amazon, a good place to relocate "It's Tough to Be A Bug"
    -add in a "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's the Lost World" inspired jeep ride in Dino Land
    -Put the Festival of the Lion King inside the Tree of Life, it deserves to find its home in the park's icon

build Port Disney, the American DisneySea that would fullfill the wet dreams of many WDW fans (DisneySea and Indy Adventure at last!)

DisneySea was originally planned for Long Beach when Disney owned or managed the Queen Mary complex. The park was to be built around and include those atrtractions, however teh city said no and so Disney scrapped the idea for the US, and looked to Tokyo, who at the time was looking for their 2nd gated attraction.

The land is there for another theme park and Disney does have a lot of ideas. However, with todays emphasis on a quick ROI, anything built will be done very cheaply. Tokyo Disneyland spends the money and in turn makes a bunch and has quality theme parks, in the tradition of Disney. Then again since Disney doesn't pay for anything in Tokyo they can afford to go all out and the Imagineers can do their best work for Tokyo. Their best work can't be built in the US because Disney's management don't want to risk the cash. The only focus in business today in the United States is a quick return for the stockholders, not the quality of the work done. There is no long term planning. A ride that costs $500 million today will eat into todays profit so we can't do it. Doesn't matter whether or not that attraction will drive business 3 years form now, because we want profit today and we want it now. Slash payroll to the bare minimum so our dividend will increase a penny and the stockholders want dividends. Doesn't happen just at Disney, happens everywhere. The better we look on paper today, the better our bonuses (Eisner and top management) will be. Oriental Land Company (Tokyo Disneyland's owners) wants quality parks, hotels and attractions the way Disney used to be, in the US however, build them fast and cheap and get the parts from Wal-Mart if you have to.

Ready To Be Flamed!!

Ok, here it goes........

Bring back tickets for the rides!
    Here is my reasoning. It makes the parks try that much harder for your dollar. In the days of tickets, you never had rides broke or not running or operating seasonal. The parks were open longer,because the longer you were in the park, the more tickets you could use. The rides were kept up because, more maintenance meant, a ride that would operate longer trouble free. It seemed that they would be less likely to close a ride, 20k for example, and leave that area unused for the better part of a decade, because it is loss of income when tickets are being used. Sure the DL haunted mansion sat empty for a couple of years until they got the time to do it right. IMHO the parks were just a better experience when tickets were used. The lines were shorter for the good stuff and there was no need for fastpass.

Sure it is nice to pay one price and ride Mission Space 26 times in a row, but there is no longer a reason for the park management to care about park condition,ride quality, or even your experience in the park. Once you enter the park you are a paid customer, and they really wish you would buy a gift and leave by noon. Less payroll, energy used, wear and tear on the rides and other equipment. Why do you think the park hours get shorter, and the amount of rides in the park that are running is getting shorter not longer.

As a child I can remeber going to DL from 7am until 1am that night. Everything was open, you had a daytime parade(sometimes 2), 2 electrical parades and 2 fireworks shows at night. Why all this? So you would spend more time in the park. Plus the parks were cleaner and more delightful to be in. It also allowed you to have a lazy day and not feel like you are out $50 ,if you felt like it. Grandparents could also take kids to the park and not have to pay $50 to walk around.

So what would should Disney Charge now?
    $18 a day for adults to all parks in a day (Park hopper style)
    $12 for children
    MK park for example ( Rides Taken from old tickets)
    E Tickets $2 Space Mountain, Splash, Big Thunder
    D Tickets $1.75 TTA,River boat, Tom Sawyer raft, WDWRR
    C Tickets $1.50 Raceway,Peter Pan,Treehouse
    B Tickets $1.00 Dumbo, COP( was a d), Tiki
    A Tickets $.50 Horse Cars, Merry go round,

So sure you won't ride SM 12 times, maybe only once or twice. But when it is busy, you really can't enjoy the rides right now anyway. And think back at all the rides that are gone, not replaced,Keel Boats,Canoes,Skyway, 20k, and I'm sure I have missed some. Plus chances are the rides will be clean and working properly, with all AA operating, speakers not cracking and trash not floating in the water. Rides would not be replaced with MEET& GREETS, no income there.

New rides would have to be more Magical to get people to ride them if they have to pay on a per ride basis. Now Disney can get away with just an OK ride because you feel you have to go in it to get your $50 buck worth. DO you think AK would have opened as a 1/2 day park if it was on a ticket system??

I feel that 2 things caused the MAGIC to lose its luster at Disney parks.

1.The removal of tickets

2. The last 10 years under Eisner and his penny pinchers. But thats for another thread!

• Disney Prince

removal of tickets would make the parks really crowded but I like the way you think about how making the rides ticketed again would encourage building more and better rides

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    removal of tickets would make the parks really crowded but I like the way you think about how making the rides ticketed again would encourage building more and better rides
    Why do you think they will be more crowded? :confused:

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Mostly becuase you could get in for free or really, really cheap!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    Relocate Festival of the Lion King into the Tree of Life,
    I don't think that it would fit. The tree of life is big but not that big. Don't forget the space of back stage and things like that.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I don't know. I bet you could fit everything into the ToL! It might me a tight fit though. I do think that FOTLK needs to be moved to a more prominant part of the park. A lot of people that don't go with kids to WDW miss out on it because they think that 50 million kids and parents will be running around Camp Minnie-Mickey!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Stitch to the Rescue

We upgraded the theatre for FOTLK and made it enclosed with A/C for the summer season. There was word from the Imagineering team that Brother Bear for Canada will begin construction in the next year or so. It will a SM type ride and will cover the Soarin' attraction from the Land Pavillion. Russia was one of the countries interested in WS at EC.

Sean

• Disney Prince

i heard the reason why Russia never got built for World Showcase was because of the end of the soviet union. I heard World Showcase was supposed to have lots of countries from Australia, to Puerto rico, philippines, switzerland, brazil...

I'm not so sure I want to have Brother Bear in Canada since bringing in movie related stuff to World SHowcase would kind of ruin its appeal but I'm thankful that they are finally adding something new to World Showcase as well do something to cover up Soarin's building

• Former Epcot CM

If a Florida Disneysea ever turned up (or California for that matter) it would definitely not be built on the scale of Tokyo Disneysea - as much as I would like it to be! Even Cinderellabration! has had to be scaled down because of the space in front of Cinderella Castle Florida compared to Cinderella Castle Tokyo.

I think a new method of parking and transportation is not needed, but would benefit the resort. I think that entrances/exits to the resort should be limited to four - north, east, west, south. You park your car in one of the four enormous lots just inside of the resort entrances, and take a monorail (a seperate track to the MK/Epcot track) to your desired destination - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. Space will be left on the track for any future parks/important attractions.

Or a second method would be to re-route the entire current monorail track. The monorail would stop at;
    Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland
    Epcot - World Showcase
    Disney-MGM Studios - Sunset Boulevard
    Disney's Animal Kingdom - Rafiki's Planet Watch
    Downtown Disney - Marketplace

This would prove easier access to guests staying on-site, and would open up spaces in the main entrances to the parks which is usually taken up by on-site guests mingling with off-site guests. It would also open the resort up better for park hoppers, who would otherwise have to leave the park through the main entrance, find their car, drive to their desired destination and find a space all over again. If you parked in one spot, you could have that spot for the whole day. So in theory, even if you planned to spend the whole day at the Studios, you could park at Downtown Disney - then when the Studios close, return to DD for a meal and some shopping. But like either of these plans would ever happen. I can't see the monorail track being reworked - ever.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

I think that if another country was to be added to World Showcase it would most likely be Australia. It seem that every year they have a larger area at the International Food and Wine Festival.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123