Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,942

    Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    So I was reading the book little known facts about well known places, Disneyworld. In the book it said there was a planned dark ride for the park but it was cut in favor of Snow White's Scary Adventure. It then went on to say but that is going to be changing with the announcement of a Sleeping Beauty attraction coming in 2013. This caught me a little off guard because I have not heard anything rumored about this. So have any of you heard any Rumors of a Sleeping Beauty attraction coming to Disneyworld? Also How Likely do you think it is that this information is at all accurate?
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  2. #2

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,001
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    The replacement for Snow White's Scary Adventure has already been announced. It is a meet and greet named Princess Fantasy Faire. So this will only happen if you count getting to meet Princess Aurora.

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Well what you were reading might have been referencing the Auora Meet and Greet/Castle that was scraped in favor of the Snow White Mine Train ride.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Well what you were reading might have been referencing the Auora Meet and Greet/Castle that was scraped in favor of the Snow White Mine Train ride.
    It specifically said too be announced in 2013 not to open in 2013 so I don't think thats it because earlier in the book the talked about the fantasyland expansion and had the original castle meet n greet in there so I know it was published between the original announcement and the addition of the mine train coaster.

    ---------- Post added 01-04-2012 at 02:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The replacement for Snow White's Scary Adventure has already been announced. It is a meet and greet named Princess Fantasy Faire. So this will only happen if you count getting to meet Princess Aurora.
    The statement had nothing to do with replacing Snow White, It said Snow White replaced original plans for Sleeping Beauty. Then said new plans for a sleeping beauty attraction to be announced in 2013.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    451

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    I have no idea about the validity of it but it sounds amazing and I really hope they do it! I guess I'm wondering how the author of the book knows this information, since the plans won't be announced for another year and I would think that the author has been working on it for at least a year prior. That would mean they had to have known this fact for at least three years before the ride was to be announced. SWSA has been there for so long too, I would think that there would be rumours of the Sleeping Beauty attraction from when that ride was being conceptualised too.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I have no idea about the validity of it but it sounds amazing and I really hope they do it! I guess I'm wondering how the author of the book knows this information, since the plans won't be announced for another year and I would think that the author has been working on it for at least a year prior. That would mean they had to have known this fact for at least three years before the ride was to be announced. SWSA has been there for so long too, I would think that there would be rumours of the Sleeping Beauty attraction from when that ride was being conceptualised too.
    I completely agree with this thats why i was wondering if anyone had heard anything. It is very posible it was refering to the castle but i will believe it when i see it so many things change in that time frame
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,383

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    ORDDU: Actually the item for Sleeping Beauty that was cut at the last minute involved the cottage of the 3 good fairies instead of a castle. Lady Tremaine's mansion from Cinderella was also cut. Maybe that's where some of you are getting the idea that a castle had been axed.

    ORWEN: But I had also heard rumors that a Sleeping Beauty dark ride might eventually replace Snow White's Scary Adventures and that the princes meet and greet might only be a temporary thing. I can only hope for that!

    ORGOCH: Hmpf! An' I can only hope somebody out there takes pitty on a poor, hungy witch an' goes ahead an' fixes her a plate full a hot, steamy frog legs!!!

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Actually the item for Sleeping Beauty that was cut at the last minute involved the cottage of the 3 good fairies instead of a castle. Lady Tremaine's mansion from Cinderella was also cut. Maybe that's where some of you are getting the idea that a castle had been axed.

    ORWEN: But I had also heard rumors that a Sleeping Beauty dark ride might eventually replace Snow White's Scary Adventures and that the princes meet and greet might only be a temporary thing. I can only hope for that!

    ORGOCH: Hmpf! An' I can only hope somebody out there takes pitty on a poor, hungy witch an' goes ahead an' fixes her a plate full a hot. steamy frog legs!!!
    Heard the same rumors, not necessarily that it will be Sleeping Beauty, but that the meet and greet might be temporary. Something new could fill this space in the future, hopefully a dark ride.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,383

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    ORDDU: We had also heard that a dark ride for Rapunzel was being considered as a replacement for Snow White's dark ride. So we'll have to wait and see.

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: We had also heard that a dark ride for Rapunzel was being considered as a replacement for Snow White's dark ride. So we'll have to wait and see.
    I had heard that too... but I am more apt to believe that Temporary means 20+ years lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    59

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    This will sound super confusing, but apparently back the late 60's when Walt Disney and company were planning Disney World in Florida a lot things were supposed to be different from Disneyland in California.

    In the same way that Disneyland has "Sleeping Beauty's Castle" and Disney World has "Cinderella's Castle" a lot of the rides were going to be slightly different, and since DL had a "Snow White's Scary Adventure" WDW was going to have a "Sleeping Beauty's Scary Adventure", but after Walt Disney's death, the company got nervous about the whole Disney World project and took the safer and cheaper route of duplicating a lot a Disneyland's most popular rides, so WDW got a "Snow White's Scary Adventure" too.

    Anyway... fast forward to Fantasyland Expansion Version 1, the original plans for the New Fantasyland included meet and greet buildings for Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, but this idea was deemed "too girlie" and is now being replaced by the new "Seven Dwarves Mine Train"

    Now because the "Seven Dwarves Mine Train" is going in, "Snow White's Adventure" is being removed, and in its place will be the Princess meet and greets, and because this building is right next to "Cinderella's Castle" it's kinda sorta being consider part of the Castle now, even though it's the building that used to be "Snow White's Adventure"

    ...so? ya follow all that?

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,383

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    ORDDU: Yes, we here in Morva can follow. But we also agree with what KingEric had to say about how the term 'temporary' can mean 20 years or more with Disney.

  13. #13

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,001
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    It specifically said too be announced in 2013 not to open in 2013 so I don't think thats it because earlier in the book the talked about the fantasyland expansion and had the original castle meet n greet in there so I know it was published between the original announcement and the addition of the mine train coaster.

    ---------- Post added 01-04-2012 at 02:48 PM ----------



    The statement had nothing to do with replacing Snow White, It said Snow White replaced original plans for Sleeping Beauty. Then said new plans for a sleeping beauty attraction to be announced in 2013.
    Disney itself usually does not know when announcements are going to be made until just about the eleventh hour.

    Quote Originally Posted by tl77 View Post
    This will sound super confusing, but apparently back the late 60's when Walt Disney and company were planning Disney World in Florida a lot things were supposed to be different from Disneyland in California.

    In the same way that Disneyland has "Sleeping Beauty's Castle" and Disney World has "Cinderella's Castle" a lot of the rides were going to be slightly different, and since DL had a "Snow White's Scary Adventure" WDW was going to have a "Sleeping Beauty's Scary Adventure", but after Walt Disney's death, the company got nervous about the whole Disney World project and took the safer and cheaper route of duplicating a lot a Disneyland's most popular rides, so WDW got a "Snow White's Scary Adventure" too.
    Work on the Magic Kingdom did not really begin until after Walt's death. In "The EPCOT Film" the Magic Kingdom is a direct copy of Disneyland. New attractions for Fantasyland all lived and died after Walt's death.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    59

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Work on the Magic Kingdom did not really begin until after Walt's death. In "The EPCOT Film" the Magic Kingdom is a direct copy of Disneyland. New attractions for Fantasyland all lived and died after Walt's death.
    They didn't start "building" it until after Walt's death but they were "planning" well before the time of the Epcot Film Walt Disney was the person who wanted another Disneyland in Florida

    Plus there are lots of differences between the 2 parks, The Castles are different, DL has "New Orleans Square" MK has "Liberty Square", the buildings for "The Haunted Mansion" and "It's a Small World" are different, the themes for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, And while DL has "The Pirates of the Caribbean" MK was supposed to get "Western River Expedition", and there's already another thread one here about the planned "Sleeping Beauty", "Ichabod Crane", and "Mary Poppins" dark rides that were proposed instead of "Snow White" "Mr Toad" and "Peter Pan"

  15. #15

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,001
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Sleeping Beauty coming after 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by tl77 View Post
    They didn't start "building" it until after Walt's death but they were "planning" well before the time of the Epcot Film Walt Disney was the person who wanted another Disneyland in Florida

    Plus there are lots of differences between the 2 parks, The Castles are different, DL has "New Orleans Square" MK has "Liberty Square", the buildings for "The Haunted Mansion" and "It's a Small World" are different, the themes for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, And while DL has "The Pirates of the Caribbean" MK was supposed to get "Western River Expedition", and there's already another thread one here about the planned "Sleeping Beauty", "Ichabod Crane", and "Mary Poppins" dark rides that were proposed instead of "Snow White" "Mr Toad" and "Peter Pan"
    The plans created for the Magic Kingdom before Walt's death amounted to nothing more than agreeing that there would be a second park (illustrated by a direct copy of Disneyland in the property plans) and that it would be the weenie of the property, located at the north. No specifics were worked on. Walt was not interested in the second park and said the Imagineers would do just fine designing a second without him. They did just that. All of the differences between the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland, built and unbuilt, were designed after Walt passed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sleeping Beauty's Castle Walk-Through Coming Back?
    By jawnjarvis in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 08:39 PM
  2. Her Royal Highness, Sleeping Beauty Castle
    By downtownBLUE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:12 PM
  3. Sleeping Beauty's Castle
    By The Mad Hatter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 10:32 PM
  4. Sleeping Beauty Castle Question.
    By AudioKarateKid in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
  5. Sleeping Beauty's Royal Celebration!
    By TweedlDum9 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •