Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Holy cow, WDW's Magic Kingdom is Horrible! (Compared to Disneyland Park)

The posts in this thread disgusts me. Who cares how DL compares to WDW, as long as people go there enjoying themselves and finding the magic that Disney does so well who gives a crap that one ride is better than the other, you still enjoy it no matter where you see it. How about just appreciating things for what they are instead of complaining because OMG this ride doesn't have one component that the OTHER park DOES have therefore this ride sucks and I will tell the world how.

What ever happened to just seeing the beauty of things for what they are? I have a story to share with you that probably won't have any impact on the negative brow bashers of this thread.

Two people go see a puppet show. Person A is happy, optimistic and generally easy going. Person B is pessimistic, negative and generally sees the bad in everything.

They both see the strings on the puppet, however person A decides they will still enjoy the show and has a good time doing so.

Person B complains because they CAN see the strings and therefore the whole show is ruined for them.

You have a choice anytime you go to enjoy something. You can either know that flaws exist and enjoy yourself anyway or you can bitch the whole time because the flaws are there usually ruining it for yourself and probably your family.

I chose to enjoy the show....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    The posts in this thread disgusts me. Who cares how DL compares to WDW, as long as people go there enjoying themselves and finding the magic that Disney does so well who gives a crap that one ride is better than the other, you still enjoy it no matter where you see it. How about just appreciating things for what they are instead of complaining because OMG this ride doesn't have one component that the OTHER park DOES have therefore this ride sucks and I will tell the world how.

What ever happened to just seeing the beauty of things for what they are? I have a story to share with you that probably won't have any impact on the negative brow bashers of this thread.

Two people go see a puppet show. Person A is happy, optimistic and generally easy going. Person B is pessimistic, negative and generally sees the bad in everything.

They both see the strings on the puppet, however person A decides they will still enjoy the show and has a good time doing so.

Person B complains because they CAN see the strings and therefore the whole show is ruined for them.

You have a choice anytime you go to enjoy something. You can either know that flaws exist and enjoy yourself anyway or you can bitch the whole time because the flaws are there usually ruining it for yourself and probably your family.

Never said it ruined the whole experience for me...

I'm still a WDW Lover. Hee hee. But I do wish the ignorance of some people would stop sometime when they keep getting fed up about Disneyland Resort not having all the attractions that WDW has. I understand the pain, but when you go to WDW, you start to realize just how good Disneyland has it now!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Wow, askmike1, you just can't ever be wrong, can you?
    Nope (unless of course you ask WDW1974, then I'm wrong 94.3% of the time).

Back to Al's article... I think you misread something. While Al was wrinkling his nose at the term "presenteeism" (which, by the way, Disney did NOT conjur up, though they use it in a different way; Google it and find out), and he was certainly making pointed comments at the Casting Center and the scramble to make due with the limited cast on hand... where was he slamming the program itself? If anything, his comments on the reasons people were being terminated back up the goals of presenteeism, even if it is coming at a bad time.
    To sum up Al's article, Presenteeism, combined with lack of casting, is going to ruin service for the guests. Shops close early, food places are closing early, if it continues to not change, attractions will close early too.

And nowhere in that article (or any other) has he stated that the park reached capacity because of lack of staff! Not exactly sure where you dreamed that, but I'm sure you'll let us know in order to justify your statements.
    That article was not meant to prove that at all. I know I included that part in the quote, but that is just because I was too lazy to delete that part. Like I said, I could have sworn I heard other people on this forum say that, but I could be wrong.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Former Epcot CM

Personally, Disneyland sounds a much more exciting place to be at the moment, but the Magic Kingdom was my first, and it will take a lot of beating up and trashing to spoil my opinion of it. Yes, it was dirty when I went a few weeks ago, there are a lot of improvements, but I will only start properly bad mouthing it when I see a tile fall off of a roof in front of my very eyes.

Probably my favourite place in the whole of the Magic Kingdom is the garden of someone's house on Main Street, which is only viewable from the WDWRR. Its overgrown, looks like it hasn't been touched since Opening Day, but it is a symbol of the Disney that was, the high priority of detail, and for that, its special to me.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Uggh, I take a break from MiceChat for a few months and I come back to see you guys are arguing over DL v WDW again. As a former WDW Cast member and a current resident of SoCal I know both places rather well. In an effort to keep this discussion productive, I'd like to share a different POV on the argument above.

Yes, DL is the better one-day experience. That shouldn't be too surprising. For 46 years it was the only Disney Park in town and received the best attractions Imagineering could come up with (and during that time there was an Imagineering to speak of). DL being a local park has a loyal fan following that notices when the quality wanes and makes a stink when it does. Now DL has a president who listens to such things. But DL still has a money problem called DCA and that financial black hole is still sucking all the big profits out of DLR. So Cast Members are paid less than is reasonable, stores close early and basically DL is in a huge financial quagmire that fresh paint can not fix.

WDW is a destination resort and as such it does not have a local fan base that can see the declining quality. But it does have a few observant folks (many of whom post here) who have noticed a real decline in the past 10 years. These people are a leading-edge indicator of how the public will react as this decline continues. Notice I say "as" and not "if" because there is no sign of a change in policy any time soon.

Both resorts have real problems, and personally I admire those who point them out in an intelligent, thoughtful manner. Because it does make a difference. The recent cosmetic improvements to DL prove it.
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 12-18-2005 at 05:50 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

The posts in this thread disgusts me. Who cares how DL compares to WDW
    Well, we're all glad that you decided to click on the thread titled "Holy cow, WDW's Magic Kingdom is Horrible! (Compared to Disneyland Park)" not expecting to find people comparing DL to WDW.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

If I go someplace expecting to see strings, then I'm not upset when I see strings. But if I go someplace where they boast about not having visible strings and then it turns out there are strings dangling all over the place in obvious view... thats another story.

And if this happens to be someplace that I care about where the strings weren't visible before then you BET I'm going to complain, otherwise that tile might not just fall off the roof in front of my eyes but might actually kill someone by falling on their head.

Smile Re: Holy cow, WDW's Magic Kingdom is Horrible! (Compared to Disneyland Park)

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974

And I want my rolls and apple butter back at the Liberty Tree Tavern and the manager there fired!
    Well WDW1974 I made a phone call for you since my really good friend is the manager at Liberty Tree Tavern. I was told that the apple butter and rolls, as well as cranberry sauce is still there by request. So, anytime your in just ask your waitress. They'll gladly fill your request.

Smile Re: Holy cow, WDW's Magic Kingdom is Horrible! (Compared to Disneyland Park)

Sorry I double posted

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    You can't sum up AK in ITtbaB.
    Duh. They must be forgetting the Yeti and Everest.

• Former Epcot CM

Can I just say, before my October trip to WDW, I had very bad memories of DAK - my first visit to there was on a bad day weather-wise (the heat was unbearable), it was so busy (yes, DAK busy), and loads of rides were down. I hated it. I can't remember one thing I absolutely enjoyed.

So it took a lot of persuading me to return this year.

I loved it. It was like seeing it with different eyes. It was a couple of days after Wilma, so it was pretty much dead. The sun was shining, but it wasn't humid. We walked on rides, and we took everything in. We strolled around the park at our own leisure, and the state of the park affected our moods - we were completely pleasent as a family unit with eachother for the whole day. It is moments like these at WDW which I will always remember, perfect days, especially as returning to DAK was like visiting a new theme park for the very first time. I don't know, but somehow, I just can't join in with the critisicsm of the park - yes, most people who do are correct, the park is low on attractions blah blah blah, but I look beyond that, and I enjoyed DAK that day possibly more than most other days at Epcot, or MGM, or even MK.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    If I could spend one day at any of those parks, I'd be a happy person. I would enjoy every second of it and come out with a smile on my face and a little extra magic in my heart.
    Oh Mikey, I think I'm gonna puke.

Do you really believe everything you write?

Or are you just young and savvy enough to understand that Disney monitors these sites on a regular basis and someone like you -- who believes the company can never do any wrong -- might be a future junior exec?

I'm actually serious here because you insist on having the last word in every discussion and you blow off others' opinions when they have far more perspective than you do.

Normally, I'd just argue your points one by one, but I'm not going to.
    I'm in NYC and have plans. I did visit the World of Disney store on 5th Ave a few hours ago (and you know I never have anything good to say about the Mouse -- THIS IS SARCASM SANS ANNOYING SMILIES), so I'll just say that like a lot of things at WDW, it's a shell of its former wondrous self. Just a confusing mass of mostly low quality items that can be found at WDW strewn about. But I'm sure you'd tell me how the 'Be a Princess' meet-and-greet that's taken the place of the third floor gallery is a good thing.

Well, YOUR post disgusts me. And if I were into the whole rep thing, you'd be getting some negative pixie dust on your X-Mas parade.

Disney used to strive for perfection, and always came damn close to achieving it. Not anymore. It's about money, not magic. It's about fooling the guests with marketing magic instead of producing real magin in too many instances.

I don't spend my visits 'bitching' about anything unless it truly has a negative effect on my visit.

But as a stockholder, Disney fan and media observer, I have every right to point out whatever I wish to. You see, I still believe in the Disney Legacy of quality.

And I'm sorry if you're one of the people who can't handle the truth and take things personally. Like someone is attacking you personally because something at WDW isn't right and it bothers them. But maybe you're right, after all, most people in this country don't have a clue as to what's actually happening in the world from Iraq to US jobs to bankrupcy laws to the (anti) Patriot Act.

Most people are sheep.

I'm not.

Have a magical day!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Most people are sheep.

I'm not.
    A trait only outmatched by your overwhelming modesty.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

How about the Studios? OK, you get ToT, Playhouse Disney, MuppetVision and a superior Animation attraction ... and a better coaster in Screamin. Not to mention the original (and better) Fantasmic.
    Is this MGM studios were talking about? Because there fantasmic is not the original, or superior in any way... Unless your being sarcastic and I'm just to small minded to get it...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast