Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re-Imagined Test Track Will Put Guests in the Designer’s Seat This Fall at Epcot

Re-Imagined Test Track Will Put Guests in the Designer

Discuss

I wonder what the whole "guests will design their own cars" thing is all about? How will that even work?
    Last edited by mcstewart37; 01-06-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Re-Imagined Test Track Will Put Guests in the Designer’s Seat This Fall at Epcot

ummm.... Ok. Sounds like only a minor update to Test Track, not the major update we were hearing about.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Re-Imagined Test Track Will Put Guests in the Designer’s Seat This Fall at Epcot

This is the same thing that we have been talking about. Visual updating, with other changes.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Shubisha

interactive queue that gets bypassed by fastpass and single riders where you probably pick random brakes/engine designs and then your vehicle color probably gets ignored and you go on test track pretending its a prototype of your design with different spiels on the in-vehicle screens?

• Cool Yule

Sounds like they're just tarting up the post show. Which isn't a bad thing I suppose.

Amazes me how many comments on the blog seem to thing they're ripping out Test Track and replacing it with a video game.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Sounds like they're just tarting up the post show. Which isn't a bad thing I suppose.

Amazes me how many comments on the blog seem to thing they're ripping out Test Track and replacing it with a video game.
    Tourists being tourists.

TEST TRACK : THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES

• Minion

As long as some version is open in June when I am there I am ok with it, The money of the ride is the open air banked turn at break neck speed everything else is just set up really.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Banned User

It's yet another interactive queue. I'm not complaining; I really liked the HM one.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

If they could somehow link the profile you create to the vehicle you board, that would be awesome. Sort of like how they did with ET in US:Hollywood with the names at the end.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Anyone remember the old Design Your Own Roller Coaster in Epcot's CommuniCore? You had a lot of selections, but if you selected the wrong one, the software would respond that the piece you wanted "exceeded design parameters". By the end of it, everyone designed exactly the same coaster, which you then took a virtual ride on (just by watching it on screen). It was a fine example of the software gently nudging you in the direction that they wanted to give you the one and only result that was possible.

Sounds like the new Test Track vehicle design thing might be the same. . .

• Insomniac

^^Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking aswell. "Design" your car means you pick the same specifications every time but you think you specifically designed it yourself. But honestly the theme of this ride kind of needed an update and I'm glad to see that it will be getting one. Let's hope that the queue turns out as good as WDI's recent projects (minus the character tie ins).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Program

...but....

No Tron?!

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    ...but....

No Tron?!
    No.
    *trows identity disc at Mess98*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

According to the press release, the timeline for the closure is April 2012 - the fall, so unfortunately it'll be closed in June.

And as for Communicore, that was one of my favorite games there! Hopefully it'll be a little more advanced than that in terms of choices, but I can't figure out how it will be, especially if more than 1 party is in a car together.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Do you have any idea how popular a Disks of Tron attraction would be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast