Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: WDW's Fantasyland expansion of '12/'13 and DL's Fantasyland overhaul of '83

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ECV's on the other hand are used in excess and for selfish reasons I'll give you that.
    Like what? What selfish, excessive reasons?

My last WDW trip, I fell and broke my foot on my first day. I tried to used a manual wheelchair, but there are simply too many ramps and hills in the parks. If you have any kind of difficulty walking at all, the electric chairs are an absolute necessity.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

^There are some people, like yourself, who absolutely must use it. However, there are many people who use it simply because they don't like walking the entire day.

Spend a day in any park that's outside the US and you'll notice the use of ECV's is pretty much 0. This is not Disney's fault, but rather America's own.

Photo Via jdhilger

Quote Originally Posted by napeterson18 View Post
    ^There are some people, like yourself, who absolutely must use it. However, there are many people who use it simply because they don't like walking the entire day.

Spend a day in any park that's outside the US and you'll notice the use of ECV's is pretty much 0. This is not Disney's fault, but rather America's own.
    True and some people are total a-holes that just user them to use the handicap exit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by napeterson18 View Post
    Like who?

What makes you think you know everybody's reason for using one? Believe me, they're not convenient at all. It's hard to navigate through a crowd in one, it's hard to get through doors, it's hard to see where you're going, it's hard to get on and off the bus, it's hard to find space in your hotel room, and it's hard to even see the sights. I find it very hard to imagine choosing to use one if I didn't have to.

You see more now than you did a generation ago because people are living longer with conditions that would have made them housebound before. Also, costs have come down, which makes them an option for people who in another time would have had to just stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Like who?

What makes you think you know everybody's reason for using one? Believe me, they're not convenient at all. It's hard to navigate through a crowd in one, it's hard to get through doors, it's hard to see where you're going, it's hard to get on and off the bus, it's hard to find space in your hotel room, and it's hard to even see the sights. I find it very hard to imagine choosing to use one if I didn't have to.

You see more now than you did a generation ago because people are living longer with conditions that would have made them housebound before. Also, costs have come down, which makes them an option for people who in another time would have had to just stay home.
    They might be inconvenient but some people will go the extra mile to skip the lines.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Like who?

You ignore the fact you don't see the same behavior in the non-US parks...

The reason there are so many is because Disney makes it so easy for handicap users. That's why it's usage is so much higher then even at other US parks. Combine that with the crowds.. and that's why it's such a problem.

Or do you think... people with disabilities ONLY come to the US Disney parks? And 'stay home' everywhere else in the world and the US?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123