Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Obama coming to WDW and speak - What will he celebrate?

Ok, fun twist on the title.. but according to the OS and Inside the Magic... Obama is going to WDW this world and will make an appearance to speak about tourism and 'unveil a strategy that will significantly help boost tourism and travel' according to an aide

Talk about a kink in your vacation planning!

Obama: I

President Obama confirmed to visit Walt Disney World on Thursday to discuss economy, tourism | Inside the Magic
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Obama coming to WDW and speak - What will he celebrate?

I want to be there! I think it is awesome that our President is visiting Walt Disney World. It helps to reaffirm it's relevance in America.

Anything that also showcases Orlando as a top family destination and cements that people's minds is a GREAT thing!

I really want to be there when he is here!

Welcome to Orlando Mr. President!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

There's a famous story about a Hollywood wax museum that once hired Vincent Price to stand in for his own wax figure so he could come to life and scare the guests. If I was the President, I'd be so tempted to do the same thing in the Hall of Presidents.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I am happy I am not there. I imagine security is going to be extremely tight
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    There's a famous story about a Hollywood wax museum that once hired Vincent Price to stand in for his own wax figure so he could come to life and scare the guests. If I was the President, I'd be so tempted to do the same thing in the Hall of Presidents.
    That would be hilarious!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I would love to see that! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

that'd be sooooooooo awesome!

As a whole it's going to make the parks almost as big of a nightmare to be in as traffic becomes in Chicago everytime he comes home(seriously last time he came home for the weekend I sat in traffic in the same spot for an hour and a half, no joke), it's a great honor that's to be sure and I think if he goes and has a great time then it'll really drive up WDW's relevance, but man I'm glad I won't be in the parks those days...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• All-American

It does make you wonder if Obama will go see his animatronic, lol.

It's awesome that he loves WDW, however I can't believe that we're paying for it. Thats all I'm going to say about this.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

It appears that Main Street will be closed to anyone not invited to see the President's speech. Other guests can still visit the park but will be ushered behind Main Street to the sections open for everyone else. It looks like they are strongly recommending guests visit the other three parks.

• Minion

i wonder if they close the magic kingdom down when the presdent thir and oly have to spaail gust
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• WDW CM & HM fan

President To Unveil Tourism Strategy At Disney - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando
    To announce a tourism strategy at the Magic Kingdom. Main Street will be closed to regular park guests but the park won't be closed.

From our company's intranet:
    President Obama to visit Jan. 19

01/17/2012

The White House has asked the Walt Disney World Resort to host President Obama for an event at Magic Kingdom Park Thursday, Jan. 19. We are honored to accommodate the request.
    We've moved quickly to make necessary changes to our operation, offering extended park hours and additional entertainment at our other theme parks.

Letter has been/is being delivered to resort guest rooms:

January 2012
    We are delighted you chose the
    Walt Disney WorldŪ Resort as your vacation destination. We are celebrating a year filled with memories.
    From time to time we make operational adjustments and this Thursday we have some exciting enhancements to
    Disney’s Animal KingdomŪ Theme Park, Disney’s Hollywood StudiosŪ and EpcotŪ. We encourage you to take advantage of these offerings including additional morning and evening Extra Magic Hours and a special fireworks display, Rock the Night! Fireworks Spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood StudiosŪ.
    Please be aware we have moved the morning Extra Magic Hour on Thursday, January 19 to
    Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
    Please use the schedule on the back for the most up-to-date park hours, Extra Magic Hours and
    entertainment offerings for Tuesday through Saturday, January 17 – 21.

Due to the President speaking at teh castle, the 3pm parade has been moved to 3:30.
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

• Minion

I know he's there on business, but I hope his wife and kids will get to join him and enjoy some attractions.

• Mickey is not my Brother

He is coming to WDW to talk about Tourism on Main Street and no tourist will be allowed to watch and Main Street will be closed down till 3:00 p.m.

Personally, it sounds like they could have used a backdrop, and not added too much trouble for the tourists.

disappointed with Disney helping to provide what is basically a political/campaign speech. (I'd say the same with any candidate/politician... sorry politics don't belong in the parks).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast