• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Resort Properties vs. Off Property

I'm a former Cast Memeber who has always gotten the CM discount at the Disney World Resort Hotels and never had to worry about this.

I will be going to Disney World in July and I'm torn between staying at the Raddison Resort Pky. which is off property(I've never stayed at this hotel) or staying at the Port Orleans Riverside or The Carribean Beach Resort(which I stayed at before and love both of those resorts)

For all of you vets out there is it worth the extra 200+ dollars to stay at a Disney Resort I will not be driving and I love the idea of the new Magical Express that Disney offeres. I would also be relying on the Raddison shuttle service.

HELP!!!!!!xxx
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Banned User

Well, first off, the Magical Express isn't offered to the Raddison.

Second, you get 3 extra hours in the parks at night and 1 in the morning (alternates daily) if you stay on property at a Disney owned resort, the Swan and Dolphin, or the Hilton.

Disney transportation is better than the Raddison's shuttles, however, I question your resort choices. If you're looking in the moderate resorts category only, I think you'd be must happier at the Coronado Springs...

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Or you could save that 200+ extra dollars and go with a Value Resort. i have stayed at Pop Century and I think it is just the best bang for ya buck, its cheaper and you get the same Disney services as any other resort.
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Disney Resorts

I have been to Disney World 16, times going on 17 and every time we have stayed on property except once, now let me tell you that the Holiday Inn we stayed at was nice but so different from a Disney Resort.Every time we go to Disney we stay at either the Carribean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside (Just like you want to) or The Animal Kingdom Lodge, and they are beautiful. Staying off property ruins the whole Disney experience. It's not a bad thing but it takes away a part of the magic, especially if you have kids. So I would reccomend staying on property, but at a moderate or deluxe not value!! Value resorts are disgusting and the service is not nearly is good, you can hear everything from the room next door and when we stayed there, there were dead mosquitos on the wall. Talk about no cleaning!! Well that is what I reccomend to you, I hope you have a great trip!! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

The first few times that we went to WDW we stayed off property. once we stayed on property, I can never imagine staying elsewhere. If cost is an issue, I would stay at pop century or one of the all stars. The conveince is well worth the extra $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Disney transportation is better than the Raddison's shuttles, however, I question your resort choices. If you're looking in the moderate resorts category only, I think you'd be must happier at the Coronado Springs...
    Disney transportation is definately better--it bypasses the parking lots and drops you off at the front gate of each park. The Good neighbor busses drop you off in the middle of the parking lot (literally) and run less often.

The coronado springs is nice, but huge and a convention hotel. They also charge a gratuity in the food courts which you will not find at any other resort.

Caribbean beach resort has been getting a few unfriendly reviews lately.

Port orleans riverside is my moderate choice. I stay there often.

However, like big daddy said, a value is a good way to go.
    I will only stay in a value during the value sason though, they are way too packed any other time of the year. And only offer two double beds or a handicapped king room. The bus transport que will rival the longest waits you had for any other ride that day. very frustrating if all you want to do is get back to your room

Hope this was helpful

• Vacation Club Member

Ditto. We stayed off park my first trip down. We stayed on park the second. There is no comparison. It is well worth the extra $$$. Port Orleans or Riverside are both great, as is the Cor. Springs. The former two are closer to Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, Epcot and MGM. The Coronado is closer to MK, Animal K., and Bliz. Beach. The value resorts are OK but you will have a much better experience at the others if you can swing it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xomegan06
    I have been to Disney World 16, times going on 17 and every time we have stayed on property except once, now let me tell you that the Holiday Inn we stayed at was nice but so different from a Disney Resort.Every time we go to Disney we stay at either the Carribean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside (Just like you want to) or The Animal Kingdom Lodge, and they are beautiful. Staying off property ruins the whole Disney experience. It's not a bad thing but it takes away a part of the magic, especially if you have kids. So I would reccomend staying on property, but at a moderate or deluxe not value!! Value resorts are disgusting and the service is not nearly is good, you can hear everything from the room next door and when we stayed there, there were dead mosquitos on the wall. Talk about no cleaning!! Well that is what I reccomend to you, I hope you have a great trip!! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

The value resorts are NOT disgusting! They are very clean and provide a good value per dollar spent. As long as you don't require a pool slide or an on-site restaurant, the values are great if you plan to spend most of your time at the parks anyway. We've stayed at the All Star Sports and All Star Movies and have had excellent service, albeit a crowded food court at times. Having said that, I absolutely adored and much prefer staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, a beautiful resort. I do like pool slides and a hot time as well as a restaurant on site. I could not take advantage of the bike or boat rentals, but it was nice to know that they were available should I need them.