• When Will It Return?

Problems accessing AP section of WDW website with Premier AP

Kind of a long story so bear with me.

Last week I upgraded my DLR Premium AP to a Premier AP. Everything was done at the DLR ticket booths, and I used the Premier AP for entry to Disneyland & DCA, and for merch and food discounts just fine.

Today, I tried adding the Premier AP to my profile on the WDW website so that I may access the Passholder section. That did not work at all. The site did accept my pass information, but whenever I clicked on 'Passholders', or any other link to the AP landing page, I was brought back to the screen where I would add a WDW pass. I cleaned out my browser cache, and had the same problem. I tried a different browser, and had the same problem.

So I call up their internet support number. We spend an hour trying to solve the problem. Ultimately I'm told that I have a voucher for an AP, not an actual processed AP, despite my having used it already in DLR, or the website is not programmed correctly. Either way, there's nothing that they can do. The lone option I was left with was to call WDW Ticket Services, which is of course only open M-F.

After all this, I'm ultimately left not being able to access the AP section of WDW's site, and everything therein, despite having already paid for the pass. I'm being denied the product that I've already paid for, and Disney is telling me that they can't do anything about it and that even though it's their problem, it's essentially my problem. Awesome.

So has anyone else experienced problems logging into the AP section of WDW's site with a Premier AP? Is there something we've all been doing wrong? Advice would be helpful here.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• DMTNT

Re: Problems accessing AP section of WDW website with Premier AP

I have a Premier Passport and have not had any problems accessing either resorts web site. One thing to note (if you didn't already notice) is that on the back of your card is three separate numbers (DL AP#, WDW AP# and PhotoPass #).

When you do start using your pass in WDW, you will find the perks are much better at DL than WDW. Most of the food places in WDW don't offer AP discounts.

Good luck with the web site.

I upgraded to a Premier passport a few weeks ago and was able to register. The first thing you need to do is identify the correct type of ticket media (mine is a gold card with "California" and "Florida" on the face.)

Pay attention to the text above the mag stripe. If yours is similar to mine then it will start with a set of letters such as "WTS"

Match your ticket media numbers and enter them in the fields. It feels very counter-intuitive not to use the numbers along the bar code or at the bottom of the ticket media.

Good luck!

This is interesting. Friends who just added Premier to their existing DL a/p just went to WDW and reported that cast members were clueless on what it was, and didn't know how to discount purchases. They were disappointed that there were almost no food discounts, either.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• DMTNT

I used my Premier Passport in January at WDW. I did not have any problems with Cast Members recognizing it as an AP. I even used it at Rainforest Cafe and the server didn't question it. I, too, was extremely disappointed in the lack of food discounts. Escpecially considering we get them almost everywhere at DL. I was told at WDW that only sit-down restaurants offer AP discounts. But I tried it at the Sci-Fi Drive-In and was told they don't offer discounts.

• Lost Boy

I had a similar problem registering my premier pass on the WDW AP site... I had to try various combinations of the numbers as what was on the back didn't exactly match the format described. I think I had to leave off a number or something to get it to work; however, I did eventually get it to work.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• When Will It Return?

I upgraded to a Premier passport a few weeks ago and was able to register. The first thing you need to do is identify the correct type of ticket media (mine is a gold card with "California" and "Florida" on the face.)
    Yes...also known as a Premier Passport which is what I have...

Pay attention to the text above the mag stripe. If yours is similar to mine then it will start with a set of letters such as "WTS"
    Yes...entered the numbers more times than I can count during that hour spent on the phone w/ tech support...

Match your ticket media numbers and enter them in the fields. It feels very counter-intuitive not to use the numbers along the bar code or at the bottom of the ticket media.
    ...did that...

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    This is interesting. Friends who just added Premier to their existing DL a/p just went to WDW and reported that cast members were clueless on what it was, and didn't know how to discount purchases. They were disappointed that there were almost no food discounts, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfn View Post
    I used my Premier Passport in January at WDW. I did not have any problems with Cast Members recognizing it as an AP. I even used it at Rainforest Cafe and the server didn't question it. I, too, was extremely disappointed in the lack of food discounts. Escpecially considering we get them almost everywhere at DL. I was told at WDW that only sit-down restaurants offer AP discounts. But I tried it at the Sci-Fi Drive-In and was told they don't offer discounts.
    Sounds like you guys didn't do your research on what a WDW Premium AP offers in terms of perks. The website is quite clear on what the discounts are, and where they are. Where they aren't is restaurants, which makes sense because that's what Tables in Wonderland is for. Since TIW isn't FL residents only anymore, there's zero reason to offer them as an AP perk when WDW can make another $75 in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    I had a similar problem registering my premier pass on the WDW AP site... I had to try various combinations of the numbers as what was on the back didn't exactly match the format described. I think I had to leave off a number or something to get it to work; however, I did eventually get it to work.
    Did you have a problem w/ the site saying your expiration date is 12/30/2030?

Come to think of it, I think I'd better just print screen that, head into GR, and demand my pass reflect what the website says my expiration date is.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• When Will It Return?

UPDATE:

Well the website is now working for me, and my actual AP info now shows on the site just fine. Perhaps the programmers solved the problem? Who knows. It's fixed now, that's the important thing.