Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

Cross-promotional fireworks idea

Just a random idea, but I was thinking, what if, for one night only, Cinderella Castle was retro-fitted to perform Remember... Dreams Come True and Disneyland Resort AP holders could use their passes to access the Magic Kingdom for twelve hours. Walt Disney World Resort AP holders could access a performance of Wishes at Disneyland park as well. Passes for a performance of Remember at the Magic Kingdom, with most attractions running, would be around $60 to anyone else, but DLR APs can get in on their passes - I am struggling to think of a feasible reason for this idea, but it just sounded cool in my head. It would be cool for that small number of people who have a DLR AP as well as a WDWR AP, who could watch each resort's signature fireworks display at the other. As I said, there really is no point to this idea, but it could encourage some DLR AP holders to buy passes to WDWR or even come down for vacation; vice versa for Floridians to go to DLR for Wishes.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Cross-promotional fireworks idea

There would be some problems though. For example, Disneyland's Tinkerbell effect is not possible in WDW. Also, some segments just wouldn't make sense in WDW (Indiana Jones, etc).

Just one other thing. Wishes is not Walt Disney World's signature firework show. Reflections of Earth is the signature show.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Former Epcot CM

Charming.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Disney Memory Maker

Of course, I guess it would be possible to do RoE in DCA (in the lagoon in front of Paradise Pier). All they would have to do is transfer the globe, add lasers and firework locations.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• ...or just Tonny

In defence of Reflections of Earth: I honestly think it should not be compared to any other fireworks show. It is in a completely different league and no Disney castle-production can compete with it
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• Classic Animation

I have always thought AP's should be good in both WDW and DLR. What would it harm?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    In defence of Reflections of Earth: I honestly think it should not be compared to any other fireworks show. It is in a completely different league and no Disney castle-production can compete with it
    I completely agree.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Just one other thing. Wishes is not Walt Disney World's signature firework show. Reflections of Earth is the signature show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    I thought this show's only been around for about six years?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I thought this show's only been around for about six years?
    Yep, only 6. However, it is the favorite of most people and is the firework show Disney uses in advertisments. It's music can be found everywhere from ABCNews Specials to little commercials. It is also the oldest firework show on property.

-Michael

• ...or just Tonny

Perhaps it's only 6 years old, but I really hope it stays for at least that time coming, as I won't be able to see it again before the end of the decade or so
    Last edited by Thriller; 12-19-2005 at 04:07 AM.
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

I doubt that anyone in DL would want to see Wishes over RDCT. I mean Remember is superior in every way.

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Banned User

There would be some problems though. For example, Disneyland's Tinkerbell effect is not possible in WDW. Also, some segments just wouldn't make sense in WDW (Indiana Jones, etc).

-Michael
    I agree... though Reflections is getting old at this point. It is going to be replaced for the 25th.

And honestly, Wishes is being promoted even more than Reflections of Earth now. Wishes is the current show at WDW... RoE isn't getting any real new versions like Wishes just did. Expect Wishes to become WDW's staple fireworks show. Reflections of Earth was the staple until Wishes, now it's not really so. Though the new Epcot show should be very impressive when it opens in 2007.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I agree... though Reflections is getting old at this point. It is going to be replaced for the 25th.
    That is just a rumor (and unless you have an official statement, it will remain as that). Also, compared to other shows (like FitS), RoE is not old at all.

And honestly, Wishes is being promoted even more than Reflections of Earth now.
    Except for the HCoE commercial, I really haven't seen a lot of Wishes publicity. I haven't seen any billboards or anything. It's music hasn't been used outside the show.

Wishes is the current show at WDW... RoE isn't getting any real new versions like Wishes just did.
    Well, RoE already has it's beloved Peace on Earth finale (which I hear is simply amazing (and incredibly loud)). And although they don't promote it, they get new finales each 4th of July (this year's was simply amazing). RoE is so popular and loved that they don't have to make new shows for special events (holidays, 4th of july, NYE, etc), they just tack on a finale and everyone loves it.

-Michael

• Banned User

That is just a rumor (and unless you have an official statement, it will remain as that). Also, compared to other shows (like FitS), RoE is not old at all.
    Cosider me your official statement. And RoE is aging. 1999-2006 is a pretty long run for any fireworks show. Fantasy in the Sky may have run longer, but the soundtrack was changed frequently. Sorcery in the Sky even had its soundtrack changed a bit duing its decently long run.
    Except for the HCoE commercial, I really haven't seen a lot of Wishes publicity. I haven't seen any billboards or anything. It's music hasn't been used outside the show.
    You obviously don't look around Orlando much. lol. An AD for Wishes is printed on the back of almost every park guide released in the area. And the music for Wishes isn't really made to be used elsewhere. If you heard tunes from Aladdin, it reminds you of Aladdin. It's not going to work for the election results or New Year's Eve like the soundtrack for Reflections does. That use of the soundtrack really has nothing to do with the promotion of the show anyway.
    Well, RoE already has it's beloved Peace on Earth finale (which I hear is simply amazing (and incredibly loud)). And although they don't promote it, they get new finales each 4th of July (this year's was simply amazing). RoE is so popular and loved that they don't have to make new shows for special events (holidays, 4th of july, NYE, etc), they just tack on a finale and everyone loves it.
    -Michael
    Your reasoning is flawed. The reason that only a tag is added because it costs too much money to create an entire special version of a show vs. just using a fifteen year old song in a short holiday tag. And the NYE and 4th of July tags aren't new every year. A lot of the music is re-used from previous shows. Reflections of Earth doesn't have the budget to create special versions for holiday shows. That's why it is like it is. Not because people are content with just the tag. I can gurantee you that people would love to see an entire holiday version of Reflections of Earth than just a short holiday tag. It's just not worth investing.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Cosider me your official statement.
    Sorry, but unless I hear it from Jay Rasulo or see it on wdwnews.com, I will not believe that.

And the NYE and 4th of July tags aren't new every year. A lot of the music is re-used from previous shows.
    Maybe not always, but they have been in recent years. Just as an example, this years featured music from great American composers (not patriotic music). Last years was purely patriotic music (god bless america, etc). The last time I was there before that was 4 years ago (and I remember it was different). (Personally, I liked this year's the best)

Reflections of Earth doesn't have the budget to create special versions for holiday shows.
    Well that's because RoE is so expensive (moreso than Wishes). Then their special finales (about 5 minutes long) cost the same as the regular show.

I can gurantee you that people would love to see an entire holiday version of Reflections of Earth than just a short holiday tag. It's just not worth investing.
    You can't have a holiday show and call it Reflections of Earth. You can call it Illuminations, but you cannot make a holiday version of RoE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast