• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Star Wars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hey, Im new to micechat, my name is prometheus. I work at Tokyo Disney Sea...

This land is set between EPISODE 3 AND EPISODE 4. Please, no nitpicks XD
    So this is my idea for a brand new land, Star Wars Land. This land with 3 E-Tickets will replace Studio Backlot Tour and expand it more to make this amazing land. Based on the 4 Planets from the Star Wars Franchise, TATOOINE, HOTH,ENDOR, NABOO, AND ALDERAAN

ENTRANCE PLAZA
    The Entrance Plaza would resemble the Rebel Base from "A New Hope". This Rebel Base will feature the 1st E-Ticket ride,
    "TRENCH RUN" this would be a KUKA Arm Ride. The queue would show mission briefings featured in this ride, and guests would get a lecture from Princess Leia on how to destroy the death star. The vehicle would resemble a X-Wing but wouldn't be enclosed to prevent motion sickness. The ride would send through the Dogfight between the Rebels and the Empire. In the finale, Han Solo would help you destroy the death star, and you safely escape from the destruction. This ride will feature fastpass and the ride would be projected in a screen but with animatronics(like Spider-Man)

TATOOINE
    Tatooine is shaped like the new Carsland or Sunset Blvd. This straight walkway would feature a restaurant based on the "MOS EISLEY CANTINA" with those aliens playing the Cantina Theme. Shops include "WOTTA'S METAL GOODS" which features Star Wars souveniors. On the end of the walkway is another E-Ticket Ride, "TATOOINE PODRACERS" which is similar to Raidator Springs Racers, which would feature 2 Podracers racing in the deserts of Tatooine. There would be scenes with the Rancor, where pods accidentally falls inside Jabba's Lair and a high speed climax through the rocks. This ride features fastpass.

HOTH
    Hoth is an area covered with snow. White mountains surrounding the areas hide the showbuilding for the E-Ticket Ride,
    "THE BATTLE OF HOTH" a launch/hanging coaster similar to Peter Pan's Flight shooting guests through a simulated training where screens train your X-Wing Driving skills, the unique aspect of this ride is the transition from screen to real life. Once your training is over, you are sent to the battlefield, the Snow-Walkers had actually come to Hoth. You fly over the Snow-Walkers and through Icy Caverns with encounters with Wampas and Taun-Tauns. Restaurants feature "THE ICE BASE"

ENDOR

Endor features a walkthrough and a little coaster atop the woods, where Ewoks live. "EWOK ENCOUNTER" where guests can meet-and-greet with the friendly Ewoks. A 10 Minute Show, "FALL OF THE EMPIRE CELEBRATION" where Ewoks celebrate the fall of the Empire with the "Return of the Jedi" ending themes, like Yub Nub. A kiddie coaster "SPEEDER COASTER" have encounters with AA StormTroopers, and the Walkers from Return of the Jedi. Shops include "ENDOR GIFTS" and a restaurant named "WICKETT'S TREETOP DINERS"

NABOO
    Naboo has 2 Sections, "Underwater" and "Outside". Outside the water is an entranceway to "Underwater" where its surrouned by glass domes and outside the domes are projected undersea stuff. A Ride similar to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at Tokyo Disney Sea resides, "JAR JAR'S SCAVENGER HUNT" where guests board mini submarines to find treasure, but "something goes horribly wrong" when those fishes attack the submarine, descending guests to somewhere unknown.

ALDERAAN
    In Alderaan, there is a giant "JEDI TEMPLE" where guests can experience "JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY", "HAN SOLO'S BLASTER LECTURES" and "STAR TOURS: THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE" This indoor place is for kids but adults can also enjoy.

Hope You Enjoyed my Idea! And May The Force be With You

Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Minion

Re: Star Wars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

great idea, however as much as i like star wars, i think that this might be too much of a good thing. ide keep the best parts of this and make it a "lucas land" in the echo lake zone with the area around 50s prime time diner turning into an american graffiti tribute area, getting an Indiana Jones sub land next to that and then star wars with a lucas tribute somewhere in the mix as well. could work out very nicely

•   
    • Minion

I have always said this would rival WWoHP and probably surpass it if done right. /thumbs up!!

• formerly very helpful

I agree, if done right. I'd love to see someone do some good drawings or cgi of this.

Welcome to MiceChat!

Thoughts:

1) I feel it is in bad taste to have one of the locations (Alderaan) be the site of a planet-wide massacre and apocalyptic event. Could use Coruscant instead.

2) This is actually not a bad realization of the oft-pined for 'Star Wars Land'. I simply cannot fathom why they WOULDN'T take advantage of this property to its fullest and logical extent, other than problems on the Lucas end of things. If something of this scale happened, focus would be shifted back to DHS, and hopefully result in a complete placemaking and restructuring of that park.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Minion

This is a great idea, and though it's super expensive and probably wouldn't get greenlit anytime soon to its fullest degree, the profits drawn from a Star Wars land would be enormous, even if they all came from me alone hahaha.

The one complaint I have with this otherwise great proposition is that the Jedi Temple is located on Coruscant, not Alderaan. Plus, Alderaan was only featured in the movies for like 3 seconds in Episode III and then got blown to bits in IV...we don't really know what it looks like and have no connection to it. Coruscant not only fits thematically better but because it's entirely urban, it could be retrofitted over the Streets of America quite easily.

Can't wait to hear more from you!

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Thanks for the good comments!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

I'd prefer this WAY more than the Avatar land. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and this would put WDW over the top as a destination vacation stop.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    1) I feel it is in bad taste to have one of the locations (Alderaan) be the site of a planet-wide massacre and apocalyptic event. Could use Coruscant instead.
    Please tell me you are joking...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Please tell me you are joking...
    No, I'm not joking - citizens of the New Republic might be offended. :P

In all seriousness, though - Coruscant is a much better location for all the reasons TylerDurden mentioned - it's not as visibly recognizable or as established as the city-planet. And happens to be where the Jedi temple actually is.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The planets involved should be:

1) Tatooine - this allows for the iconic Mos Eisley Cantina and maybe a Podracing attraction.

2) Coruscant - the capital city of the galaxy would make for a unique landscape. It'd also be a good place to board Star Tours... even though you return to Coruscant in one of the endings. It'd make the most sense to have it there. This area also allows the most freedom to do whatever they want... build a Jedi Temple for the Jedi Training Academy, etc etc.

The rest really wouldn't matter. I rather these two environments be fleshed out better. They're a stark contrast to anything else we will find in a Disney park.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html