Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Clock ticks closer to end of WDW experience

*stamps feet*

They can't make me! I won't do it! I like to plan a WDW trip, but then I get to the parks and just wing it. Like last weekend. My original plan was to do just Epcot. I ended up spur of the moment doing 3 parks in one day. Was exhausting, but worth it as I'd suddenly decide, "Ok I want to go to DHS" or, "Ok let's go to MK". Not knowing what I do until I do it is half the fun and adventure of a WDW trip!

This is so ridiculous. It's bad enough with the dang dinning reservations being 180 days out. Now I have to book rides? This is very irritating and is going to turn a lot of visitors away from all this advanced booking. I want to vacation and relax not keep a schedule!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    *stamps feet*

They can't make me! I won't do it! I like to plan a WDW trip, but then I get to the parks and just wing it. Like last weekend. My original plan was to do just Epcot. I ended up spur of the moment doing 3 parks in one day. Was exhausting, but worth it as I'd suddenly decide, "Ok I want to go to DHS" or, "Ok let's go to MK". Not knowing what I do until I do it is half the fun and adventure of a WDW trip!
    And that is precisely why it will never work at the DLR as well.

DL as most on here know is a "locals park". But nice weather and other competing parks also means that this crowd can be very fickle and can literally change their mind on a moments notice to go to the beach or Knotts or Universal or wherever.

Xpass will never work out west because you can't have your local commit to going to DL 6 months in advance and if they do they can easily change their mind literally the day they are supposed to go.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    This is so ridiculous. It's bad enough with the dang dinning reservations being 180 days out. Now I have to book rides? This is very irritating and is going to turn a lot of visitors away from all this advanced booking. I want to vacation and relax not keep a schedule!
    Maybe I'm a bit off here since I've never actually gone on a cruise before, but it sounds very much like how a cruise works in terms of keeping a schedule. I don't hear too many complaints about that from cruisers, but I do know cruising is not for everyone.

I just honestly don't think that this is going to have the doomsday consequences that people here are saying it will. It's not like you won't be able to ride Space Mountain like you always have if you don't use Xpass. The ol' stand-by line will always be there for the people who, for reasons I can't begin to fathom, prefer to use it.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

If I have to plan every little minute of my day, I'd rather do a thru-hike. It's far more rewarding, and I get to eat a lot of chocolate.

• Minion

ORDDU: There are too many things that can happen at the last minute to ruin the plans you try to make--regardless of how well you plan things--particularly when you're out with family. What happens if your little duckling needs to use the restroom for a long period of time when you're scheduled watch a parade at a special location that was planned out?

ORWEN: And what happens if you can't make it to the park on time, due to bad traffic even when you're already staying on property. Those Disney buses don't always seem to run on schedule, themselves!

ORGOCH: An' what the Heck happens if'n yer standin' in line fer Big Thunder Thighs Mountain, only ta hear REAL thunder in the background where they has ta go an' shut down the whole dang ride--puttin' 'emselves behind schedule!!

ORDDU: The potential for so many disruptions are endless--especially when you're trying to control that many guests every day.

ORGOCH: I say don't fix what ain't broken! Call it off, call it off, CALL IT OFF!!!

• Marching along

Angry Re: Clock ticks closer to end of WDW experience

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post

I just honestly don't think that this is going to have the doomsday consequences that people here are saying it will. It's not like you won't be able to ride Space Mountain like you always have if you don't use Xpass. The ol' stand-by line will always be there for the people who, for reasons I can't begin to fathom, prefer to use it.
    Except now the standby line will become unnecessarily longer for a host of other attractions, even those which up until now have had pleasantly short or non-existant waits. Do Spaceship Earth and the Great Movie Ride really *need* Xpass?

Xpass is, in reality, nothing more than a de facto price hike disguised as "guest service." A brand new revenue stream to solve a non-existant problem. A cynical money grab that reeks of extortion, from a company whose increasingly clear mission is to deliver less-- and charge more.

DisCo is reaching directly into your wallet on this one, folks. Enjoy what's left of the good old days while they last.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Toad View Post
    Except now the standby line will become unnecessarily longer for a host of other attractions, even those which up until now have had pleasantly short or non-existant waits. Do Spaceship Earth and the Great Movie Ride really *need* Xpass?

Xpass is, in reality, nothing more than a de facto price hike disguised as "guest service." A brand new revenue stream to solve a non-existant problem. A cynical money grab that reeks of extortion, from a company whose increasingly clear mission is to deliver less-- and charge more.

DisCo is reaching directly into your wallet on this one, folks. Enjoy what's left of the good old days while they last.
    Exactly, it's like management never spent a day in WDW.

• Minion

So stupid. Spontaneity, what's that?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

It really is no different then the gate A pass at Universal which by the way you can really effect other guests with as i was asked on mummy what seat i wanted and i said the front and they asked the guest in the front to get out and we got in which i felt bad about since i thought we would get next car but i guess front of the line really ment front of the line! If this really prevents you from coming back to the park then i for one wave bye bye as that means one less person for me to deal with! It will have very little effect on the park experience Imo
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    Exactly, it's like management never spent a day in WDW.
    That's most likely true.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    That's most likely true.
    That's the confusing part: the brain behind the project worked in the park for a few years.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    That's the confusing part: the brain behind the project worked in the park for a few years.
    Wait, we know who came up with this idea? Who is it!? I know NextGen was in development well before Staggs took over, for what it's worth. Rasulo, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Wait, we know who came up with this idea? Who is it!? I know NextGen was in development well before Staggs took over, for what it's worth. Rasulo, perhaps?
    Al made an article on it a few months ago. Lemme find it.

Edit: Here,
    http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al071211a.htm

The NextGen team is led by Jim McPhee (shown below), a well-liked senior leader who worked his way up from a host at the Tiki Room in the 1970’s to a Senior Vice President overseeing the NextGen skunkworks.
    Go figure, a man who ran the Tiki Room let that fiasco that is Under New Management run to instead focus on Next Gen.
    Last edited by Twist1234; 02-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.

• Minion

I find it odd how the title article which this post is based on (which again as said previously comes from a wildly unreliable source) actually argues in the opposite direction of the OP specifically stating a variety of reasons why it should have very little to no effect on the theme park experience for those who choose not to use it (despite the sky is falling title). just throwing this information out there. My opinion is in line with jim hill's, no this will not affect theme park experience for anyone if it does happen at all (which i doubt it will to the extent that is being "rumored"). by the way, I'm pretty sure if you don't want to use the system you don't have to so why on earth is this in any way shape or form such a noteworthy event? If you don't agree with the concept, don't participate in it, enough said.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast