main entrance pass???

Not sure where to ask this, but looking for info on main entrance passes. A friend of mine(actually more of a business associate) is getting me some sort of free entrance passes to Walt Disney world. He is getting them from his buddy that has some big contracts with WDW. They have been fedexed to him and I should receive them tomorrow but i'm anxious to know what they are....he says they aren't normal passes that they are some sort of ViP pass???? however the person doesn't have to meet us at the gate as an employee would have to do. He said the guy gave him a number for me to call for blackout dates....what kind of pass could these be. He also said they were good for more than one day???? Has anyone heard of such a pass?Thanks!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: main entrance pass???

it could just be comp tickets...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    it could just be comp tickets...
    Probably Comp tickets with no dollar value by the way...not upgradable if that's what you were hoping for.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

So... what kind of passes were they?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

hey finally got the tickets they say Disney Parks where dreams come true. they do have the magnetic strip on the back and say not for sale and 1 day PH cast distribution comp-summer. Are these only good for one day entrance one ticket for one person? Can we park hop with them? Can it be used in Disneyland? I work for an airline so could go to disneyland for onetime visit. Hate to be picky, but it would actually be less expensive to purchase a three day florida residence pass for WDW then to use two comp tickets and purchase one day passes for third day. Any suggestions or advice? If I purchase a one day ticket and use it can I then use it to apply for an annual pass? Tried to call disney and they would not help ....said to read the back of the comp card. Unfortunately I don't really know the person giving it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Sounds to me like they're just a complimentary one day/one park admission, only good at WDW. And since it says on the ticket it's complimentary, I doubt you can use it towards the price of an AP since it has no cash value beling a comp ticket.

And I'd be careful about buying Florida resident admission tickets if you're not a Florida resident. The fine print states proof of Florida residency must be presented in order to get the tickets. Some CMs might overlook it, but others may not. I wouldn't risk breaking any rules/policies only to be denied later on. FWIW, every Florida resident pass myself or my parents (they live in Florida half the year, so they qualified to get FL resident IDs) have purchased, we've all been asked for proof of Florida residency when redeeming our vouchers.

I am a florida resident....

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Oh ok. I didn't know you were as you didn't mention it in your previous posts.

The current 3/4 day FL resident passes might be your best bet then if that's what you're looking for. It's only for one park per day, but you can add the parkhopping option for an addtional $27 or something like that. That's what I've done in the past when I bought those kind of passes. But now I have an AP and use the monthly payment option since I plan on going to the parks more often than I have in the past.

Thanks for your response. We normally get the annual pass as well as we LOVE disney. I wasn't planning on going again until June and with the offer of these tickets I was excited about a sooner visit. I don't want my new annual pass to start before June, so it will cover next years spring break. I guess we could do a two night stay with one park day....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It is a 1 Day Park Hopper ticket.

So good only for one person to use for 1 day, but you can use it at multiple parks.

---------- Post added 03-13-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

I highly suggest you do not go to Guest Services to inquire about these tickets because you don't want to say the wrong thing and get the person who gave you the tickets in trouble.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Thanks Eric! I'm glad to hear its a park hopper at least! It might still be fun to do a quick trip.