Talking Splash Mountain Slippin falls purpose?

So on a previous trip to MK I noticed that on our way up to lift hills (that took forever by the way) we ended up going down a drop right from the start. I thought the point of the lift hills were to get you a little above the ground surface but what's the point when you end up at the end going down a small drop? Those two lift hills are really time consuming to the ride I think.

Re: Splash Mountain Slippin falls purpose?

I don't understand. Are you talking about the lift hills followed by the little drops before the big one?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I'm talking about the two at the very very beginning. Right before you enter the indoor portion of the ride.

Those are usually used to separate the logs which will limit the amount of times the logs bump into each other, not to mention reduce congestion of the logs at the final lift hill.

Using the underwater jets to separate the logs take way too much time to do, while a waterfall separates the logs faster and more efficiently.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDisney View Post
    So on a previous trip to MK I noticed that on our way up to lift hills (that took forever by the way) we ended up going down a drop right from the start. I thought the point of the lift hills were to get you a little above the ground surface but what's the point when you end up at the end going down a small drop? Those two lift hills are really time consuming to the ride I think.
    After the 2 lifts, you actually go down 3 drops before you get to the big drop.
    The sequence is as follows:
    Lift A
    Lift B
    Drop 1
    Drop 2
    Drop 3
    Lift C
    Drop 4
    Drop 5

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDisney View Post
    Also, who said that you have to continuously make progress to just the one final drop? It's an attraction, it's meant to be fun. They can use those other drops to add a little bit of that. Not to mention, at Disneyland, the drop where you go down, then come back up ever so slightly always gets me (and my family) splashed with more water than the big drop. I can't remember WDW's Splash unfortunately.

In addition, I'm sure the slight drops that are literally right after each lift hill (on the other side of the crest) are to help ensure the boats make it. If they just flattened out, I'm sure they'd have problems with boats getting stuck or slowing down too much. Having the height difference allows the boat to be lifted up AND over the top of the hill, where gravity ensures it makes it back to full speed quickly.

A log flume is really nothing but a roller coaster on water. If a roller coaster is able to have multiple drops, why not a log flume?