Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    NO. Like others have said, Figment is the mascot of EPCOT and he belongs there. What needs to happen is the restoration of his ride to its original glory, or better. I never got to ride the original so you'd think I wouldn't particularly care, but I've seen old ride through videos on youtube and I think that drivel they've currently got in its place is an absolute crime. The fact that it has the word "imagination" in its title is laughable. Not only does the ride itself suck, but they've turned Figment into Stitch. An obnoxious little troublemaker. That is not who he is supposed to be, he is supposed to be a sweet, innocent soul who looks upon the world with childlike wonder and imagination.
    I've never heard anyone put it better... Figment has turned into Stich. An annoying character that they can use for merchandise... Brilliant
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

  2. #17

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    NO. Like others have said, Figment is the mascot of EPCOT and he belongs there. What needs to happen is the restoration of his ride to its original glory, or better. I never got to ride the original so you'd think I wouldn't particularly care, but I've seen old ride through videos on youtube and I think that drivel they've currently got in its place is an absolute crime. The fact that it has the word "imagination" in its title is laughable. Not only does the ride itself suck, but they've turned Figment into Stitch. An obnoxious little troublemaker. That is not who he is supposed to be, he is supposed to be a sweet, innocent soul who looks upon the world with childlike wonder and imagination.
    Exactly. The new on is so bad on so many levels. The original is so much better. I'd do anything to see the original even if it was for a limited time

  3. #18

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Navarre, Florida
    Posts
    85

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Exactly. The new on is so bad on so many levels. The original is so much better. I'd do anything to see the original even if it was for a limited time
    I totally agree with you, the original JII need to return big time, but not for a limited time, for all time.

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Yep that's what I think too. I think it should change back the original and stay like that. That's the onley way the attraction will get popular again

    ---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 12:53 AM ----------

    I mean they could do newer animatronics and stuff but it should still be the original one but with updated technology

  5. #20

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ElecTRONica
    Posts
    43

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Figment is to Epcot as Mickey is to Disney as a whole...They simply cannot exist apart

  6. #21

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Syracuse, NY- formally New Jersey
    Posts
    7

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Figment and Dreamfinder and the whole Journey into you Imaginations/Innovations/Captain EO was how I recognized EPCOT (Epcot Center) growing up in the mid-late '80's. It was such a feel good ride then you can run around in a "then" pretty cool technology playground like Innovations. This pavilion was a very comforting place for me when Epcot Center felt more adult driven back then. Figment and Dreamfinder were the ideal icons for Epcot Center. It gave the park their own identity i.e. Mickey Mouse/MK. And I know there is some controversy about Captain EO right now but way back it was WAY COOL!!!! I do understand that times change and there is a new crowd "I want bigger and better" crowd that storm the theme parks now a days. But wasn't that how we thought way back then? Technology has driven us mad! lol. I would love to share with my kids the fun I had at the pavilion in the future and hope when/if they do "fix up" the pavilion they bring back a little "old school" charm.

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    57

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrToddsMildRide View Post
    I've never heard anyone put it better... Figment has turned into Stich. An annoying character that they can use for merchandise... Brilliant
    And yet, Figment outsold Mickey Merchandise at EPCOT during the integration in the mid/late 80s.

    He's a viable character all his own. For example, I went to Disney when I was 4 (first trip)...and I left...with a Figment doll, and nothing Mickey (though my parents had Mickey stuff)

  8. #23

    • Metro-Retro Historian
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brava Centauri
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrToddsMildRide View Post
    I've never heard anyone put it better... Figment has turned into Stich. An annoying character that they can use for merchandise... Brilliant
    Figment was another victim of the failed hip and edgy campaign of the Eisner years. This is what happens when you make your teenage sons define the direction of your parks. Original figment was innocent childlike and charming. He was a great character that people could identify with when they were exploring this world of computers and robots. It could be a little overwhelming, but at least the purple dragon and the nice inventor were there to help you through it.

    It was also good for merchandise back then because Disney deliberately decided not to include Mickey and his gang to help illustrate that EPCOT Center was something very different from the Magic Kingdom. As much as they tried to make SMRT-1 and other robotics the walk around characters for this park, it's hard to hug a robot. Figment and Dreamfinder helped to humanize the experience. It also helped that they had the park's second most popular attraction. The first being the one that every guest have to walk under to get anywhere as soon as they enter the park.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

  9. #24

    • Heavy Breather
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    831

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Figment was another victim of the failed hip and edgy campaign of the Eisner years. This is what happens when you make your teenage sons define the direction of your parks. Original figment was innocent childlike and charming. He was a great character that people could identify with when they were exploring this world of computers and robots. It could be a little overwhelming, but at least the purple dragon and the nice inventor were there to help you through it.

    It was also good for merchandise back then because Disney deliberately decided not to include Mickey and his gang to help illustrate that EPCOT Center was something very different from the Magic Kingdom. As much as they tried to make SMRT-1 and other robotics the walk around characters for this park, it's hard to hug a robot. Figment and Dreamfinder helped to humanize the experience. It also helped that they had the park's second most popular attraction. The first being the one that every guest have to walk under to get anywhere as soon as they enter the park.
    When it comes to making decisions for Disney Parks, don't ask your teens opinion.
    Thats why Eisner failed.

    ---------- Post added 06-14-2012 at 06:27 PM ----------

    I didn't grow up with the original JII, but thanks to Martin Smith I was able to see it , and the rest of EPCOT Center in all it's glory. After I rode the current version I felt insulted. Not only was it a cheap poorly designed attraction, but it's insulting to know that it replaced something so intricatly themed and detailed that it rivaled the Haunted Mansion. Hopefully the redesign of Test Track indicates better things in store for Epcot. Hopefully TDO will invest some money into restoring the pavillion to it's former glory. Make an amazing E Ticket dark ride starring Dreamfinder and Figment that rivals the original. Reopen the upstairs Imageworks with new exhibits(and don't forget the Rainbow Tunnel). And they could do two things with magic Eye theater. Use it as new ride space, or make a new show. Of course it wouldn't be Imagination without Dreamfinder, with Figment in hand, greeting guests.


    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/









  10. #25

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    yeah i miss the original so bad and id love it to be with updated technolgy but with new effects and animatronics with the same audio and scenes though.just new animatronics or effects or restore the old one's.

  11. #26

    • Mr Test Track
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD
    Posts
    105

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Disney needs to revive Figment. If they get rid of Figmen tlike they did that one time, the Disney World fans wil have a tantrum.

  12. #27

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Figment is iconic and needs to be restored to his original glory!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  13. #28

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Figment is iconic and needs to be restored to his original glory!
    yes yes exactly bring back the original with updated animatronics and effects with remastered and restored audio.

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    I'm part of the minority that just wants something new there. I bet it has much more sentimental value to a lot more people though.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    146

    Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

    I doubt they would remove Figment anytime soon, after seeing how much merchandise he is on for the 30th anniversary. My sister is a huge fan of Figment, and is miserable because she cant afford all of it. If he sells well, he might stick around...
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What DL rides do you think should be taken out?
    By SILVERMOUSE21 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
  2. Figment's WDW Update: Epcot-12/19
    By figment1986 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 09:40 PM
  3. Should I move?
    By yensid1987 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •