Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

With the talks of Color Vision now sponsoring Imagination!, I've heard that with the new sponsorship, they are now able to revamp the classic attraction off of life support. Then I thought to myself, should Figment get a entirely new attraction? Maybe in a different park? I think it would be cool if Figment(and Dreamfinder hopefully!) paired up with the Muppets. Or maybe a ride at MGM *sigh* where Figment goes through the steps on making a movie? We can only imagine(the puns make themselves XD). Post your thoughts.
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

• Minion

Re: Should Figment move out of EPCOT?

ORWEN: Poor little Figgy just isn't treated with the respect he deserves. They ruined his attraction and don't even let him come out to meet and greet anymore.

ORDDU: Which just goes to show how little respect the park, as whole, is receiving from current management. The park is a mere shadow of what it used to be. It's very sad.

ORWEN: I wish they'd create a new attraction for Figment that was even better than the original--if that's possible.

ORDDU: If they'd spend the money correctly it could be done.

ORGOCH: Got Imagineers?

ORGOCH: Got Imagineers?
    You win the Internet!

• Insomniac

Nope. Figment for the longest time, and in some respects still is, the character of EPCOT. Moving him to another park would be like taking pirates and putting them in EPCOT. It wouldn't make sense.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

What we need is for Figment and Dreamfinder to come back together. The whole issue of the current version is Figment's far more focused on antagonizing the Institute and us getting caught in the middle of his feud. Give him a loving home with a ride put together on a lavish budget incorporating themes of the original and things will be much better.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

I think that the Figment of the 80s made it OK to be childish. I mean COME ON Dreamfinder sings about it in the opening song! That's what made him such a likable character in the first place.The Figment of today is just a really annoying character with the attitude of everyone's little brother.
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Figment is still Epcot's mascot for the most part, so no. Epcot is where he belongs.

• Minion

EPCOT has suffered enough blows to its identity without losing its unofficial mascot, too! Figment just needs an attraction worthy of him. And the walkabout Dreamfinder with Figment puppet needs to come back so kids can meet him.

• Adventures with Duffy

Figment should stay in Epcot. It would be nice if they updated the ride and have Figment walk around the park again. :-)

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Figment should never have to leave just because of what the Disney company tragically and shamefully did to his once wonderful ride. He belongs at Epcot, along with Dreamfinder again (with Figment in his arms and both of them greeting people). He and Dreamfinder are a great original duo of characters that didn't have to rely on any nostalgia to logically fit.

• Unhelpful User

NO WAY!!! NEVER!!! Figment is Epcot's pride and joy, the current version of JII has turned Figment from a kindhearted sweetie, into a downright arrogant jerk. This is one of the reasons why I want the original with Dreamfinder back so badly. Another reason why is because the original JII along with other lost attractions like Horizons, World of Motion and such is what made Epcot, Epcot. I think it's time for TDO to wake up and see that keeping the current version of JII is a disasterous thing, and see what Epcot is missing.

• Disney Freak

You can't move Figment; like everyone else said, he is EPCOT's mascot. But, I'm totally cool with throwing him into a dumpster. I never rode the first Figment, so I don't have the same attachment to Dreamfinder and Fig that everyone else has. Then again, neither have the children of today. So, best case scenario, Dreamfinder is brought back in all his original glory. 2nd Best Case: Figment gets tossed to the Island of Misfit Attractions, never to be seen again, and something bigger, better, and more imaginative is put into the Imagination Pavillion. Worst case? Annoying Figment stays all by his lonesome in that building.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    EPCOT has suffered enough blows to its identity without losing its unofficial mascot, too! Figment just needs an attraction worthy of him. And the walkabout Dreamfinder with Figment puppet needs to come back so kids can meet him.
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!! and i would like to add - adults too

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Oh god no please keep figment. But if they will keep figment they need to do a remake of the original attraction with new animatronics and stuff but if they're just gonna keep that godawful version with that annoying scientist then well folks figment will be dead forever. He's nothing without the dreamfinder

• Minion

NO. Like others have said, Figment is the mascot of EPCOT and he belongs there. What needs to happen is the restoration of his ride to its original glory, or better. I never got to ride the original so you'd think I wouldn't particularly care, but I've seen old ride through videos on youtube and I think that drivel they've currently got in its place is an absolute crime. The fact that it has the word "imagination" in its title is laughable. Not only does the ride itself suck, but they've turned Figment into Stitch. An obnoxious little troublemaker. That is not who he is supposed to be, he is supposed to be a sweet, innocent soul who looks upon the world with childlike wonder and imagination.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast