• Bring back the Keelboats!

Submarine Lagoon

When I first went to WDW, it was in 1983. I recall the Jules Verne-like submarines.

The entire attraction is now gone, but I can't recall exactly where it was located. What is on the location site now? Are there rides or something covering the area?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Yay Mickey!!

Re: Submarine Lagoon

Today the former submarine lagoon is home to the Fantasyland expansion. All the way from Beast's castle to the Little Mermaid attraction and all the way to the walled section of the walkway across from Pooh (formerly Toad). 20k sat on a big sight, with the show building towards the backside (north) of the site.

-Justin

Post Re: Submarine Lagoon

20 000 leagues under the sea is long gone.The attraction was located in front of the Winnie the Pooh attraction (at the time Mr Toads Wild ride). It's a long and painful story for Disney fans that started in 1994 when the attraction originally closed, initially the subs sat there in the lagoon but were then sent to the bone yard. A few years later a king Triton statue was added to the untouched lagoon and a meet and greet was put on the loading docks. Finally after 10 years of waiting the lagoon finally got paved over. What could they be building? A new dark ride? Of course not don't be silly, it's a new Winnie the Pooh playground! Disappointing right? The site was closed off to make way for the new Fantasyland expansion recently. If you want you can take a peak at what the attraction looked like between 1994 and 2004 (and yes the showbuilding had all of it's props until it got demolished) head over to: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - The Ride

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: Submarine Lagoon

That's a lotta land! Thanks, Justin and Twist1234!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!